Island Princess, please give view on what Category Cabin is better, AA, AB, AC, AD

Jimbo

Sailed on the Island in cabin A503. Mini on the Aloha deck - Cat AD. Cabin was midship on end of bumpout section.. Balcony is small, but didn't matter to us at all. It is 3/4 covered and there is no open deck above so no one can look down on you. Loved the location...so much so we have booked the same cabin on the Coral -- just across the hall.

Thanks for your reply.........Can the people from the Balcony of A505 look onto your balcony? Any noise from above from the Lido Deck ?

Jimbo:)

JIMBO -Not from 505. The end balconies 0f the bumpouts have plexiglass wraparound railings. the folks in cabins from 501 and 502 can see you on your balcony, but CANNOT see into your cabin...those cabins are recessed from the bumpout cabins. We did not find it intrusive at all. These cabins on the Aloha deck are under the Lotus pool and we did no hear anything from above

STELLA - I think that the cabin you have just might be fully covered on tge Caribe deck by the balcony above you. the aloha deck does not have cabins or an open deck above, thus only 3/4 covered. you will love the cabin.

please excue my typing...i fractred my shoulder, so i'm doing hunt and peck with one hand. hope i helped.

Jimbo:

Are you lost??LOL!

We are new to Princess as well after 7 RC cruises.....what I have learned is there is no difference INSIDE the AA, AB, AC, or AD mini suites......all the same size.......main difference is location and balcony........

We have chosen an AD mini suite on the Emerald deck of the Caribbean Princess because these mini suites are the only ones that are completely covered.

Others will have to help you and me both as we learn about Princess and the mini suites.......

Welcome to Princess

I think you will find these boards much more civil...............:rolleyes:

Jim

Jim........

Don't confuse me anymore then I already am..........I don't think the Caribbean Princess is like the Island Princess..........because there isn't any Mini Suites(AD) on the Emerald Deck as far as I know. LOL Also where are the aft cabins? Who built this ship? What were they thinking? no aft cabins? Palin and simple that's crazy?:eek:

Jimbo:)

JImbo:

I am so sorry...............:confused: ......guess this is one time the speed reading class failed me! LOL!..........you have to read the WHOLE THREAD!.........

Anyway, welcome to Princess...........

(I'll still tell you about the Emerald deck in 2 months! LOL!)

Jim

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Does anyone know if the aft mini-suites on the Caribe deck (C705 - C728) have covered or uncovered balconies?

Thanks

Island Princess 5 Feb 2006

We were on Caribe deck on the sister ship Coral Princess. The balconies are about 1/4 covered and the rest open. They are very nice size. Larger than most other ones. we really enjoyed it.

Not sure if i'd pay that much more $ for a balcony though. Once we left Cabo, the weather was very cool. I'd say 9 days out of our 19 we really didn't use the balcony. Could have used the difference on the ship:rolleyes:

In fact we've booked the Island to Hawaii next April and have decided on a outside window instead. It will be very cool going across the pacific.

• 6 months later...

Archived