Did we get a good upgrade?

Infrequentcruisers

:confused: Just got our stateroom assignment today. We originally booked a SZ Superior Verandah Suite on the ms Zuiderdam for the upcoming repositioning cruise out of Vancouver on Sep 29. We are assigned a SS Superior Verandah Suite midships, port side on the Navigation Deck. It looks like we are under the Lido Pool, will this be a bad thing or not. Does anyone know if the Upgrade Fairy did us a favor? Thanks for any info. We leave in about 32 hours for Vancouver.

Infrequent Cruisers:confused:

If you are right under the lido pool area, then you will have some early morning noise. There will be lots of scooting of chairs, loungers and tables as the deck hands get everything tidied up for the day. We were in a similar location once, so I speak from experience.

I can't speak to the noise in an SS under the Lido, although that sounds possible.

But I'm told that on a west-east transit, port side is the better view ...

Bon Voyage....we'll be boarding in LA on Oct 3.....

Have been below the Lido Deck (not on a Vista) and never bothered much by morning chair moves. What bothered us a bunch was late night foot traffic (midnight or so) from above, ping pong games at 2 am and the like. We were in an S and at midnight longed for the quiet of a K on the Main Deck. I know, they probably would have accomodated such a request.

YMMV

Gary

I had a SS suite on my last cruise on the westerdam. it was very nice

a good size balcony, plenty of room to have your breakfast outside in the morning. double sink in the bathroom and a king sike bed.

it is a great up grade

BON VOYAGE!!!

Archived