Upgrades at Pier

Denisern2

in fll for our dec 13 cruise on nos - at checkin i asked if it was possible for us to upgrade- the rep said to ask onboard after we had set sail- i asked what about the pier co ordinator and he looked at me like he had no clue what i was talking about- we just said never mind as we were too excited about boarding the nos to fool with it but i did want to ask to see what they would say - :) - we were very happy with our e2 mid hump balcony :)

Contrary to what some posters keep saying, unless it's changed recently, there is a standard price for upgrading at the pier, these are for 7 night cruises:

From an inside to:

RoyalSuite - $1500

Suite - $1000

Balcony - $600

Outside - $300

Inside - $100

From Outside to:

Royal Suite - $1200

Suite - $700

Balcony - $300

Outside - $100

From Balcony to:

Royal Suite - $1000

Suite - $400

Balcony - $100

From Suite to:

Royal Suite - $800

Suite - $400

This is the total cost per cabin. If you upgrade from a D1 to a JS you would pay $400 total.

If you check 2 or 3 days ahead of boarding by going thru the reservation process, you can see if there are any cabins available that you might be interested in.

How do you find those prices out?

How do you find those prices out?

I posted this when I upgraded On the Voyager in May 2003. I received my Sea Pass at the Check In counter, and then walked over to the Pier Coordinators Desk. . . .

They had this info typed on a Letter head, and I borrowed a copy, then Upgraded to an OS for 400.00

Radio

;) ;)

From an inside to:

RoyalSuite - $1500

Suite - $1000

Balcony - $600

Outside - $300

Inside - $100

From Outside to:

Royal Suite - $1200

Suite - $700

Balcony - $300

Outside - $100

From Balcony to:

Royal Suite - $1000

Suite - $400

Balcony - $100

From Suite to:

Royal Suite - $800

Suite - $400

JJJ - WN are my widdle and last initials. Nothing interesting.

The $400 was to any suite- JS, GS, OS.

We upgraded from a SO to a JS on a Sovereign 4 night for $200 total in September 06. That's the last time we've upgraded.

Contrary to what some posters keep saying, unless it's changed recently, there is a standard price for upgrading at the pier, these are for 7 night cruises:

From an inside to:

RoyalSuite - $1500

Suite - $1000

Balcony - $600

Outside - $300

Inside - $100

From Outside to:

Royal Suite - $1200

Suite - $700

Balcony - $300

Outside - $100

From Balcony to:

Royal Suite - $1000

Suite - $400

Balcony - $100

From Suite to:

Royal Suite - $800

Suite - $400

This is the total cost per cabin. If you upgrade from a D1 to a JS you would pay $400 total.

If you check 2 or 3 days ahead of boarding by going thru the reservation process, you can see if there are any cabins available that you might be interested in.

So no free upgrades ever??? Even if we beg???

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, let me ask a question. My husband and I are on the MOS in May and have cabin 1694, an aft JS. We thought about going with a higher cabin (its our 10th anniversary, so we are splurging a bit), but booking just a GS would cost us $1600 more. I also like the idea of having an aft cabin, I don't mind the walk or the rocking. My question is, would the perks of upgrading (at the pier if one is available) to an OS for $400 be worth me loosing my aft cabin view? The OS is absolutely beautiful and I know that there are lots of perks with it, just wondering what some opinions are... Thanks.

We are diamond members on RCI and Elite on Celebrity...never been upgraded.We did sail on the Explorer in Nov 06..9 days out of Bayonne. We had booked an inside at the last minute. We like the Promenade cabins but the price difference was about 200.00 per person higher. We were set on a "bargain" cruise so we didnt want to spend the extra. When we got to the pier we checked in then asked about possible upgrade. They sent us to the Pier Coordinater....she booked us in a Promenade for 25.00 per person. Good deal!!....we then went to our original cabin...our luggage was outside and our cabin steward was there...we advised him of the change..he insisted on having our luggage tranferred....worked out real well.

Okay, let me ask a question. My husband and I are on the MOS in May and have cabin 1694, an aft JS. We thought about going with a higher cabin (its our 10th anniversary, so we are splurging a bit), but booking just a GS would cost us $1600 more. I also like the idea of having an aft cabin, I don't mind the walk or the rocking. My question is, would the perks of upgrading (at the pier if one is available) to an OS for $400 be worth me loosing my aft cabin view? The OS is absolutely beautiful and I know that there are lots of perks with it, just wondering what some opinions are... Thanks.
Depends on you...do YOU think the extra room and the perks(inc the concierge lounge) that go with it are worth it?? You have to decide........to me,yea,I would do it.....the OS one the MA is very nice..........wanna see??:p 2577394340042692775ToGjkK_th.jpg <----CLICK ON THE PIC

We are diamond members on RCI and Elite on Celebrity...never been upgraded.We did sail on the Explorer in Nov 06..9 days out of Bayonne. We had booked an inside at the last minute. We like the Promenade cabins but the price difference was about 200.00 per person higher. We were set on a "bargain" cruise so we didnt want to spend the extra. When we got to the pier we checked in then asked about possible upgrade. They sent us to the Pier Coordinater....she booked us in a Promenade for 25.00 per person. Good deal!!....we then went to our original cabin...our luggage was outside and our cabin steward was there...we advised him of the change..he insisted on having our luggage tranferred....worked out real well.
Good to know pier upgrades are alive and well.......:D

Does anyone know the price to upgrade on a 4 night cruise from an inside to a suite? Thanks!

Im not so sure I have ever seen a 4 night price list,but seeing as I have a 4 nighter coming up,I'd like to know too.........

We recently returned from the 13-night sailing of the Mediterranean, mid-Nov early-Dec. We are Diamond members but we had never before inquired about an upgrade. We got to pier (near Rome, Italy) before noon and asked to see the pier coordinator before we checked in. We had a D1 balcony booked, but we were able to upgrade to an Owner's Suite for a total of $540 (total, not per person.) The only hitch was our luggage, which was missing for a few hours. When it didn't arrive by mid-afternoon, we found the housekeeping supervisor on our floor. She took us to our original room, and sure enough, there was our luggage. The OS had about 530 sq feet plus the 112 sq foot balcony, and it was the icing on the cake for a wonderful cruise!

We recently returned from the 13-night sailing of the Mediterranean, mid-Nov early-Dec. We are Diamond members but we had never before inquired about an upgrade. We got to pier (near Rome, Italy) before noon and asked to see the pier coordinator before we checked in. We had a D1 balcony booked, but we were able to upgrade to an Owner's Suite for a total of $540 (total, not per person.) The only hitch was our luggage, which was missing for a few hours. When it didn't arrive by mid-afternoon, we found the housekeeping supervisor on our floor. She took us to our original room, and sure enough, there was our luggage. The OS had about 530 sq feet plus the 112 sq foot balcony, and it was the icing on the cake for a wonderful cruise!

Good deal on that upgrade!!Bet you enjoyed it..:)

To "Judie43": Apparently there are two of us with similar screen names. I am the "Judie" that just came back from the 13-night Med cruise with the upgrade from D1 to OS. Yes, it sure did add to the enjoyment of the cruise, but every cruise we have had was wonderful beyond measure!

To "Judie43": Apparently there are two of us with similar screen names. I am the "Judie" that just came back from the 13-night Med cruise with the upgrade from D1 to OS. Yes, it sure did add to the enjoyment of the cruise, but every cruise we have had was wonderful beyond measure!

Judie,What can I say other than Duh!!

I'm trying to think when we last were able to get a pier upgrade. I think that it was in 2003, when we were in Honolulu. We were able to upgrade from a D1 to and OS for $400 for the cabin........for 11 nights.

We have been visited by the upgrade fairy a couple of times....but other than that one time.........we have never been able to upgrade at the pier.

Rick

Still a little confused here. Seems most "purchased" upgrades at pier were in "03". Can you still pay the extra with the Pier Coordinator to upgrade when you get to the Pier??

Radio, I'm doing the same LOS cruise in two weeks that you just returned from -(GREAT review by the way!!). Do you know if they were available on your cruise??

Archived