least expensive way to get from FLL airport to Port of Miami?

spitz

Tri County Airport Express now known as GO Shuttle offers a shared ride shuttle service from FLL to the Port Of Miami for $18. No reservations, no advance payment, no hassle.

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "GO AIRPORT SHUTTLE" in green on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

Anyone have ideas on the least expensive way to get from the Fll airport to port of Miami such as good shuttle services etc?

I have done this and rented a car from FLL to Miami. Worked out great and at the time was cheaper than a shuttle. Maybe because we had four people.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, also depends if you are good with driving in the constant

construction and traffic of 95:eek: from FLL down to Miami....it can

be a total pain in the patootie sometimes:eek:

I am the one always driving here at home but when I am on vacation

I want to leave it to someone else;)

Tri County Airport Express now known as GO Shuttle offers a shared ride shuttle service from FLL to the Port Of Miami for $18. No reservations, no advance payment, no hassle.

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "GO AIRPORT SHUTTLE" in green on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

Hi Bequia, long time! Thanks for the post again:D I am flying into

FLL on Thursday morning, Dec 20th~but sailing out of Miami.

I am guessing this service will be going directly to the ship, correct?

They are 10 bucks less than the cruiseline transfer.

Easy to remember...GO:D

Hi Lois....On Saturdays and Sundays they run direct to the port (lot of volume). 12/20 will be here in no time.

/////////////////////

Hi,:) 12/20 is a Thursday......did I miss something?:eek:

We are going on the Radiance of the Seas and returning on Easter Sunday to Fort Lauderdale. Our flight is at 12:21 from Miami - What is the best way to get there on time - wait for a cruise line shuttle or is a cab a small fortune? Or does anyone have any other suggestions without it stopping a lot a places.

Hi Lois....On Saturdays and Sundays they run direct to the port (lot of volume). 12/20 will be here in no time.

/////////////////////

Hello Bequia,

Will they also take us from FLL to the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for that same $18 PP?

thank you.

I don't want to hi jack this thread but I have a similar question in reverse. Coming on Frequent Flyer points from Australia to Miami . It would be much better to fly into Fort Lauderdale but it can't be done. Need to go from the Miami airport to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale the day before our ship sails. Any way to do this cheaply eg shuttle? Haven't got a hotel yet but looking at Embassy Suites or Ameri Suites (now called something else).

Appreciate any help.

Sandra

It's too early for us to book since we're not going until July, but super shuttle also has a private car service, (at least that is what it looks like) which for the four of us is slightly less than $18 per person. There website asked for information, and then makes a recommendation of possibilities.

Thanks Bequia. Do you think a taxi would be more than $60 ? (there are two of us)

Thanks NCmom. It is too early for us to book as well but I'll put in the details closer to the date.

Thanks to both of you for the advice. Cheers,

Sandra

Try pricing a towncar from floridalimo.com. I have found them very reliable and not overly priced. If you HAVE to be there for a 12:20 flight.

I also have the same question. Several of us will be going for a short cruise in Miami in Feb. However, we are flying into Ft. Lauderdale two days prior and spending our time there. Then after the cruise ends, we're going from Miami back to Ft. Lauderdale. What is the recommended company? I tried Go Shuttle and it kept saying no to Port of Miami.

I just booked a stetch lmo to pick me up In Miami, post cruise for three hours, for a tour, and drop me off at FLL airport, and it was $200 for everything. If you wanted Pier to Airport direct it was $100. A little more than a cab, but a private limo, and they will be waiting for you

• Administrators
Try pricing a towncar from floridalimo.com. I have found them very reliable and not overly priced. If you HAVE to be there for a 12:20 flight.

floridalimo.com aka Tri County Express aka GO Shuttle

We did a ton of research, (cars, vans and limos) - and ended up booking a van with top shuttle at $85.00 for 4 people - one way from FLL to Holiday Inn Port of Miami, and then $85.00 from Port of Miami back to FLL.

Have a great cruise!:)

Kim.

My husband and I are flying into FLL on December 7 for a cruise out of the Miami Port on December 8. We haven't decided which hotel to use yet, nor transportation logistics.

Is anybody else traveling that same time that might be interested in sharing a van or a limo or something? Maybe we could book at the same hotel (separate rooms of course:eek: ).

Anyway, with so many people going to the same place...carpooling just makes sense to me! :)

Donna

We just booked a car service, A2Z limo service out of FLL to take us from our flight to Miami Beach, as we are in a few days before our cruise in January and it was quite reasonable. Certainly not alot more than a shuttle and private service waiting for us when we get there. I like not having to wait after a LONG day of travelling.

Browniegirl:D

We did a ton of research' date=' (cars, vans and limos) - and ended up booking a van with top shuttle at $85.00 for 4 people - one way from FLL to Holiday Inn Port of Miami, and then $85.00 from Port of Miami back to FLL.

Have a great cruise!:)

Kim.[/quote']

Kim - is it a walkable distance from the HI to the port or do they offer a shuttle?

Thanks for the info!

Kim - is it a walkable distance from the HI to the port or do they offer a shuttle?

Thanks for the info!

Hi, downtown Miami is a busy, busy area...I would not walk

to the Port from the hotel.

And in my opinion, no, its not close enough to walk.

Archived