Wine and Dine

jerseygirl3

We will be sailing on the Freedom of the Seas next month. I pre-ordered (via phone) the Wine and Dine Program. We ordered the Diamond Level package for 7 bottles. When I asked how we go about getting our wine when we board, I was told we go to the Wine and Dine desk outside the dining room when we board the ship. No problem there, but when I inquired as to whether we make our selections each night, I was told no, we have to make all our selections when we board for the entire week. That means I have to decide at that time which ever wine I want for the entire week? That doesn't make sense to me. How do I know what I'll be eating on, say, Wedneday evening in order to know how to pair that night's wine to that dinner? When we did a wine package before on Royal Caribbean, we were given the menu of choices each night and we made our selection. Is the information I was told correct and we have to select all our bottles at the beginning of our cruise. I'm not sure how many reds and how many whites I may want as the week progresses. I'm hoping the information I was given is incorrect.

• 1 month later...

It used to be that you could only order the Wine & Dine on the first day of the cruise, but now you can buy it throughout the cruise. And you select your wines as you go.

If you like the wines on the list and you order the most expensive ones, you will basically be getting one free bottle in each package. If you drink the lower-priced wines (you can find most of them on the Wine Cellar list on the RCI website), then you won't be saving any money. Be especially mindful if you order the Platinum or Diamond packages, because they simply add a few higher priced bottles to the Gold list. DH likes a couple of the whites on the Gold list, so we get a 5-bottle package and I get most of my reds by the bottle.

We pre-ordered a Wine and Dine package for our recent Voyager cruise (we just returned a week ago today :(). We did not have to do anything to receive the package. Our waiter knew we had it the first night at dinner and we chose our wine each evening. (I did bring my confirmation email just in case there was a problem but it wasn't needed.)

Sounds like you were given misinformation. Imagine that from an RCCL CS rep. :rolleyes: :p ;)

Archived