E-mailing a passenger

AZaTaz

I know I have read this somewhere but I can not find it. I understand you can e-mail someone while they are on board a princess ship. Do I remember right? What would be the e-mail address? Thanks for your help in advance. I leave in 5 days and wanted to give this information to my son.

Wouldn't you just email their regular address? I'm able to access my email no matter where I am through any internet hook-up.

If they don't already have an address you can create one free through Yahoo or Hotmail.

Although this was very popular a few years ago, I have not heard of it working lately. It used to be that you could email shipsname@princesscruises.com and put the passengers name and room number in the subject line and it would be delivered to the cabin.

BUT...........I would not count on this anymore as in recent years, it has not seemed to work as well, if at all.

It is best to open an online email account at hotmail or yahoo or similar, and just give that address to your son and check your email onboard the ship occasionally.

Although the emails sent like they used to be might still work, in an emergency situation, I would never count on this being delivered. Also, even when it did work, at times the emails were delivered promptly, while others could take 24 hours before they were delivered to your stateroom.

Thanks toto I knew you would know. I will have my black berry but just not sure how often it will work. I will just have to buy some minutes and check my travel acount that I set up for this purpose. Thanks.

Best way to reach someone is by going to the Internet Cafe and checking your email. If it's a family emergency (someone died or you have to get home as soon as possible), you can try the email Toto gave above. But, there are no guarantees it'll be delivered since it uses the ship's communications system, i.e., the one Officers use to communicate with the home office, etc.

My guess is that (as was predicted here) too many people used this instead of sending email to personal email addresses so it's gone bye-bye. What a shame.

The reason I suggested yahoo instead of your home email is that there will be many messages and spam probably in your home email and take valuable time to go through emails that are not important.

The ship has an emergency phone number that those at home can use to reach you. It will be listed in the package of cruise docs that Princess sends to you. The cost is something like $9/minute.

It was nice when we were on the Grand Princess in 2003 that my mother was able to send me a birthday email that way. It was printed and placed in an envelope and delivered to my cabin.

Now that we're platinum, we'll check our email on the ship. On past cruises, we've done it occasionally from shore but never from the ship.

Archived