Copper John/ Sungoddess...... Please

sail7seas

Sorry for bothering you and hope you don't mind my asking, but I think there have been some changes for senior staff on ships since you last posted the 'sticky'.

Any chance one of you have the more recent information and wouldn't mind updating?

Really would appreciate current listing but understand if that is not possible or of interest to do.

Thank you.

Hi Sail,

I usually receive an updated list around the 15th of the month. I forward it to John and he takes care of the rest. :)

SG

Thank you, Sungoddess. I really appreciate your sharing this info. :) And Thank you, John, for 'taking care of the rest.'

I know this is important to some people, but would anyone book a cruise because of who was working on the ship at a certain time? Change a cruise if favorite officers were on or moved to another ship??

In a word, YES.

Doesn't matter if anyone else cares or understands. Makes no difference to me. It is our choice and perhaps one that you will not, cannot understand. You don't have to. ;)

I never said I didn't or couldn't understand. I just asked the question. In fact I do understand, whether I would do it myself or not, but was interested how many people would book or change based on crew.

I may not cancel but it would be one of many considerations if I was to book a cruise that was not more than 4 months out. Most all our cruises are booked over a year in advance and while I do not book them in hopes of a certain Hotel Manager or Captain being on board I am pleased when I find out someone I know will be there. As we all know HAL can move these Officers to a different ship or change their contract dates at any time so you cannot really make plans but it is also fun to see where they are and where they may be.:)

Very true. It is bad judgment to book a cruise only because you think certain crew/staff may be aboard. It can change at any point including day of boarding and has even happened a close friend was aboard at the start of the cruise and left mid-cruise.

We would never book a cruise only because of who we thought would be aboard. It always has to be a cruise we would take regardless but if choosing between two or among several, if we think there a chance friends would be on one cruise vs the other, we most certainly would select that cruise. Friends want to see friends, don't they? Doesn't matter where those friends happen to 'live'. Some of our very close friends happen to live a certain part of each year on a 'dam' ship and we go there to visit them. The same as we would go to whatever land location to visit them if they were not at sea.

I know this is important to some people, but would anyone book a cruise because of who was working on the ship at a certain time? Change a cruise if favorite officers were on or moved to another ship??

I so agree with you - it doesn't matter to us who is the captain, HM, what crew members are on board.

Archived