Upgrades at Pier

Denisern2

Does RCCL do upgrades for a fee at the Pier? I know that we have purchased upgrades on Celebrity. Princess does not do them. I am just curious we leave in two weeks. Cabins still avail but no sales as of yet. I am fine with the cabin I have but hey I never turn down a deal. Thanks

Contrary to what some posters keep saying, unless it's changed recently, there is a standard price for upgrading at the pier, these are for 7 night cruises:

From an inside to:

RoyalSuite - $1500

Suite - $1000

Balcony - $600

Outside - $300

Inside - $100

From Outside to:

Royal Suite - $1200

Suite - $700

Balcony - $300

Outside - $100

From Balcony to:

Royal Suite - $1000

Suite - $400

Balcony - $100

From Suite to:

Royal Suite - $800

Suite - $400

This is the total cost per cabin. If you upgrade from a D1 to a JS you would pay $400 total.

If you check 2 or 3 days ahead of boarding by going thru the reservation process, you can see if there are any cabins available that you might be interested in.

Contrary to what some posters keep saying, unless it's changed recently, there is a standard price for upgrading at the pier, these are for 7 night cruises:

You are right Paul. . . That was the price list that I posted after my U/G on Explorer in 2001. The pricing was the same in April 2007 for an 8nt Jewel of the Seas Caribbean.

I will check next month when I am on Explorer again (7night)

The prices are ONLY good while in the Terminal. . . . Once you are on the ship it it handled by the On Board Revenue Dept.

Radio

:rolleyes:

Radio

From an inside to:

RoyalSuite - $1500

Suite - $1000

Balcony - $600

Outside - $300

Inside - $100

From Outside to:

Royal Suite - $1200

Suite - $700

Balcony - $300

Outside - $100

From Balcony to:

Royal Suite - $1000

Suite - $400

Balcony - $100

From Suite to:

Royal Suite - $800

Suite - $400

This is the total cost per cabin. If you upgrade from a D1 to a JS you would pay $400 total.

If you check 2 or 3 days ahead of boarding by going thru the reservation process, you can see if there are any cabins available that you might be interested in.

Ok, so now I am confused, why when I inquired at the desk last month in Alaska for the Serenade if my kids could move from the inside to a balcony was I given the current price of 2200$ per person and the price I paid for their room was 1249, per person was I told that it would cost 2000$ for them to move into the one D1 that was left? According to your post it should have cost 600$ total, not the 2000$ I was quoted. I would have done it for the 600$ as it was two down from ours.

Sue - Did you ask after you checked in, but before you boarded? Those prices are only good before you board. There is a person in the checkin area that was called the pier coordinator. It might be something different now. It was last year when I upgraded from a SO to a JS on a 4 night Sovereign for $200 total. But, I don't remember their title.

We've also upgraded from a D1 to a JS twice for the $400.

As far as I know, Customer Service on board will charge you the full difference.

Sue - Did you ask after you checked in, but before you boarded? Those prices are only good before you board. There is a person in the checkin area that was called the pier coordinator. It might be something different now. It was last year when I upgraded from a SO to a JS on a 4 night Sovereign for $200 total. But, I don't remember their title.

We've also upgraded from a D1 to a JS twice for the $400.

As far as I know, Customer Service on board will charge you the full difference.

It was in the terminal at the desk the check-in person sent us to BEFORE we boarded I believe the title was pier coordinator. We were practically the first people to check-in so we figured it was worth it to ask for them to move up.

Sue - They might have changed it since last fall or the person you talked to just didn't want to be bothered. Which does happen. Sine it looks like the revenue department is getting more power, it very well could be true there's no more discounted upgrades.

Anybody have any current info?

• 2 months later...

A seperate, but related question: I booked a balcony guarantee on Voyager 1/13 and have been assigned an E1, which is fine. My TA suggested that I ask on board about any free upgrades. Does anyone have experience with this, and would it be better to ask on board or ask at the pier?

A seperate, but related question: I booked a balcony guarantee on Voyager 1/13 and have been assigned an E1, which is fine. My TA suggested that I ask on board about any free upgrades. Does anyone have experience with this, and would it be better to ask on board or ask at the pier?

If you ask for an upgrade at the Pier or On Board. . .there will be a charge (Most Likely)

Radio

;) ;)

My wife and i booked a handicapped JS on the Jewel. We told the people at C&A that we needed a room with a stall shower. They advised us that this would fit the bill. About 2 months before we sailed I was advised that we had been upgraded to an Owners Suite. They never gave us a reason, but the most likely expanation was that as Diamond members we were considered priveleged in terms of priority and JS are very popular. In this case they had another handicapped person who wanted to book the room so they gave us the break. Good Sailing, Murf.

Free upgrades are gifts from RCCL and the upgrade fairy. If you have to ask, then you have to pay. Check online before you go, check at the pier, and then check at the purser's desk after you get on board.

Free upgrade??? Whats that??? Seems I have heard of them,but never had the pleasure..:(

Ha Ha. . . With over 50 Cruises, I have never had the pleasure of a free upgrade either.:)

Radio

;) ;)

Just out of curosity..what happens to your luggage if you upgrade at the pier?

After all there are about 4000 bags being handled at that time in the guts of the ship. How do they find yours and get it to the right cabin. Must be a nightmare!

So THAT'S how it works.

Except in the one instance where that would not have worked for me. On a previous cruise, we found our luggage in the lobby area in front of the elevators (on the correct deck). They were just sitting in the middle of the area. It was the only two bags there. Looks like the crew members responsible probably thought someone else would get "the last two bags", and no one did.

I can't believe I wasn't p****d off about it. I just saw them and said "oh well" and lugged them back to the cabin. My wife was irritated, tho' not about the bags, she was mad because it slowed us down in going to where she wanted to be.:D

Made me never want to sail with RCI again:D :D Like I cared.

From an inside to:

RoyalSuite - $1500

Suite - $1000

Balcony - $600

Outside - $300

Inside - $100

From Outside to:

Royal Suite - $1200

Suite - $700

Balcony - $300

Outside - $100

From Balcony to:

Royal Suite - $1000

Suite - $400

Balcony - $100

From Suite to:

Royal Suite - $800

Suite - $400

Paul,

Where does a Junior Suite fit in to the chart as a starting point? Would it be 400 to upgrade to a Grand Suite or Owners Suite?

Steve

ps

Does the WN in your name represent Southwest Airlines??

Archived