Which cruise to Tahiti?

lipoppop

The Tahiti Princess does two 10 day cruises among the Cook Islands. The itineraries are slightly different and I wonder which is preferred and why? Also what is the best times of the year? :cool:

We have cruised extensively with HAL and this would be our first Princess cruise.

Are you sure there are two itineraries among the Cook Islands or are the Marquesas for one itinerary and the Cook Islands the other. Those are the only itineraries I know, that the Tahitian Princess does in French Polynesia.
We just came back on Saturday 8/28, this was our third time to F.P. Each time we have has been in August and we have had perfect weather. It was about 85 degrees and very little humidity. On this trip we had a total of 1 hour of rain,the other times we went not much more. My vote for best time to go is in August.

We also have cruised extensively with HAL and we did the T.P. cruise in March this year.

It is a fantastic trip and you will enjoy it. The food was good, the staff excellent and the ship is a little beauty. Do get at least a verandah cabin as you will find you will use it a lot.

As far as I know there is only one itinerary to the Cook islands and that is board the ship in Papeete, overnight in Papeete, Huahine, Raratonga, Raitea, Bora Bora overnight, Moorea and back to Papeete.

The best time to go is from May to October, but you can be lucky as we were there in March this year with wonderful weather with no rain. It is very humid though between November and April and the temperatures are around 90F.

Jennie

Any time in FP is great! We went in January before and are going in january again next year. I haven't done the Marquesas, it doesn't sound as interesting to me. I like the Cook Islands trip, lots of snorkeling to be done! When are you thinking of going?

I think that you could get tain anytime of the year. It's the tropics. We had wonderful weather last January and I hope we have it again this next time. I check out the kroooz cams at least twice a day and have seen rain in our summer months, the dry months there. No matter wen you go, it will be warm and the water will be warm.

Thank you all for your interesting comments. It looks like the Cook Islands rather than the Marqueses is the route of choice.

As to when to go is difficult. We enjoy Long Island in the summer so I thought late September would be good. However we are booked on the Amsterdam's 32 day cruise from Singapore to San Diego in November 2005 and my DW will not want two long vacations so close together. Early 2006 we have a family birthday vacation planned. So maybe I can swing June 2005.

Life is good when your only problem is deciding when to cruise!!!

Archived