Crown & Anchor for Spouse

Hi - I tried to search for this, but couldn't find the answer....

My daughter, who is a Gold Crown and Anchor member, was on the Sovereign last week end with her husband, who has never cruised before.

When the coupon book was delivered, there was only one, as well as the gift of a tote bag, also only one.

Just curious - does your spouse automatically become gold if you're gold?

Thanks.

we just went through the same thing with my son who had never cruised and he was in a room with his sister who had. She got the coupon book and gift and he didn't, but now that he has cruised next time he will. Make sure your sil signs up now as it is not automatic. Also when your daughter becomes Platinum he will automatically too.

Hi - I tried to search for this, but couldn't find the answer....

My daughter, who is a Gold Crown and Anchor member, was on the Sovereign last week end with her husband, who has never cruised before.

When the coupon book was delivered, there was only one, as well as the gift of a tote bag, also only one.

Just curious - does your spouse automatically become gold if you're gold?

Thanks.

EVERY guest sailing must have their own C&A membership number and they will each qualify for different levels based on how many times they themselves cruise. Even my kids have their own numbers so they earn perks the more they sail.

EVERY guest sailing must have their own C&A membership number and they will each qualify for different levels based on how many times they themselves cruise. Even my kids have their own numbers so they earn perks the more they sail.

Not actually true, every member of the family, living at the same address, takes the level of the highest member, irrespective of how many cruises they have actually taken. So a single woman who is diamond, marries a man who has never cruised, they cruise for their honeymoon, and as soon as he registers when they get back,:D he is diamond with 1 cruise credit

Not actually true, every member of the family, living at the same address, takes the level of the highest member, irrespective of how many cruises they have actually taken. So a single woman who is diamond, marries a man who has never cruised, they cruise for their honeymoon, and as soon as he registers when they get back,:D he is diamond with 1 cruise credit

Actually, I guess this is another one of those things that it matters which person you talk to at C&A. I have one more cruise under my belt than my husband... and I am platinum and he is still listed as gold.

I called C&A to ask if -- when we go to check in for our next cruise -- if we can both check in at the Platinum/Diamond line, and I was told no.

Of course I'm going to try it anyway -- so we'll see!

Actually, I guess this is another one of those things that it matters which person you talk to at C&A. I have one more cruise under my belt than my husband... and I am platinum and he is still listed as gold.

I called C&A to ask if -- when we go to check in for our next cruise -- if we can both check in at the Platinum/Diamond line, and I was told no.

Just beware, we were in the Plat/Dia line for Liberty in Sept. Looked around and it was by far the longest line. Quickly exited and had no wait.

Sorry OP, just an aside.

I think I read this on another post and thought it was strange.

Why would someone qualify as Diamond just because their spouse does? Granted a spouse would "count" as a guest in the CL but I think that is understandable.............however, they shouldn't be given levels they didn't earn.

Sounds like abusing the system but I guess someone will always try to find a way around the rules.

Why would someone qualify as Diamond just because their spouse does? Granted a spouse would "count" as a guest in the CL but I think that is understandable.............however, they shouldn't be given levels they didn't earn.

Sounds like abusing the system but I guess someone will always try to find a way around the rules.

No, PantherFan, no one is abusing the system. This is what ROYAL CARIBBEAN does. No one is "doing it TO" Royal Caribbean. RC puts members of the same family at the same address in the same C&A level as the highest-rated member.

TexasAnn, that person on the phone was wrong.

Feel free to call again and get a different answer. Or just get in the da%$*&% Plat/Dia line and check in. You'll have no problems. (or, if you encounter the same situation as Oville, just get in the shortest line. :))

I was told the same thing in reference to my kids who just took their first cruise. When we become Platinum next year they will too, the Loyal Ambassador on board told us, as well as on the C & A phone line. It is so all family members stay together for levels. It wouldn't be too much fun if hubby could go into the concierge lounge for example and the wife couldn't.:eek:

Quick question regarding the concierge lounge. I am traveling with my brother, my mother and my two children and we adults have a suite and the kids are in a separate room across the hall. If we adults are in the CL, do the kids have access to us? My kids are 17 and 14, so obviously it's not a liquor consumption issue, but it would be nice if we are meeting there before dinner, if they could come in and we would go down to dinner together.

Also, my son thinks the Owners Suite looks awesome in the pictures with the 42" TV and the other amenities, as we've only stayed in a promenade room prior to this. Is it going to be difficult to get additional keys to our cabin so the kids can enjoy the space, because those keys also access the concierge lounge?

Any help would be appreciated.

Quick question regarding the concierge lounge. I am traveling with my brother, my mother and my two children and we adults have a suite and the kids are in a separate room across the hall. If we adults are in the CL, do the kids have access to us? My kids are 17 and 14, so obviously it's not a liquor consumption issue, but it would be nice if we are meeting there before dinner, if they could come in and we would go down to dinner together.

Also, my son thinks the Owners Suite looks awesome in the pictures with the 42" TV and the other amenities, as we've only stayed in a promenade room prior to this. Is it going to be difficult to get additional keys to our cabin so the kids can enjoy the space, because those keys also access the concierge lounge?

Any help would be appreciated.

Only guests IN suites and who have C&A level of Diamond or Diamond Plus are welcome in the Concierge Lounge. After 5 P.M., only guests 16 and older are welcome.

The Concierge will provide you with a separate key card for the Lounge. It is not the same as your cabin SeaPass card.

When DH and I got married one of the many benefits of marrying me ;) was that he also became Diamond status after he took his first cruise. My kids have been registered and are also Diamond members, even though our youngest three have only been on one RCCL cruise (so far)!

Only guests IN suites and who have C&A level of Diamond or Diamond Plus are welcome in the Concierge Lounge. After 5 P.M., only guests 16 and older are welcome.

The Concierge will provide you with a separate key card for the Lounge. It is not the same as your cabin SeaPass card.

Also somebody sharing a cabin with a diamond member (although not in a suite) will allowed in too.

Hello Merion Mom,

I do not have a problem with as you have posted ".... After 5 P.M. only guests 16 and older are welcome " ....... but when did they change the rule ?

Back in April on Explorer the min. age after 5 PM was 18 .

Wes

Hello Merion Mom,

I do not have a problem with as you have posted ".... After 5 P.M. only guests 16 and older are welcome " ....... but when did they change the rule ?

Back in April on Explorer the min. age after 5 PM was 18 .

Wes

I thought that it was interesting, too, but that's what was printed in my 'welcome letter'.

I guess that it's more a matter of decorum than of alcohol?!?!?!?!?

I thought that it was interesting, too, but that's what was printed in my 'welcome letter'.

I guess that it's more a matter of decorum than of alcohol?!?!?!?!?

Hello again,

Perhaps the rules have changed since end of April or maybe they are not the same on every ship.

I still have the copy of the "Welcome letter" from our cruise and it is printed there:

"Due to the adult-oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages between 5:00 pm and 8:30 pm each evening, we regret that children under the age of 18 are not permitted in the lounge during this time. During all other times, we request that an adult accompany children under the age of 18. "

Maybe it is a good change of rule if it is a change.

Wes

Hello again,

Perhaps the rules have changed since end of April or maybe they are not the same on every ship.

I still have the copy of the "Welcome letter" from our cruise and it is printed there:

"Due to the adult-oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages between 5:00 pm and 8:30 pm each evening, we regret that children under the age of 18 are not permitted in the lounge during this time. During all other times, we request that an adult accompany children under the age of 18. "

Maybe it is a good change of rule if it is a change.

Wes

Going to look in my cruise drawer...........................

Ok, can't find August Explorer letter.......found Enchantment 05 letter. 18 is correct. Let's chalk it up to brain farts and encroaching maturity. :D

No, PantherFan, no one is abusing the system. This is what ROYAL CARIBBEAN does. No one is "doing it TO" Royal Caribbean. RC puts members of the same family at the same address in the same C&A level as the highest-rated member.

No, RCL does not do that for everyone-

My hubby and I live at the same address and have our own cards and he didn't get the same perks as me. (I have cruised more than him)

I'll have to let C & A know to give my hubby my credits as well then. Thanks for the info

RCI doesn't AUTOMATICALLY put all family members at the same level, you have to request it......but once you ask for it, it is granted without question. My husband and my daughter, who each have less cruises than I do, are both at the Platinum level with me.

Just got married this summer and also just signed up the kids as soon as the kids program was founded. The kids had taken 1 cruise and I was told they would be platinum like me, that was in the Spring. Just a few weeks ago I signed up my wife, who was gold, and was told she would now be Platinum. I was actually just calling to change her name with C & A and on an existing reservation and the agent, (C&A), said she would now be platinum. One more cruise after the one in May and we'll all be diamond!!!!

Archived