Checking Cabin Availability

GrammieMame

Sailing on Millenium January 27. We couldn't get one of the big balcony cabins, but I thought I might check daily to see if one might become available (never know). But how do you check on Celebrity website to see which cabins are available? Do you have to go thru the reservation process or can you short-cut it?

The way I check is on either expedia.com or priceline.com. You do have to go through the process, but those sites show all cabins available, where on the Celebrity site they only show select cabins (meaning--Celebrity may only show 3 or 4 cabins but expedia & priceline may show 7 or 8). To get out of the process you either use the back button or close the tab. Hope this helps.

The major travel websites don't show all the available cabins either. Usually there's a limit of six or eight shown. Other cabins in the same category may be available.

If you're working with a good TA, you could ask them to check for you regularly. And keep checking yourself through the major travel websites.

Why not just call Celebrity direct (cut out the middle guys) and ask what's available? Call every day....twice a day even.....you always get a different customer service agent anyway. You don't even have to say you are already booked, just ask what cabins are available in the category you're wanting. And good cabins do become available at the very last minute. Once, we had to relinquish an EXCELLENT, sought after cabin 3 days before we sailed due to dh having emergency surgery.

Has been the best way for me. The travel web sites do NOT post all available cabins. The way I ended up with my Aft cabin for Alaska was by literally typing in every single aft cabin number. The last one I put in popped up as available. Of course, I could have checked my roll-call and seen that someone was giving this cabin up and was letting all of us know (this is another great way to find out about great cabins coming available).

For the next cruise I did the same thing. Found the cruises we were interested in and started typing cabin numbers in. As it gets closer to final payment time you will find that cabins do become available because people bail out of the booking.

Good luck. I wish there were an easier way!!

Cheers,

-Lori

Why not just call Celebrity direct (cut out the middle guys) and ask what's available? Call every day....twice a day even.....you always get a different customer service agent anyway. You don't even have to say you are already booked, just ask what cabins are available in the category you're wanting. And good cabins do become available at the very last minute. Once, we had to relinquish an EXCELLENT, sought after cabin 3 days before we sailed due to dh having emergency surgery.

Before booking our current cruise--we had an AWFUL time with X's phone people who wouldn't check availability until we wanted to book...meanwhile I had TAs with various internet sites trying to help us..we were looking for two cabins close together--one insde for the teens and one outside/balconey.

The X phone service are terrible and every time I have called them about something they act like I am bothering them! I hope the service on the ship fars exceeds the RUDE and generally unhelpful phone people.

I have since called and they are of no help. We didn't book through X directly but have now booked with a TA who was much nicer and gave us an obc.

I would use the ships deck plan and search by cabin number on the X site if there is an area in particular you hope to locate a room.

Just our experience.

Archived