Freedom - 2 Questions?

colover

1. Labadee - does the Adventure Ocean (childcare) program run on Labadee? My husband and I will do the zipline and then spend the rest of the day with the kids so do we have to leave them on the ship and come back to get them or is there childcare on the island?

2. Chops/Portofino - day 1 discount? I may be imagining this, but I seem to remember someone telling me you can get a discount if you eat there the first night. Anyone know either way?

Thanks!

2. Chops/Portofino - day 1 discount? I may be imagining this, but I seem to remember someone telling me you can get a discount if you eat there the first night. Anyone know either way?

I've never seen or experienced a first night discount at a specialty restaurant.

Could someone please clarify.

On the Murder Mystery night. I thought this was an optional activity based in Portofinos. However, I thought you could still just have dinner in the restaurant at the normal $20.00 fee.

Am I wrong on this. Have never eaten in the specialty restaurants, but plan on doing it on our upcoming cruise in November.

Any advise is welcome.

Dave

David...cant recommend anything in Portofino's but a trip to Chops is absolutly recommended...its great...they brought out the huge, juicy wonderful steaks and a bit of every side on the menu, if we had a favorite side they just brought more...it was great...definatly eat a light lunch though if you plan on going because the food is amazing and the portions are incredible

On the Murder Mystery night. I thought this was an optional activity based in Portofinos. However, I thought you could still just have dinner in the restaurant at the normal $20.00 fee.

Am I wrong on this. Have never eaten in the specialty restaurants, but plan on doing it on our upcoming cruise in November.

Any advise is welcome.

Dave

Dave, I don't think they offer other options during the Murder Mystery night, they would not have the space or staff.

###

Any advise is welcome.

Dave

Nope. On the night when they have the Murder Mystery, that's your only choice. On our August Explorer cruise, they didn't get enough people to sign up for it, however, and Portofino reverted to regular dining that first night.

By the way, I am one who reported a first night discount, but that was 2003 on the Explorer.

Nope. On the night when they have the Murder Mystery, that's your only choice. On our August Explorer cruise, they didn't get enough people to sign up for it, however, and Portofino reverted to regular dining that first night.

By the way, I am one who reported a first night discount, but that was 2003 on the Explorer.

Thanks Merion. We have never crossed paths much, but I see your name all the time. If I am correct, aren't you part of the group that includes CrazyCruiseCanuck (Cindy) on the Mariner Repo.

Cindy is part of our group going on the Radiance next month, along with Jillybabes and lots of other CC members.

Archived