How Do I Upload?

sagiv666

I would like to share some of my photos taken on my recent trip to Alaska with others, and I have read FAQ for the Photo Gallery explaining how to upload photos. Unfortunately, I do not see the links that are described in the answer. Can someone explain the process to me?

I would like to share some of my photos taken on my recent trip to Alaska with others, and I have read FAQ for the Photo Gallery explaining how to upload photos. Unfortunately, I do not see the links that are described in the answer. Can someone explain the process to me?

Herw's a response from an earlier thread. It may help.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=581178

Dave

There are several ways to do this. Many people use a photo hosting service. I think some are free and others require payment. Most Internet Service Providers give their customers free space on a server for web pages. This is the method I use. Your ISP can help set this up and instruct you. Once you have the space and pictures are uploaded you simply click the "yellow" image icon when you post and enter a link.

I think the thread to read in relation to the FAQ for the Photo Gallery is this one

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=638889

"Uploading Photos

Uploading a Photo is accomplished thru the use of this form. By filling in the variables, you are telling PhotoPost which photo you wish to upload and information about the photo.

Choose a cateogry - select the most appropriate place for your photo using the drop down list of available categories.

Photo to upload - using the Browser button, select the file on your system you wish to upload (be sure that the file does not exceed size limitations)

Disk space remaining for your account - This tells you how much disk space you have left for uploads

On the next page you will be prompted to enter the following information for each image you uploaded:

Enter a title for the photo - This is a short description of the photo

Keywords - enter up to 10 descriptive terms people can use to search for your image

Photo Description - This area provides for a more detailed description of the photo

Do you want to be notified by email when users post replies? Check this box if you would like an email whenever someone posts a comment to your photo.

Supported image types include: JPG, GIF and PNG.

Support multimedia type (if enabled): MPG, AVI, ASF, WMF, MOV"

Archived