Navigator 12/27 sailing

PaulaJK

Anyone else from CC going to be on board this

New Year's cruise?

I just reviewed our itinerary & learned that we were

staying overnight in Cozumel. I suppose that this gives

extra time for anyone visiting the ruins, but otherwise,

we always find this a rather uninteresting port.

We are on this cruise, as we were on the New Years Navigator last year. Will have wife and 20 year old daughter in tow. Really enjoyed the ship. It was full for the crusie last year to the Eastern Carib and this years Western is sold out as well.

As for the overnight in Cozemel, I am indifferent. We we planning something there, but the loss of Costa Maya is nothing. We did a Maya tour out of Costa Maya before and overall there is nothing else to do at Costa Maya. So the extra day in Cozemel does have to do much to entertian me. We will probably do spa stuff on first day and an excursion on the second day. New Years eve will be a Black and While formal evening and that was fun last time.

Hope to see you on the cruise.

TW

My husband and I are on this cruise and we are really looking forward to it especially after all of the Christmas preparations. I do both Christmas Eve and Christmas day. We are flying into FLL on the 26th and will have that evening to decompress before boarding on the 27th. I cruised the Radisson Diamond and this is our first time since on Regent.

I've been to all of these ports before except Belize and Key West so the change to 2 days in Cozumel doesn't bother me either; just will be happy to be in the warm weather.

I didn't realize that New Year's was black and white - that will be fun and I have the perfect long dress from our cruise to the Mediterrean.

This should be a wonderful trip///

• 1 month later...

Like yourselves, we entertain on both the 24th & 25th.........just thinking about all that has to be done makes me yearn for the 27th! How wise you were to go down on the 26th. We aren't coming in until the 27th... although our flight from NJ is a reasonable length. It's just always a bit un-nerving until one gets onboard...with luggage, of course.

No tickets yet. Paula

We could have done an early flight out of LGA since we are only about an hour from the airport but after all of the running around shopping etc., and it from the looks of it December is going to be a very busy month for me at work, I am glad we are going down the night before. We're having dinner with friends that night and are looking forward to it. We should be able to make our speciality restuarant reservations at the end of the week as well and then I'm sure tickets will follow soon. I'm kind of surprised that this thread hasn't had more activity - especially since this cruise is sold out. Off to the train.

Hi

This will be the 3rd trip for us on the Navigator, Yes we love it.

Portifino is great, altho it is the same every night. Portifino also has very good breakfasts.

Need help deciding on a trip to Tikal or Copan. Has any one tried either of these?

We are going to Fll. a day early. Almost missed the boat last time.

I think that's very wise, arriving a day early. We always try to do that too, and will do that two weeks from yesterday for our Voyager trip. Just heard on another board about the current Navigator cruise where something like 50 people didn't make it on at FLL because of bad weather and had to be flown to San Juan to join the ship days later.

Archived