Stores near our hotel in Tampa???

sanditoes4

We will be staying in downtown Tampa, Howard Johnson Plaza, and becuse of the airline restrictions I was thinking of just not packing shampoo-conditioner and lotion type things and buying them in Tampa.

I will have more than enough time to get somewhere and intend on going to Channelside anyways. Are there any Walgreens or anything similar in either of these areas??? I don't really want to do a Mall thing, I would really rather just run in someplace and get out as quickly as possible!!

Thank you for your help,

kcparrothead: Thanks for trying but that hotel is about 8-10blocks south of us....it is however on the way to Channelside. So maybe I hop off the trolley and stop there either on my way down to Channelside or on the way back that evening?? I appreciate the post though! It made me think outside the box!!!:)

How about wording it like this then......are there stores like that down on Channelside area?? As long as I am going to down there for supper and wondering around anyway???

i don't remember any cvs type place by channelside...there are a few in the DT area, and there is a Publix but it isn't too close to where you are staying...it's sort of across a river from the area where the Hyatt and convention center are located....

I worked in the downtown Tampa area for 13 years. There are no stores like what you are seeking at Channelside or near your hotel. The closest is the CVS someone mentioned earlier. It is located in the 500 block of Franklin St. This street is not on the trolley line but the trolley does run within one block of Franklin. The closest thing to Channelside is the Publix. It is located just across the Hillsborough River on Platt St. This is less than a 5 minute cab ride from Channelside or maybe 10 minutes from your hotel. The CVS is only about 5 or 6 blocks from your hotel. It is an easy walk, short cab ride, or trolley. The hotel has a shuttle to the port. They may take you there before going to the port. Keep in mind most things in downtown Tampa close when most offices go home. The CVS store closes at 6 pm on weekend days and earlier on Saturdays. Not sure when, but I think 3 or 4 pm. I don,t think it is open on Sundays. I will call my friend who manages the Hallmark store down the street from CVs to get the exact times.

Have a great cruise.

that's the publix i was thinking of...thanks..

there is also a walgreens about 1-2 blocks from the publix...so if you cabbed it over there, you could hit both!

i also think that was the CVS i went to as well!! i trolleyed and walked all over Downtown

Do you know if the Publix is close to any hotels (and is it a good area?) I'd like to pick up some pineapple juice and Perrier pre-cruise. Guess we could always take a cab, but it would be really convenient if it was within walking distance!

it's in a good area..it is closest to the Marriott, Embassy Suites and then the Hyatt and Sheraton

http://www.tampa4u.com/map.html

that is a pretty good interactive map...the publix is across the river..and just about a block past publix is a walgreens. it's maybe 4 blocks...if you walk on the dotted line road (the arrow is pointing to the right..you are between the convention center and the history center...just walk thru the 'tunnel' on the sidewalk, over the bridge..and you will see the publix...(actually i could see it from my room at the marriott, that's how i found it in the first place!)

FYI: I told you guys I would check the hours for the CVS. They are as follows: M-F 7 am -6 pm; Sat. 9 am -6 pm; Sun. 9 am -3 pm.

And yes, you can walk to the Publix from the Marriott, Embassy Suites, Hyatt, Sheraton, and Wyndham. Most of the others I would suggest a short, inexpensive cab ride.

Sorry, it took so long to get your info. Had a mishap at work and ended up with 7 stitches extremely close to my eye. Just now getting back on the boards for any lenghth of time.

Happy Cruising to everyone!

Thank you so much, Meg!!!!

you're welcome....i was all over the place using public transportation and my feet....really tried to avoid cabs...

i thought tampa was pretty nice overall...didn't make it to Ybor city..maybe next time (too hot, too lazy!)

have fun.

FYI: I told you guys I would check the hours for the CVS. They are as follows: M-F 7 am -6 pm; Sat. 9 am -6 pm; Sun. 9 am -3 pm.

And yes, you can walk to the Publix from the Marriott, Embassy Suites, Hyatt, Sheraton, and Wyndham. Most of the others I would suggest a short, inexpensive cab ride.

Sorry, it took so long to get your info. Had a mishap at work and ended up with 7 stitches extremely close to my eye. Just now getting back on the boards for any lenghth of time.

Happy Cruising to everyone!

EEEEKKKKKK hope you are ok! (probably have a nice shiner too! blech!) guess the building hit a 'rogue wave'! :)

Hey thanks everyone!!!!

I lost track of this thread....for awhile no one was answering so I stopped looking at it and now I have more info than I know what to do with!!!!:D

I will figure it all out (times and all) I just thought it would be someting to do?? I am hoping to not have to check luggage which is why I wouldn't pack anything of the sort, but we'll see, I did it last year but this year we added a night so I will have to be MUCH better at packing!!!

Well again thank you everyone, I really appreciate it....now I know my options!!!:)

... I lost track of this thread....for awhile no one was answering so I stopped looking at it and now I have more info than I know what to do with!!!!...

One way to keep track of a particular thread is to click the Thread Tools feature above. Click Subscribe to this Thread. Use the drop down menu to choose one of the following:

• No email notification
  • Instant notification by email
  • Daily updates by email
  • Weekly updates by email

Highlight (click) your choice and click the Add Subscription button.

I find the instant email notification works best for me. That way I do not have to go looking to see if there have been any replies. The replies come looking for me in the form of an e-mail.

I hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

megr1125, yea I do have a shiner. Actually matched my clothes yesterday! It is amazing how many times I had to answer at work today what I did. The accident happened on Saturday at a mandatory staff training. Boy, some people are clueless unless something happens right in front of them.

I like your theory about the Rogue wave. I think that will be my new story. ""The building was hit by a rogue wave and I was knocked into a chair." Sounds much better than the real story. "I hit my face on a chair while stretching between training sessions."

Archived