Can you recommend a good website for airfare?

ck93

qixo.com is another good one.

Just realize that most of the search engine websites do not include airlines like Southwest and some other discount airlines. I always search those websites independently.

Thanks to you too!! I'll check that one and SW's too... just got to make sure DH dresses appropriately for SW:o

This info has helped me as well! I have never booked a flight! We are flying to San juan in Dec 08. There is a non stop from houston. Any tips about booking or airport do's and don'ts would be appreciated! Upon arriving in SJU, so we have to go through any screening process?

Definitely try to get a non-stop flight as there is less likelihood that your luggage won't make it. SJU is part of the US so you don't have to go through customs or anything. Definitely go in at least the day before, not only will you be safe for any delays but you get to see a beautiful island.

Southwest does not fly internationally.

No matter which web site you use, there are two things to remember: 1 - Southwest, Jet Blue and other discounters do not generally show up at the comparison sites and never at the big travel web sites. You have to check these on your own. 2 - after you have found the lowest price at one of the comparison web sites, go directly to the airline's own site and see if you can find it there. It is always best to book direct with the airline. There are no additional booking fees, and if you have changes or problems, you can deal directly with the airline. More than once I booked through Orbitz and went through h*ll trying to fix something because I could not deal directly with the airline.

Archived