Booking while onboard,expierenced help needed!

red47

I am booked on an OcT.14 2007 cruise on AOS. I am a C&A member also a Stockholder. I want to book a cruise for next Oct.2008 on the ExOS for 9 days. I will need 2 cabins connecting (GS & GS or OS & JS) My questions are:

1. What is the best way to do this to get the maximum OBC.

2. Should I book one room in my name & one in my DH ( $100.00 ea ) or use my DD name on one( as this will be for her family)

3. Or should I make a regular reservation, pay dep. since I know what I want? then transfer to a TA.

I know there are many CC"s out there who know the ropes, so please help me make the best move. Thanks

I am booked on an OcT.14 2007 cruise on AOS. I am a C&A member also a Stockholder. I want to book a cruise for next Oct.2008 on the ExOS for 9 days. I will need 2 cabins connecting (GS & GS or OS & JS) My questions are:

When you book on board for the next cruise, each cabin that you book will get the OBC.

2. Should I book one room in my name & one in my DH ( $100.00 ea ) or use my DD name on one( as this will be for her family)
If you hold the stock in joint names, you *may* be able to get the stockholder OBC on both cabins if your husband's name is on one reservation and your name is on the other.

3. Or should I make a regular reservation, pay dep. since I know what I want? then transfer to a TA.
Since you know what you want, book that cruise. They can put your TA's name on it if you like, or you can transfer it later. One caution: If the cruise you are ON was booked through a TA, and this is NOT the TA you want the new cruise to be with, BE SURE TO EMPHASIZE THAT TO THE Loyalty Ambassador, or it will default to that agency.

The only way to get "more" discounts on the reservation is if you are Platinum or above in the Crown & Anchor Society. If you are, then definitely put yourself in one cabin and your husband in the other.

You will definitely get the most credits by booking on board, but we were told when we last booked two cabins while on board, that the cabin has to be in the name of the person that will actually be in there. They don't have to be with you at the time of the booking, and yes they do get the on-board credit for the booking, but I don't think you can get the stockholder credit unless you have two 100 stock certificates, one in each name. I could be wrong, maybe someone else has come across this and can help.:)

Also if the other party is a platinum, or diamond they can have that discount as well :)

Hope this helps.....good luck on your cruise we will be on AOS on the 21st.:D

first off, we are on your cruise, but have not seen you on the roll call board. were have you been hiding?? jk

to answer your question, we have booked on baord a few times and it is pretty simple.

best way to maximize credits is to book on board. that will give you on board credit. your stock will give you moe, and if you are plat you will get even MORE credits. after the cruise you can always transfer to a ta for whatever credits they are offering.

if you and your wife are ca members, book two rooms on board, one you.one her. that will give you more OBC

i would skip this option

Booking the way you are asking will not give you more obc, BUT if both are c& A members and a coupon comes out then you will maximize the savings. If you were to book 2 cabins with both of you in one, you will only get the coupon for one cabin...but you will still get obc for both. Now as to going to a TA. I use a great TA who also gives me back OBC for booking with her. I build up about 600 plus $ each cruise on obc with using my visa to book and then cashing that in, getting obc from booking on another cruise and then having my TA book it she also gives me. SOmetimes I hit 850$ back, and this is for balcony and inside cabins.

Archived