All things Monarch of the Seas

Hey all,

I'm getting ready to be on the Monarch for the Aug 3rd cruise. Not my first cruise (went on a Carnival many years ago when i was little and was on the Soverign a few years ago) but this is the first for my boyfriend. I have found out so much info from you guys! Thanks so much! I'm even more excited now for my trip..these 28 days won't go by fast enough. Is anyone else here going on the same trip?

You might try posting on this roll call............not very active right now,but who knows?? Maybe others will start posting too......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=985823

Wow, I am gettng so much from this thread. We have plans for a January, 4 day from PC on Monarch for our Anniversary. Then the following year we'll try the Radiance for the next Anniversary.

I'm so glad they introduced the MTD option; not for us, but it's good to have that option for those you like it. We love meeting new people to share dinner and experiences with nightly, so I hope they never discontinue the main dining option - we'd survive if they did, though.

Lissaw16, CocoCay is such a fine island, I hope you get to got some time. IMO, it's RCCL's best island.

You will not be bored on Monarch, it may be an older ship but it is in good shape!! The CD Jimmy and his staff are really AWESOME!!!! There are many things to do on this ship, just like all the others! The crew are very attentive and very personable!!

Does anyone know if the Monarch has a Boleros latin lounge? And if so, how is it?

Boleros on Monarch is quite large. We were on in June and they did not have a dedicated Latin band. The RCL Orchestra was starting to play Latin music there during our cruise and they were excellent. :D

Hi everyone,

We are so excited- we sail next week. I love being outside but not in direct sun. I have been so busy and I'm bringing some books and magazines to catch up on my reading. Is there a quiet place on the ship preferably outside that's quiet and shaded to read? One post mentioned one of the lounges being quiet but my preference would be outside. Thanks in advance.

Chele

Does anyone know if the Monarch has a Boleros latin lounge? And if so, how is it?

Boleros on Monarch is quite large. We were on in June and they did not have a dedicated Latin band. The RCL Orchestra was starting to play Latin music there during our cruise and they were excellent. :D

The only problem with the orchestra playing was that their songs went on forever. They were good musically, but not attuned to dancers.

I think they should put a Latin band in there for the evenings.

The only problem with the orchestra playing was that their songs went on forever. They were good musically, but not attuned to dancers.

I think they should put a Latin band in there for the evenings.

I dont understand why they dont have one.............Sovereign always had one.............same port,same itinerary:confused::confused: and it was always hopping.........I dont think I have had a Mojito in Boleros yet on the MN........its just not the same:(

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would bump this thread up with a question.

Has anyone ordered a pot of coffee in the am? I know you are suppose to put your breakfast order out by a certain time the night before. But has anyone waited to order coffee until the morning?

I know we did this on the Enchantment several years ago but like I said that has been a few years.

I dont understand why they dont have one.............Sovereign always had one.............same port,same itinerary:confused::confused: and it was always hopping.........I dont think I have had a Mojito in Boleros yet on the MN........its just not the same:(

And Monarch always had one when she was in LA. I guess you just need to send her back to us!

Thought I would bump this thread up with a question.

Has anyone ordered a pot of coffee in the am? I know you are suppose to put your breakfast order out by a certain time the night before. But has anyone waited to order coffee until the morning?

I know we did this on the Enchantment several years ago but like I said that has been a few years.

Yes,you can.........

And Monarch always had one when she was in LA. I guess you just need to send her back to us!
what's it worth to you??:p

I'm leaving on the Monarch Friday with a few friends to getaway for a couple of days and I'm really excited. A few of us have never been on a cruise before while one or two have been. It should be awesome. We're doing the clear kayak adventure while we're in Nassau.

I've seen a few comments about the cruise director, etc. I've heard that they can make the trip worth every penny if they are truly great, especially on these short cruises. Are there any activities/places we must absolutely NOT miss? How is the cruise director on the Monarch?

I'm leaving on the Monarch Friday with a few friends to getaway for a couple of days and I'm really excited. A few of us have never been on a cruise before while one or two have been. It should be awesome. We're doing the clear kayak adventure while we're in Nassau.

I've seen a few comments about the cruise director, etc. I've heard that they can make the trip worth every penny if they are truly great, especially on these short cruises. Are there any activities/places we must absolutely NOT miss? How is the cruise director on the Monarch?

Go to the Quest. It is an adult type show where the everyone can get involved. It is one of my favorite things that RCI does for entertainment.

Taking the Monarch for the first time 9/4-9/7 - our previous cruises have all been on Carnival. We live about 30 minutes from PC - if we get to PC by 11AM, are we then going to be made to sit for 2-3 hours while we watch past RCI cruisers board and wait for newbies like us to be called, or can we get on earlier if we get there early? What's the earliest we can board if we're newbies on RCI?

Taking the Monarch for the first time 9/4-9/7 - our previous cruises have all been on Carnival. We live about 30 minutes from PC - if we get to PC by 11AM, are we then going to be made to sit for 2-3 hours while we watch past RCI cruisers board and wait for newbies like us to be called, or can we get on earlier if we get there early? What's the earliest we can board if we're newbies on RCI?

You should be on by Noon. Time for lunch in the Windjammer while you wait for your cabin to be prepared for 1:00PM access. Have fun!

They start boarding the MN at PC at 11:30............

I have a stupid question.

We are on B2B's next week. First the 4 day then the 3 day. I do not care if the answer is yes but, will the shows be the same on both cruises? Well I know there will be one more on the 4 day then the 3 day. lol My DD asked me this today because she wants to make sure we see every show. I thought if they are to be the same it might help us make decisions on what we do not want to miss on the first cruise verse the shorter one.

From what I have read they are the same but thought I would ask here to see if this is correct.

Just curious, but does deck 9 SOV cabins on Monarch have their drill in the lounge or is it outside?

It is not determined by deck............its determined by location of the cabins....seems the ones that are close to the stairs and elevator(midship) get to go to Boleros for drill.........

Archived