Help! Please! Driver! Naples port --Pompeii, Amafi coast!

Hi!:confused: I know there are many threads but cant find the exact web site for Amafi driver. There are many sites that have similar names & want to be sure I am getting the right site that everyone seems to have great results.:p

Will be in Naples this Nov 8 with Brilliance of the Sea. Thanks!

Just want to make sure I am on the right web site since I have to book 2 vans for my CC (from roll call).

Decided to use driverinrome dot com in Livorno (Pisa & Florence). How about for Naples port--Pompeii, Amalfi coast area? Any experience.

Amalfi coast: did the drive make you feel sick? Sensitive stomache?

Thanks!:) :)

Hi! :D Have you used them before? or know of anyone? He doesn't have a web site--though??:confused:

I haven't used him, but a couple from our current roll call did and loved him and I've read tons of reviews of him on cruisecritic and never read a bad thing. Search for Salvatore and you'll find lots of info.

For Amalfi www.benvenutolimos.com They are excellent used them 2 times. Highly recomended!

We used Benvenutolimos.com last year for Florence, Rome and Amalfi Coast. We were pleased with them for the most part - good in Florence, great in Rome and okay for Amalfi Coast. I say okay only because I felt we got a bit of a sob story from our driver about what a difficult life he was having (his wife left him leaving him to raise his young son on his own, this job hardly paid for the apartment he and his son lived in, yada yada) all while driving in a very expensive-looking suit and silk tie. If he was fishing for a larger tip, it didn't work. We also felt somewhat pressured to stop at the woodworking factory (although the work they did at the wood factory was spectacular and well priced, and I finally found out how they do inlay work!) and said "no" several times to stopping at the cameo factory. That being said, the tour itself was fabulous. We had the company hire a guide for us for Pompeii who was excellent (an extra cost well worth it!) and the drive along the Amalfi Coast was beautiful. We stopped along the way to enjoy the views and take photos and we stopped in Positano for lunch. The driver asked us when he first picked us up if we were interested in having lunch "with Mama" in Positano. The cost would be 25 Euro a piece and would include 10 courses. We said yes and it was a fabulous experience. The restaurant was high up on a hill overlooking Positano with amazing views. The food was excellent and plentiful - the mozzarella was made fresh that morning - and the Lemoncello drinking (and subsequent antics) at the end of the meal is something we are still all talking about a year later. I don't hesitate to recommend them but be prepared for some "shopping encouragement" on their part.

We used Drive Amalfi also and had an awesome day. Please be

aware that if you book with Salvatore you may not get him as

your driver. We had a driver named Michael that we liked very

much but he may have not been as "formal" as some people would

have liked. He was more like a brother driving us around his

countryside. We did run into Salvatore 2 times during the day.

He's an attractive, suave guy. He's very well liked by his drivers.

I also agree about getting a private guide for Pompeii. Salvatore

will do this for you and he does not get any cut. Our guide's name

was Franco and was great. He was passionate about Pompeii and

knew how to get around the bus tour crowds. The tour guides from

the ship are not at the site every day like Franco is and he was

aware of some areas that were recently reopened. We saw things

our tablemates who took the ship's tour didn't.

I just returned from a trip to Italy and used AP Tours for our day trip to Amalfi Coast. After pricing several companies (mentioned on this message board thread), I found AP tours to be most reasonable. Our driver was superb... knowledgeable and friendly. He took us to a delicious lunch in Ravello that was reasonably priced and run by a family.

Their website is http://www.aptours.it and their email is info@aptours.it

Click on guestbook for endorsements.

For Amalfi Coast: We were picked up and dropped off at our Sorrento Hotel, tour last around 8/9 hours.

We had a full tour of the Amalfi Coast.

We experienced the beautiful coast road and its many views there will be time to visit the famous towns such as Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello.

**Our itinerary was totally flexible and yours can be changed to your personal wishes. Basically the vehicle was ours for 9 hours.**

PRICE:

Cost for the vehicle with English speaking driver for a 9 hour tour would be

290 Euro for 1-3 people

350 Euro for 4-6 people

410 Euro for 7-8 people.

All tolls, parking, petrol and taxes are included.

Not included are *entrance tickets, lunch and tips.

Payment is on the day direct to the driver in cash only, Euro.

Archived