PLEASE HELP! Trying to make hotel reservations for a group in Fort Lauderdale!

luckyjtiger

Would love some advice! We are cruising for the week of Thanksgiving and would like to stay in Fort Lauderdale the night before. There are 32 in our group. I posted the information about our group on a hotel inquiry website and received bids back from different hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area. The sales director at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale North site address below has been the most helpful.

2440 W. Cypress Creek Road

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309

Is this a good place to stay? Is it safe? Has anyone else stayed there recently? Most of us live in Central Florida and or Daytona along with a few from North Carolina and Texas. We will all be driving in the day before and we just want a place to get together before we board our cruise. We are actually celebrating my parent's 45th wedding anniversary.

Finally, if you have stayed at this location do you know anything about the breakfast in the cafe? Cost? Food choices and quality?

I really appreciate any information.:)

Thanks,

Jamie

breakfast in the courtyard cafes is generall 9-12 bucks depending on the property..typical stuff, eggs, meats, cereals, breads, juice, coffee etc...it's fine...(i stay in marriott brands all the time so i am basically tired of their food but it is fine..)

she may be able to get you a negotiated rate that includes breakfast. while i haven't stayed at that location, courtyard food is pretty much the same...

as for the area or anything like that, i haven't been there so i don't know...

not too many reviews on trip advisor...but the one from 2007 said there isn't anything around unless you have a car which won't be an issue for you.

hth

If I remember corrrectly, it is more of an industrial area than a tourist area. However, the hotel is safe...use common sense and don't go out anywhere in FLL late at night flashing lots of cash, etc. We stay at hotels on W Cypress Creek all the time...they are cheaper than those on the beach or in a touristy area.

Go to North American Homeports of the main page of the message boards, then go to "East Coast Departures"

There is a great deal of information there on Florida. Post your question there.

We just made reservations for LaQuinta Ft. Lauderdale Airport. Several reasons.

1. They have shuttle service from the airport to the hotel

2. They have shuttle service from the hotel to the port

3. They have a continental breakfast

4. They had the best rates at $134 (plus 11%) tax

I did alot of research and there are many suggestions for hotels on 17th street as there is easy access to other things to do, HOWEVER, there are charges for all the shuttle service and if you have that many folks, I think free breakfast and free shuttle would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck......also suggest joining your shipmates on the roll calls if you haven't already.

Archived