Parking at JFK

sns1

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to park around JFK that won't break the bank? We will be parking our car there for 11 days. We are coming from CT. Flights out of Bradley were just too high for us.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

http://www.buyreservations.com/AHR%20-%20JFK%20hotel%20choices/0%20-%20JFK%20%20hotel%20choices.htm

JFK hotels with "free" parking. None is under $200(yes I know they say $198 but that is before taxes which will run at least $20.00)...and you will have to eat dinner and breakfast(although some have free breakfast).....but of course its your choice....

I personally get a much better night sleep at home and almost all European departures leave in the evening...

true....but, when we used it (long story..usually we take the airporter) getting a park n fly was cheaper than the parking....we found a diner for dinner (with a parking lot for 3 cars that just BEGS for fender benders..there were 3 when we were there!)......breakfast at the hotel stank.....overall eating selections are minimal...but you are closer than us!

next time...airporter.....they can't drive for anything, but THEY drive, not me....i think you have to shut your eyes and gun it coming off whtever bridge it is with the big curve at the end!

....I think you have to shut your eyes and gun it coming off whtever bridge it is with the big curve at the end!

I always knew that is how they teach to drive in NJ :).....I even drive sometimes to Phily to that airport. the parking is much cheaper there and sometimes so are the flights....

lol :D

i only select JFK if flight price + transportation + PITA factor = less than anyplace else....and when i got RT to SJU for $168, and figured in the $100 total for shuttle for 2 from home-ish to the a/p (rt) it wound up still less than half of anyplace else..

and for the record, i keep my eyes OPEN!! all joisey drivers aren't THAT bad...you people in NY don't know what that stick thing is on the left side of the steering wheel!! [tounge firmly in cheek]

:D:D:D:D:D

We live on Long Island and use the Airtrain from Jamaica RR Sta. (The E, J and Z subway lines also stop at the lower level here). It takes approx. 12 minutes from Jamaica to your terminal for $5. One drawback is schlepping the bags. If you pack light, it's the answer for many people. We have saved hundreds of dollars and have gotten home faster via the Airtrain/Long Island Railroad combo than if we drove. I don't think it's practical for you unless you have a place to leave your car.

Happy Landings

We decided to book one of the hotels by the airport. We booked the Days Inn and we will stay one night. We can leave the car there while we are away. It's still much cheaper than flying out of Bradley. It's took bad because we live so close to Bradley but can't fly out of there because of the cost.

We decided to book one of the hotels by the airport. We booked the Days Inn and we will stay one night. We can leave the car there while we are away. It's still much cheaper than flying out of Bradley. It's took bad because we live so close to Bradley but can't fly out of there because of the cost.
]

You are welcome :)

• 4 months later...

I thought I would post my experience, since I posted the original question. We live in CT and booked our flight out of JFK. Bradley was more than double the price of JFK.

I originally booked the Day Inn at JFK. They told me that they offered free parking if we stayed one night. Perfect. I booked the hotel in September 2007 for February 2008. In January of this year, I confirmed our reservation and was told that they did not offer parking in January and February, the rest of the year they did. We couldn't even pay for the parking if we wanted to.

We ended up booking with the Doubletree at JFK. They didn't have free parking but we could leave the car at their property for a fee. We did think about just driving to JFK the day of the flight but we didn't want to chance having any problems or snow. We also considered going by CT Limo but we really wanted to be at JFK the day before the flight. (we hate to chance things)

The drive down to JFK was great. No problems and we stopped along the way to eat and took our time. We stayed at the hotel that evening and had dinner. Not the best food but it was ok. The menu at the restaurant is the same menu as room service. Food and price is the same. We took the FREE shuttle to JFK the next morning and they dropped us off at the Delta door.

Our return trip was not so great. We called for the FREE shuttle when we had all our bags and we were told by Doubletree that they don't pick up at the Delta door unless we were staying the night. They did offer a FREE shuttle but we had to walk quite a ways, take the airtrain, walk quite a ways again and then stand outside (in the cold) and they would pick us up. We didn't know how far we had to walk and what a production this would be at the time of the phone call to Doubletree. If we had known, we would have taken a taxi.

Our drive back to CT was mostly in the dark, in rush hour traffic (we knew this would happen when we decided to book JFK), and we were tired. The drive was 3 hours.

Would we do this again????? No. We tried to save money but in the end, we saved about $100 total. It wasn't worth the aggravation. We would have saved us more money if we stayed at the original hotel (Days Inn) but Doubletree was more expensive.

Did this ruin our vacation...........NO WAY!!!!!!!! We just learned that saving money doesn't always mean the best way to go.

I thought I would post my experience, since I posted the original question. We live in CT and booked our flight out of JFK. Bradley was more than double the price of JFK.

I originally booked the Day Inn at JFK. They told me that they offered free parking if we stayed one night. Perfect. I booked the hotel in September 2007 for February 2008. In January of this year, I confirmed our reservation and was told that they did not offer parking in January and February, the rest of the year they did. We couldn't even pay for the parking if we wanted to.

We ended up booking with the Doubletree at JFK. They didn't have free parking but we could leave the car at their property for a fee. We did think about just driving to JFK the day of the flight but we didn't want to chance having any problems or snow. We also considered going by CT Limo but we really wanted to be at JFK the day before the flight. (we hate to chance things)

The drive down to JFK was great. No problems and we stopped along the way to eat and took our time. We stayed at the hotel that evening and had dinner. Not the best food but it was ok. The menu at the restaurant is the same menu as room service. Food and price is the same. We took the FREE shuttle to JFK the next morning and they dropped us off at the Delta door.

Our return trip was not so great. We called for the FREE shuttle when we had all our bags and we were told by Doubletree that they don't pick up at the Delta door unless we were staying the night. They did offer a FREE shuttle but we had to walk quite a ways, take the airtrain, walk quite a ways again and then stand outside (in the cold) and they would pick us up. We didn't know how far we had to walk and what a production this would be at the time of the phone call to Doubletree. If we had known, we would have taken a taxi.

Our drive back to CT was mostly in the dark, in rush hour traffic (we knew this would happen when we decided to book JFK), and we were tired. The drive was 3 hours.

Would we do this again????? No. We tried to save money but in the end, we saved about $100 total. It wasn't worth the aggravation. We would have saved us more money if we stayed at the original hotel (Days Inn) but Doubletree was more expensive.

Did this ruin our vacation...........NO WAY!!!!!!!! We just learned that saving money doesn't always mean the best way to go.

Archived