Does the CB change to port time? or Eastern time?

vmom

I tried to do a search and am having some trouble.

I can't remember... Is the CB changes time so its the same time as what ever port they're at, or does it stick with Eastern time?

We have a private excursion scheduled in St. Marten and don't want to be late.

Sorry I know this has been asked before, but the search is not working for me when I key in words I need to.

Ship does NOT change time... they made sure to tell us many times, and also it was in the Patter... make sure that you check though... they will be telling you!

HAVE FUN!!! :D

Thanks...so therefore an excursion I signed up for (Lord Sheffield) in St. Marten that is scheduled to begin at 11:00 will actually start at 10:00 ship time (CB time)?

I really don't want to be at the dock watching while it (Lord Sheffield boat/ship) sails away.

And the CB is scheduled to sail away from St. Marten at 6:00 ship time, so that would actually be 7:00 St. Marten time?

You will have plenty of warning if there is any time change; it'll be in the Patter but you'll also find a card on your pillow telling you there's a time change. You won't miss your excursion. :) Also, pay very close attention to the information in the Patter as to what time you are due back on the ship. If the ship sails away at 6PM, you must be ONBOARD no later than 5:30PM. Make sure your excursion gets you to the dock at least an hour ahead of that, just in case you're delayed, stuck in traffic or whatever.

The ship will always change to port time. There will be a notice in the Patter the night before and our steward has always left a note on the turned down bed to remind us. If you are cruising the Caribbean between November and April you will be an hour ahead of EST, at least in the Virgin Islands and to my knowledge so should St. Maarten.

You did not say when you were going. Until we "fall" back the last Saturday in October, St. Martin is on the same time. If after, we change, but St. Martin does not.

The posters saying they will leave a card and also put it in the patter are correct.

When you get up in the morning, check the time on your phone, that is ships time for the day.....Pam please correct me if I am wrong.:)

Whether or not the ship changes time. Under one Captain, the ship may remain on eastern time during his entire tenure; then a new Captain comes aboard and suddenly he may decide to change ship's time as time zones are crossed. As others have mentioned, the only sure way to know is to read the Patters daily, or ask an officer after boarding.

You did not say when you were going. Until we "fall" back the last Saturday in October, St. Martin is on the same time. If after, we change, but St. Martin does not.

The posters saying they will leave a card and also put it in the patter are correct.

When you get up in the morning, check the time on your phone, that is ships time for the day.....Pam please correct me if I am wrong.:)

Not to confuse the issue but we are changing the clocks on Nov 4 this year. Going to save energy ya know.:)

Bill

Not to confuse the issue but we are changing the clocks on Nov 4 this year. Going to save energy ya know.:)

Bill

We're going Dec 2, 2007. I so far have been on 5 cruises, and 2 have changed to port time as we landed at each port and 3 stayed on Eastern time, so I wasn't sure about the CB this Dec.

I guess I'll just have to wait till I'm on board and see what this present captain decides to do. Is the present captain going to be on the CB this December or is there a scheduled change before then?

We will be on the CB next week and wondered about the time change also. As previously stated by other posters, Eastern Daylight Time and Caribbean Standard Time(observed in St. Marten) are the same time so no time change is necessary now. After November 4, Caribbean Time will be one hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time.

On all of our previous sailings on the CB, we had to set our clock ahead for St. Marten and St. Thomas.

Mike

Archived