Coffee Cards?

MRS TIGGYWINKLE

It looks like a 'Playing Card', it was called the "Jack of Java" of our last sailing. It has, if I remember correctly, 15 punches....good for 15 specialty coffees. It's also good for unlimited FREE brewed coffee, not the concentrate coffee served everywhere else on the ship :D

The unused punches CAN be used on a following cruise.

You can buy it at the Coffee Bar or any of the Bars and I'm sure they will be MORE than happy to sell you as many as you like ;) They are available throughout the cruise!

You can also ask you waiter and they will be more then happy to sell you one as well at any point during the cruise.

I think the waiters get something for the sale of a coffee card, if you love the waiter that you have, get it from him. If you have a bartender that you like, ditto. I love the coffee card and never have a punch left after a cruise. I don't drink soda, but I love coffee and other stuff.

Many Thanks Evryone. Anyone Know The Current Cost Of These Please?
It's around $24 + 15% or $27 and change. Good for 15 specialty drinks (espresso, latte, hot chocolate) plus unlimited drip filter coffee and premium teas.

I never use mine up, but keep them from cruise to cruise.

Cheers,

Mike

It's around $24 + 15% or $27 and change. Good for 15 specialty drinks (espresso, latte, hot chocolate) plus unlimited drip filter coffee and premium teas.

I never use mine up, but keep them from cruise to cruise.

Cheers,

Mike

This may be a dumb or obvious question but can you use it for Iced Coffee?

Can you use the card in the dining room or Horizon to get a decent cup of coffee or do you have to use it at the coffee bar?

We have used ours in the dining room and at other bars around the ship. I am not sure, but think it can not be used in the Horizon, wish it was.

sue

If you make friends with the "Bartender" in the expresso cafe you can get the iced coffee's too !! <wink> Also, if you like a particular coffee drink that is not on the menu just ask for it .. they can do most of them just like the bar menu's don't mention every drink available.

Great bargain .. and since others at our table were sailing b2b I gave mine with a few punches left to them .. the use it next cruise feature is outstanding !!

Not a dumb question, but the answer is that it is only good for hot coffee. I wish that would change before my Emerald cuise.lol

sue

Sue,

not true....I WAS told at first they didn't HAVE iced coffee, but after speaking with one of the waitresses in the (Crown) Piazza, I found out otherwise. Got a very nice iced drink.

Mmmm...love those lattes, too.

When I got a cappuccino (sp?) a week after my cruise, they didn't put fancy schmancy hearts on the foam made out of cinnamon :( Man I wish I was back on that cruise.

LOVE the coffee card.

Sandi

Sue,

not true....I WAS told at first they didn't HAVE iced coffee, but after speaking with one of the waitresses in the (Crown) Piazza, I found out otherwise. Got a very nice iced drink.

Mmmm...love those lattes, too.

When I got a cappuccino (sp?) a week after my cruise, they didn't put fancy schmancy hearts on the foam made out of cinnamon :( Man I wish I was back on that cruise.

LOVE the coffee card.

Sandi

Thanks, I will have to see if I can get an iced mocca or other fancy coffee using our coffee card. It would really hit the spot after a hot day ashore.lol

sue

Thanks for the iced coffee responces...I cant see why you wouldnt be able to...My father really likes Iced coffee better and I was trying to decide whether the card would be worth...Ill ask on board...then I'll ask someone else, until I get the answer I want. :)

two questions re coffee--and the card. can the coffee card be used at any venue ie dining room, any of the bars or is there only one place this fresh brewed coffee can be obtained--using the card?

second question--and i know this has been addressed several times---but i can't remember the name of the coffee maker. a one cup coffee press type maker in which hot water is placed on the coffee grounds and then with a pressing down of a plunger (0r whatever) you have coffee. i am interested in purchasing this gismo but can't remember the name of it or where to order it thru the internet. thanks anyone who can answer these questions.

Wonderful Option :D

Buy yourself a lovely LARGE thermal cup...something really nice to look at ;) Stop by the buffet and fill it with ice and than go to the coffee bar and get your drink of choice. Once there....simply pour it in :eek:

I'm diabetic so I bring along these woderful little bottles of Starbucks sugarfree flavorings and pour a shot, or two, into the mug before leaving the cabin :p

c dog.....go to a Starbucks....they have the cute little French Press for one cup that you are talking about......adorable....and a great idea for one cup. I've been meaning to pick one up myself. Just saw it last night at my local Starbucks. "French Press"

Nymue...that is a good idea.....however.....there is a little more to iced coffee than just coffee poured over ice....it is double brewed and then added to ice ahead of time and THEN poured over ice again when served to you.....it has a different taste. I am an iced coffee addict and have had many discussions with Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts about the brewing process because I try to duplicate it at home but it is very difficult to get just right. Pouring regular coffee over ice is better than nothing but it really isn't the same.

I have a question about the coffee card, is it available on the CB? The reason I ask is because I know they don't have a coffee bar :( which really bums me out....I'll be on her in November. Can I still get specialty coffees someplace and do they have this card? Anyone get an iced on the CB?

Thanks!;)

two questions re coffee--and the card. can the coffee card be used at any venue ie dining room, any of the bars or is there only one place this fresh brewed coffee can be obtained--using the card?

second question--and i know this has been addressed several times---but i can't remember the name of the coffee maker. a one cup coffee press type maker in which hot water is placed on the coffee grounds and then with a pressing down of a plunger (0r whatever) you have coffee. i am interested in purchasing this gismo but can't remember the name of it or where to order it thru the internet. thanks anyone who can answer these questions.

Are you thinking of the aeropress? This was the coffee maker that someone posted a couple weeks ago.

Archived