Does EVERYONE Smoke??? (don't flame me, please)

LeftatGator

All the non-smokers are asking is that they also be allowed to enjoy the cruise for which they've also paid.

Well said!

My guess is that non-smokers really don't care if you smoke on a designated open deck and are responsible for your ashes and butts.

Interior areas of the ship are another story, however, and Royal Caribbean has wisely taken the lead to address this issue.

We also have laws here that permit you from smoking on some of our beaches. Seems the smokers were not throwing those nasty little butts in their ash trays they were all over the beach:eek: And no they are not biodegradable go figure:rolleyes:

Just a technicality but, the cigarettes ARE biodegradable. Filters on the other hand I don't think are. So I guess everyone should switch to non-filtered cigarettes.

(Just to throw something new into the debate ;) )

Oh my:eek: how did we survive all of these years without the government telling us how to live our own lives and raise our children.

Although I agree that government steps in more than they should, I have to say that it's totally irresponsible, selfish and reprehensible to be in a confined space such as a car, and puffing away with your children in there, so I think that law is LONG overdue and I wish it were a law in all states.

I don't smoke but any of my friends who do are welcome to do so in my car, house, where ever they want to. I'm sorry but I think non-smokers make WAY too big of a deal about smokers. I don't buy into the whole second hand smoke thing either. There are too many other factors in our world that can be linked to cancer for anyone to be able to link someones cancer to only second hand smoke. Not a debate I wish to get into, just my opinion.

I'd rather be stuck in a room with a smoker than with someone who wears too much perfume or cologne. That gives me a horrible headache. There aren't any laws against that though. Maybe when our government figures out a way to tax perfume wearers there will be. ;)

I thought I told you to watch what you say if you weren't going to tell me what the heck you're talking about

It's code for "that's gay" :p But if I actaully say "that's gay" I get accused of being homophobic:rolleyes:

FTR...I don't agree w/smoke-free bars and eats. I don't agree with not smoking in the car but i do agree with not taking kids into the bars.

One thing I havent seen anyone mention is the pollution that the ship is giving off. We were on the aft and the trail of smoke from the funnel went on for miles. We also had some soot one morning. Also all you people know that smoking is allowed on the ship. If it bothers you so much and your so against it then why are you cruising. I am a very considerate smoker and only smoke where its allowed. I dont smoke in the room. I even bring my own ash tray so no cigarettes are being thrown overboard. I smoke on the balcony and have had an aft the last 3 cruises. Ive seen several comments on how the cigar bar smelled....why are you in the cigar bar if you so offended by smoke?

I smoke on the balcony and have had an aft the last 3 cruises.

Shame on you...don't you know that the smoke from your aft cabin makes a u-turn and makes a beeline for the other balcony cabins?:p

One thing I havent seen anyone mention is the pollution that the ship is giving off. We were on the aft and the trail of smoke from the funnel went on for miles. We also had some soot one morning. Also all you people know that smoking is allowed on the ship. If it bothers you so much and your so against it then why are you cruising. I am a very considerate smoker and only smoke where its allowed. I dont smoke in the room. I even bring my own ash tray so no cigarettes are being thrown overboard. I smoke on the balcony and have had an aft the last 3 cruises. Ive seen several comments on how the cigar bar smelled....why are you in the cigar bar if you so offended by smoke?

Well said!!!!!! There's nothing worse than sitting next to someone in the cigar bar who is doing the "cough, cough" thing. :mad: If you don't like it, then stay out of the smoking rooms. There are plenty of other places on the ship for the non-smokers. Is the Paradise still non-smoking? Maybe the offended can sail on her.......:D

I don't smoke but any of my friends who do are welcome to do so in my car, house, where ever they want to. I'm sorry but I think non-smokers make WAY too big of a deal about smokers. I don't buy into the whole second hand smoke thing either. There are too many other factors in our world that can be linked to cancer for anyone to be able to link someones cancer to only second hand smoke. Not a debate I wish to get into, just my opinion.

You don't make a big deal out of it for one of 2 reasons:

A) It HONESTLY doesn't physically bother you...you don't get red eyed or a sore throat or headache or mind smelling like stale tobacco after being confined in a car with people who smoke...or

B) You're just not able to voice your discontent to people so you let it go.

Now, if perfume bothers you so much, would you put up with people bathed in it to ride in your car every day? If the answere is yes, then I assume that your answer to the above would be B...

I don't prohibit people from smoking in my home or my car just to be a b*tch. I don't like it and I'll be darned if I'm going to have that odor in my furniture/drapes or car upholstery just to be kind to someone with this habit....I outgrew being passive quite a while ago. Mostly all my family (other than DH and kids) smoke...when I visit them, for the most part, all I can think about is getting home and into the shower.

Archived