Hilton Barbados - Beach Restoration Going On?

SantaAna,CA

Hi all! I am flying into Barbados a couple of days early and I booked the Hilton in Bridgetown. On last year's cruise, I had a day room at the Hilton and thought it very nice. My question is this: I see on their webpage they are warning about a beach restoration project that is going on. I called the Hilton and inquired about it (what are they doing, are the beaches affected, is there noise)....but I wondered if anyone has been to the hotel recently and can let me know how it affected your stay, if at all. I'm wary about it, especially if what they are doing is noisy all day, if you know what I mean! Thank you!

Jane

I have a dayroom at the Hilton, once again, when I get back from my cruise. They charge $165 for a room from 9am to 6pm (but I'm leaving around 4 on my flight). If there is anything I detest, it's sitting around an airport for hours!

Also, someone else on TripAdvisor told me that yes, there is quite a bit of noise during the beach reconstruction. So, hm. However, since the Hilton seems to be the only hotel that has an on-site scuba shop (and since I got an Executive Room for a great deal when I booked several months ago), I'm keeping my reservation.

Best wishes.

My wife and I spent the day at the Hilton last week and we had a great time. The beach reconstruction is off to the left of the bay so it was not really that much of an intrusion. I think that the area we were in was Carlisle bay and the water was fantastic. We also used the Hilton's pools and they had a changing area near the pool. One of the pools is an "infinity" pool that has a waterfall. Great beach and great pools.

Archived