Embassy Suites FLL

wernew2cruising

Will most likely book the Embassy Suites for our post cruise stay. Would you know what the cost is for:

1. A cab from the Embassy Suites to Fort Lauderdale Int'l Airport?

2. A cab from the Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale Int'l Airport?

Thank you for your expertise.

What is the best way to get from FLL airport to the Embassy suites then to the port then after cruise back to the airport? Cab, one way car rental? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Are you staying in FLL or MIA? Embassy usually has a free airport shuttle. However, it won't take you to Miami.

The one in Miami has a shuttle service for $10pp to the Miami port.

Will most likely book the Embassy Suites for our post cruise stay. Would you know what the cost is for:

1. A cab from the Embassy Suites to Fort Lauderdale Int'l Airport?

2. A cab from the Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale Int'l Airport?

Thank you for your expertise.

1. $12-$15

2. $10- $12

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is the best way to get from FLL airport to the Embassy suites then to the port then after cruise back to the airport? Cab, one way car rental? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Here is a link to the hotel web site:

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/FLLSOES-Embassy-Suites-Fort-Lauderdale-th-Street-Florida/directions.do#localmap

You could not be any closer to the port, and the airport is only 2 miles away. Taks a cab/taxi. It is fast, easy and inexpensive.

Which port are you going to? There should be a free shuttle from the FLL airport to the FLL hotel.

The Ft Lauderdale Embassy Suites does not provide a free airport pickup shuttle.

1. $12-$15

2. $10- $12

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for all your answers. Please don't laugh at this question but..is the price you quote per person or total for the cab? I have never in my 40 something years ridden in a cab. :rolleyes: Very sheltered life in a small town.

Thanks for all your answers. Please don't laugh at this question but..is the price you quote per person or total for the cab? I have never in my 40 something years ridden in a cab. :rolleyes: Very sheltered life in a small town.

The quoted prices are for the cab.... NOT per person.

Cool..thank you. It seems really strange to me that a hotel that close to the airport would not have a free shuttle but they don't. :rolleyes: I will have to call and see if they offer a shuttle to the port.

It's weird. They have a shuttle from the hotel to the airport but not the other way around.

////////////////

We just stayed at the Embassy Suites a few weeks ago. Cab from the airport to hotel was 12.00 for four of us, dh gave him $20.00. They do not have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel but do think they have one from the hotel to the airport.

We paid $10.00 per person for transfers from the ship back to the airport when the cruise was over. We were in vans from the hotel to the ship as we were with a group and it was pre-arranged.

BTW, we really loved staying there:)

jbhcw:

Hi:

What did you like about this hotel? We're staying there this December for a pre and post night cruise stay. Did you eat there and if you did, was the food good? Rooms nice? I love to swim...did they have a nice pool?

Was it in a good location?

Please tell me all about it as I'm getting excited for a cruise that is still a couple of months away.

Thanks......Sparkle 10 (Anita);)

I didn;t stay there but popped my head in...they are renovating but they are due to be finished this month according to their website....

it is in a great location as there are many restaurants around, plus a grocery store about a block away, a huge wine/beer/liquor store (it's as big as a grocery store!), CVS, Walgreens, you can go out to 17th street and flag down the sun trolley (actually probably easier to just walk down the street to Publix and catch it there.)

i would try it for my cruise in Jan but the rates are WAAAYYYYY too much!

Sparkle 10, we were with a large group of folks from another cruise site, so that alone made the stay special, but the pool was wonderful:) They have free drinks at the Managers Reception everynight, got a Sunday paper the next day and their buffet breakfast is great, something for everyone. I really love the large open atrium concept, makes me feel like I'm already on the ship!!

We ate lunch there and it was okay, a buffet for 10.00 something I think. Dinner was not really that good, we just had appetizers.

Right behind the hotel is a Publix, and a Total Wine, and some other stores, we walked over there to make our water, soda and wine purchase. There were also several restaurants within walking distance.

Sadly we'll not be staying there in February as the cheapest rate I can get is $319.00. We had a great cheap, cheap rate with our group, and due to the fact it was September. I've got pictures if anyone would like to see them, just post your email and I'll send them to you.

I've got pictures if anyone would like to see them, just post your email and I'll send them to you.

We will be there in Dec I would love to see pictures. Are they done with the remodeling?

Thanks,

cincy vbc at aol dot com

Archived