Concierge Tipping

We are leaving tomorrow and will be staying in a suite for the first time. The concierge contacted us last week to see if there is anything that we needed and he has already made our Portofino reservations and is getting us Ice Show tickets. What is a fair amount for the tip for doing this for us? Should I give it to him tomorrow when we meet him to thank him for handling this for us already or do I wait till the end of the cruise?

Hi! We were on the EOS this past Sept. Ricky was a great concierge and did a great job for us. We tipped him 35.00 for the week and he seemed surprised when we handed him the envelope. Our last concierge on mariner did not do much of anything for us.........thus we did not tip. I asked another couple if they had tipped Ricky and they said yes. We did not know either whether to tip him or not........so I asked too to be sure.

Macwoman

Hi! We were on the EOS this past Sept. Ricky was a great concierge and did a great job for us. We tipped him 35.00 for the week and he seemed surprised when we handed him the envelope. Our last concierge on mariner did not do much of anything for us.........thus we did not tip. I asked another couple if they had tipped Ricky and they said yes. We did not know either whether to tip him or not........so I asked too to be sure.

Macwoman

Yes Ricky is our concierge. Did you tip him at the end of the week? Since he's already done these things for us I just wanted to be sure that we were properly acknowledging what he has already done. I want him to know up front that we appreciate that he has already handled this for us.

We're always tipped the concierge at the end of the cruise. The amount we have tipped depends on the amount of services the concierge has rendered. We've tipped anywhere from nothing to $40.00 in the past. As always tipping is strictly optional and I know many who were in the concierge lounge every night who chose not to tip anything at the end of the cruise.

We're always tipped the concierge at the end of the cruise. The amount we have tipped depends on the amount of services the concierge has rendered. We've tipped anywhere from nothing to $40.00 in the past. As always tipping is strictly optional and I know many who were in the concierge lounge every night who chose not to tip anything at the end of the cruise.

You're method is similar to mine. On Serenade, we had all kinds of problems that Maritza fixed plus having breakfast and drinks every day. We tipped $5 per person per day. Other concierges who did not do as much received less.

A few cruises back we had our first experience with a concierge and the concierge lounge. I must admit that it was less than what I was expecting. The concierge (will not mention name, may have just been a bad time for them) seemed preoccupied with something else each time we had a question so we found it easier to just handle it ourselves. The lounge was way too crowded but there was an overflow lounge and we adopted that as our base each afternoon. The bartender there was super, always with a smile, remembered what you wanted to drink and seemed to honestly enjoy her job. There were also two young men who served drinks in the overflow lounge. Since we did not use the concierge (nor HER lounge) we did not tip her. We did, however, tip the other bartender 50 and each of the servers 25.

A few cruises back we had our first experience with a concierge and the concierge lounge. I must admit that it was less than what I was expecting. The concierge (will not mention name, may have just been a bad time for them) seemed preoccupied with something else each time we had a question so we found it easier to just handle it ourselves. The lounge was way too crowded but there was an overflow lounge and we adopted that as our base each afternoon. The bartender there was super, always with a smile, remembered what you wanted to drink and seemed to honestly enjoy her job. There were also two young men who served drinks in the overflow lounge. Since we did not use the concierge (nor HER lounge) we did not tip her. We did, however, tip the other bartender 50 and each of the servers 25.

This was what we experienced on our Brilliance transatlantic last November. The lounge we so small and crowded we spent our evenings in the overflow lounge rather than the concierge lounge. We were served by a wonderful bartender named Angela. At the end of the cruise we tipped her rather than the concierge.

We have only tipped on concierge since we turned diamond and that was they very first time. He more than earned it. However, since then we have not have any real service from the concierges to warrent a gratuity. We even made our own drinks.

M

Our first cruise as Diamond where there was a Concierge, the Concierge made our drinks every night and gave us excellent service. We tipped her $50. (We figured out about how much the tips on drinks would be and then added a bit to that.)

Our next Diamond trip was on Mariner. The concierge, basically did nothing for us. There was a bartender who made all drinks while the concierge flitted around. We gave him a very small amount, but the bartender the $50.

Our last Diamond trip was also on Mariner. The concierge was a sweet lady from Lithuania who works in guest services and was filling in for a concierge. She got us tickets to the ice show and basically we chatted with her a few times and that was it. We gave her $20 and the bartender who was wonderful got $50.

I guess it depends on who does what for us as to who gets the tip and what the amount is. I have no idea what we will do on Mariner on our next cruise. It all depends on the service. We have never gone to the lounge other than at cocktail time except to pick up the tickets to the ice show. If we used the services of the Concierge, we would tip more.

Archived