Price Drop?....New Reservations Only?

permgrande44

Ok all, help me with this one. I purchased a cruise, for October, months back. I made final payment in Aug. The TA I went through called me today and said documents are ready and she’s sending them to the house and asked if I had any questions.

While on the phone with her, I was checking the prices, like I’ve been doing almost every day, and low and behold my cruise and cabin are on special today. “Royal Caribbean Sales Event” for $262 p/p less than what I paid.

I showed her on the website and she called, I guess RCI, and said it’s for new bookings only. It does say that at the bottom of the fine print, but I swear I’ve read on here that people have gotten the price drop even though it was for new reservations.

Please help me with ideas on what to do. $524 would be a nice OBC for cocktails and such or am I SOL?

I assume that indicates the cruise sold out,

Usually that just means your cruise is selling well, but with the Hawaii cruises if it hasn't sold out already it will. If it is sold out it will appear as N/A when you try to book it (or no categories will pop up as available).

A. - the TA does not like the extra effort needed;

B. - RCCL does not like the extra effort needed;

C. - Between the TA and RCCL, there can easily be miscommunication of the changes (cancel the original and book a new reservation);

D. - The new reservation will most likely NOT be for the cabin you were originally assigned;

E. - Payment of the Cancellation Fee (usually the deposit amount) will most likely eat up the expected savings.

Bottom line - Go and enjoy your cruise!! You bought it and paid for it. The 'special' fare to fill the ship is just that - reduced cost tickets to put folks in the cabins that are not otherwise occupied. Don't fret over a few $$ - just GO and enjoy!! :)

Wrp I have only noticed 2 things since bookings opened up mid to latter April, the Suites have been NA a few times, back to a price, now back to NA, Balconies at least our D1 Cat have jumped $ 200 pp. The remaining cabins have held in price. The bookings for our Oct 2008 Hawaii opened up 17 months out. I realize that what rooms the web shows isn't necessarily a true indication of rooms available, except, 3 months after I booked, I checked on a cabin neaer the Lifts, we are 11 rooms forward, nothing. On the Radiance of the Seas, anything within 12 rooms is about as center as you can get on that ship. Only reason looking for a switch, friends backed out and we are in a Connecting room.

Archived