? about what I can put in my luggage for a flight

Sandi149

no they do not......actually at Dulles and National the WMAA provides those doctor-type footwear covers for your tootsies...like what doctors wear over their shoes in the OR.....problem is the bi ns are right next to the front of the line as you are about to put your stuff on the belt....conventional wisdom would say have them at the entrance to the line before the scanners...by the baggies they provide!

oh, and belts have to be removed, along with coins-anything big and metal, like a watch. wedding rings are OK...

and whatever anyone does..NEVER EVER put prescription meds in your checked bags....i lost count of how many times others have done this recently, had their bags lost, then yelled at the airline people!

BTW..you can carry an EMPTY water bottle thru security and fill it up on the other side...that way you can get H2O out of the fountain and bot pay $4 bucks....!!

Be certain to keep your meds in carry-on luggage!

The only reason that TSA at Dulles and Reagan tries to provide a tiny bit of customer service is because their customers (House and Senate staffers) hold their purse strings :)

Last time I flew, yes. It's hard to figure out rhyme or reason to the regulations, but let's all remember the reason for it. :( I think they DID lift the ban on lighters now.

Gee, as I recall the Bad Guys had ID and went through "security." I don't feel any safer with baggies and stocking feet.

BTW, contact solutions can be any size they just have to be declared at secruity. If you are wonder about a certain product, if you can cut it and it keeps its shape then it doesn't have to be in that ziploc bag. Don't be like my mom who thinks you can take a BIG tube of toothpaste!!! Secruity of course took it, and she had to buy a new one!!! She was so upset over it, we found it to be funny!!!lol

Be careful with contact lensn solution. My DH had his saline and cleaning solutions with him. The TSA agent did a litmuus test on them and the cleaning solution failed. We were detained until the police came over! The cleaning solution contained hydrogen peroxide, which is an ingredient in home-made bombs! We were not allowed to bring it on the plane. We were told that we could put it in our checked luggage. Since it was a weekend trip and we had no checked luggage, they confiscated it. The scary part was they had to determine whether to let US board the plane. Read your ingredient list before you assume anything.

To Crusin Karen

Do the notes really make a difference? My husband had broken his hip and now has a metal hip. He sets the alarm off every time. He is used to it now, but if the note would keep him from the lengthy scanning we'll have to get a note from his doctor.

Jane

The notes won't make a difference. It can't hurt to have the card from the doctor saying you have artificial parts, but you will still have to go to the side and be scanned. My MIL has 2 artificial knees. when we get to the screener we tell them, they then have her step to the side and scan her.

we grab all of the bags and then stand to the side and wait for her.

The notes won't make a difference. It can't hurt to have the card from the doctor saying you have artificial parts, but you will still have to go to the side and be scanned. My MIL has 2 artificial knees. when we get to the screener we tell them, they then have her step to the side and scan her.

we grab all of the bags and then stand to the side and wait for her.

All the note does is let them know that you have metal in your body. It doesn't stop the scanning. I have metal and screws in my back. I let them know a head of time what I have. Since I travel alone alot, they will pull my stuff to the side and hold it while I'm scanned.

Archived