Bermuda Gold Loquat Liquor

shamrox91

Does anyone know where I can buy Bermuda Gold Liquor? This year is my bil & sil's 25th anniversary and they had gone to Bermuda on their honeymoon. At their anniversary party they had a bottle of Bermuda Gold that they had bought while on their honeymoon. My DH wanted to buy them a new bottle when we are there but wanted to make sure that it was readily available.

Thanks

you can buy bermuda gold at just about any liquor store on the island, but to get it duty free you'll need to get it at either gosling's or burrows lightbourne. while i don't usually drink it, i find the best mixer for it is ice, if you don't have any ice, serve it in a shot glass

you can buy bermuda gold at just about any liquor store on the island, but to get it duty free you'll need to get it at either gosling's or burrows lightbourne. while i don't usually drink it, i find the best mixer for it is ice, if you don't have any ice, serve it in a shot glass

When you visit Goslings, they can offer you a small, free sample of Bermuda Gold. It really was delicious. We made the mistake of not buying it on the spot as it is not sold on the ship. You can't buy it in the liquor stores here either (we tried) as it is not exported. This would make a unique and very interesting gift from Bermuda. We are definitely going to buy some the first day we dock in Bermuda. Even if you go over your limit on the duty free, the duty is so small that it would still be worth getting some extra bottles. I think the duty was 2%, which on a $14 bottle would be 28 cents. How much more reasonable can that be. I think this would be something neat to serve at Christmas with snow on the ground to remind you of sunny Bermuda.

Bermuda Guy, how do people drink Bermuda Gold? You mentioned over ice or just as a shot glass. They don't mix it with anything? I think I will have to experiment and create a new drink. Would you like to be my assisant in this research project? LOL:)

Bermuda Guy, how do people drink Bermuda Gold? You mentioned over ice or just as a shot glass. They don't mix it with anything? I think I will have to experiment and create a new drink. Would you like to be my assisant in this research project? LOL:)

i can't think of anyone who drinks it off the top of my head. after spending many hours perched on barstools in many licensed and unlicensed establishments i can't think of one occasion where i've heard someone say "bermuda gold please. two doubles in the same glass" it is used more as an ingredient in other drinks rather than the backbone in its own drink. a bunch of years ago me and a couple mates were having a particularly slow income period, forcing us to consume left over party booze. the rum went first, then scotch, then strange beers where the label had come off, then bermuda gold then finally the random liqueurs. none of us had tried gold before but found it palateable. we had no ice or mixer (we call it chaser, even though you mix it with the drink) so it had to go bareback. a bit sweet for my taste but any port in a storm. thumping headache the next day.

i can't think of anyone who drinks it off the top of my head. after spending many hours perched on barstools in many licensed and unlicensed establishments i can't think of one occasion where i've heard someone say "bermuda gold please. two doubles in the same glass" it is used more as an ingredient in other drinks rather than the backbone in its own drink. a bunch of years ago me and a couple mates were having a particularly slow income period, forcing us to consume left over party booze. the rum went first, then scotch, then strange beers where the label had come off, then bermuda gold then finally the random liqueurs. none of us had tried gold before but found it palateable. we had no ice or mixer (we call it chaser, even though you mix it with the drink) so it had to go bareback. a bit sweet for my taste but any port in a storm. thumping headache the next day.

Ow, my head hurts just reading that menu. It brings back "fond" memories of my college days at UMASS. I know that I always regretted mixing beer and hard liquor, always paying the price the next day. But it was hard saying no when offered a smorgosbord of free liquor. I know better now, just one kind and moderately. Well I try anyway. I just wonder if you could use the Bermuda gold in the Swizzle Inn rum swizzle recipe rather than the Falerium, which is very sweet. I used to be a bartender after college and we all loved to experiment with substitutions after closing.

I just wonder if you could use the Bermuda gold in the Swizzle Inn rum swizzle recipe rather than the Falerium, which is very sweet. I used to be a bartender after college and we all loved to experiment with substitutions after closing.

the ssp, or swizzle secret police are not a very effective policing agency.

hey bdaguy !!!

as long as we are talking booze..:D --I plan on buying a bottle of rum while there (though last time I had rum --was about 25 years ago when I was drinking it (on the rocks) to celebrate/forget a big birthday-(had a wee too much:rolleyes: )-but don't know the local favorites--would ya mind posting a tiny list of "worth buying" --:confused:

thanks as always

jaja

hey bdaguy !!!

as long as we are talking booze..:D --I plan on buying a bottle of rum while there (though last time I had rum --was about 25 years ago when I was drinking it (on the rocks) to celebrate/forget a big birthday-(had a wee too much:rolleyes: )-but don't know the local favorites--would ya mind posting a tiny list of "worth buying" --:confused:

thanks as always

jaja

gosling's old rum for definite. most of you all in the US are getting ready for a long and inhospitable winter and this is the perfect stuff to warm you from the inside out. forget the brandy until the rum runs out or get enough rum to get you through. for those of you who know your way around a kitchen should get the black seal over proof rum. it's 151 proof and perfect for flambe recipes. if you decide to drink the one-five-one then do a pre-emptive sick call to work. we do it all the time. but be careful- the one-five-one can turn into a nine-one-one if used without adult supervision.aside from bermuda gold, those are the only two i can think of that are only available here.

take 2 aspirins and as much water as you can drink to dull tomorrow's pain

Thanks bdaguy!!!! I was checking our local liquor prices last night so I could comparison shop on the ship and in Bermuda. Does Bermuda have a Rum Cream? When my brother got married in Jamaica, my parents brought back a rum cream and the bottle was used to toast the birth of my nephew earlier this year. I was wondering if Bermuda had something comparable that I could replace it with.

gosling's old rum for definite. most of you all in the US are getting ready for a long and inhospitable winter and this is the perfect stuff to warm you from the inside out. forget the brandy until the rum runs out or get enough rum to get you through. for those of you who know your way around a kitchen should get the black seal over proof rum. it's 151 proof and perfect for flambe recipes. if you decide to drink the one-five-one then do a pre-emptive sick call to work. we do it all the time. but be careful- the one-five-one can turn into a nine-one-one if used without adult supervision.aside from bermuda gold, those are the only two i can think of that are only available here.

take 2 aspirins and as much water as you can drink to dull tomorrow's pain

ah- I think I will stick with the goslings old rum...:) glad I asked-never would have purchased a "store brand"...up here that is a kind of "no-no"-ie inferior product!!!!

thanks

jaja

The Black Seal 80 proof is enough for me. LOL I drink it with diet coke. It is cheaper than Xanax. ;)

LOL! I like it with ginger beer, preferably Barritts. It took some searching but I've been lucky to find one store here that sells Barritts, and 3 that carry Gosling's 80 proof, one also sometimes has the 151. That really does pack a punch!

:D

What is Bermuda Gold? Is it rum based, I know that we have purchased Nassau Royale on previous cruises and it is so good in egg nog. I have not found it in any liquor store here in Canada and was hoping to find it on our cruise to Bermuda. Thanks for your help Fiona

Oh man...I'm still holding like a half dozen bottles of this stuff and don't knwo what to do with it. I need some recipes!

pour it over ice - no other ingredients necessary! if not, fedex it so other desperate board members.maybe you could do some sort of cc ebay auction.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh man...I'm still holding like a half dozen bottles of this stuff and don't knwo what to do with it. I need some recipes!

We were in a pub at the Dockyard on Tuesday night and asked the bartender about Bermuda Gold. He said either pour it over ice or mix it with OJ and Bacardi Rum to make a Bermuda Triangle. He gave us a shot of Bermuda Gold to try and then we ordered Bermuda Triangles. We liked both.

We were in a pub at the Dockyard on Tuesday night and asked the bartender about Bermuda Gold. He said either pour it over ice or mix it with OJ and Bacardi Rum to make a Bermuda Triangle. He gave us a shot of Bermuda Gold to try and then we ordered Bermuda Triangles. We liked both.

Yum, yum! Sounds a little fuzzy navel-ish. We bought several bottles of the Bermuda Gold as gifts, but haven't opened the one we got for us, yet. Any idea of the proportions of Gold, rum and OJ? One shot of each? :p

• 1 year later...

Every time I visit Bermuda I buy a few 12 bottle cases. I can buy any other liquor here in states so I loas up with it. Over ice is the best. I paid somewhere around $1.35 after the first one per adult, that amount was based on $3 a bottle for 100 proof and Gold is less than 50 proof. Try it you'll like it !!

Archived