Looking for Ft Lauderdale Hotel with great Pool & Free Shuttle Service

RAIDERMOM

we are booked in the comfort inn (stirling rd) on 11/13/04 precruise. we leave on jos 11/14/04. the rate was 75.00/night for three people in a room - i'm a government employee and so that is a gov't rate. i've read from posts on these boards that it's ok for a night - clean, good free breakfast and free shuttles to and from airport and cruiseport. hope that helps!!

We are pre-cruise Feb 17th and booked at the LaQuinta Suites Airport. They have free shuttle to and from airport and the "cruise port". Also free breakfast and free parking.

They have a pool but dont know what its like.

I suggest the Springhill Suites it has nice rooms, free breakfast, airport and pier shuttle, if you are driving to fort lauderdale you can park your car for free at the hotel. It is also close to many restaurants, Kmart and a grocery store.

I would recommend the Embassy Suites or Amerisuites on 17th Street. I believe both have shuttles. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and it was OK, but the Embassy was much nicer and the pool area was beautiful. The Comfort was very crowded when we went and the shuttle was a nightmare. Plus at 17th Street, you can see the ships from your hotels and take the water taxi and do some sightseeing.

The Marriott Marina fits the bill. Right across the street from the Port, free shuttle, and beautiful heated pool. Also, it's on the water taxi stop so that's a big bonus if you want to sightsee a little. The water taxi is $5 per adult and you can ride it all day.

Myself and 7 others booked 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn aiport, there was a web special for 89.00 per night and they offer free transfer to & from the airport we will get the carnival transfer back at the airport.

Anyone ever stayed there?

The Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport on Stirling Road is a nice hotel. The pool area is nice and there is a tiki bar. They have a restaurant and room service. There is also a shopping center within walking distance; also a couple of fast food places next door. They do have a airport/cruiseport shuttle but it services the hotel next door also which is why it can get a little wild when going to the pier. If you make reservations here make sure you book yourself onto the shuttle when you check in.

Ron

Marriott Marina and Embassy Suites are 3 stars in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Go to the site biddingfortravel for a list of the hotels in a given location. You are also able to see what other successful bids have been and it gives you an idea of the going price and helps prevent you overbidding. Hope this helps.

http://www.biddingfortravel.com

Got LaQuinta Inn Suites FTL Airport for $62.69 with includes tax for Feb 17th.

Its a newer hotel, within walking distance to a large shoppung mall and several nice restaurants. THey offer a park/sleep/cruise/ package which includes one nighs lodging in a king mini-suite; up to 14 days of parking; transfers from hotel to the port ( which is only about 4 miles away); and a comp breakfast. They also offer a 100% money back guarantee......

• 4 weeks later...

Frank,I got the LaQuinta rate through Priceline for April.I got it for $42 plus tax.I do not need parking.Do not know if you can have free parking with that rate.It is 2star, Fort Lauderdale Airport.Others in my group also got it for that rate.They did not accept $40.You can try lower,depending on what time of year.I saw $39 and $41 accepted.It looks like a great place to stay at a great price.When are you going?

We are sailing on 1/16/05 on the Costa Med., but going to Fort Lauderdale on 1/15/05 because we will probably have 2 feet of snow by then and we want to be sure to GET THERE !!!! If I bid on Priceline for 2* Fort Lauderdale beach is there a REALLY good chance of getting the LaQuinta ?? Thanks Knarf(Frank)

Hi:) when you are using Priceline there is not a guarantee about which property you will get....that is part of the reason for such a good price.

I stayed at the Marriott Marina last month.....80.00 on Priceline. I bid on 3Star in the Downtown Zone....normally you get Marriott or Embassy Suites.

I have also stayed at Amerisuites and the Hyatt Pier 66.

All those hotels are very near the port.

Frank: If you look in biddingfortravel they list in the Fort Lauderdale Airport are La Quinta or Springhill Suites as 2star.What I have read, both places are nice.Check it out under Trip Advisor and see if you agree.I have read someone bidding $55 for 2star and got upgraded to 3star Sheraton. If you do not want Sheraton, don't bid that high.Maybe first check on each of the 2 hotels and see if they openings for the date you want.Good luck.

Hello, The Embassy Suites on 17th street was perfect for us. 2 miles from the airport(FLL) and 5 blocks from the port Everglades, Free shuttles to both. We booked our pre and post stay through Celebrity. It was $ 118.00 per night- the rate was 59.00 per person and included hotel to ship transfers and ship to hotel transfers, we didn't realize that they had free shuttles to the port until after we were at the hotel. Includes full breakfast and free cocktails!!! in the evening. Not much parking if you plan to drive( 10.00 valet and 7.00 self parking per day)

Across the street are restaurants and shopping center with grocery stores drugstore, etc - perfect for us, we always forget something. The hotel is large, 12 floors with a huge atrium with waterfall and tropical plants. There is also a restaurant and outside pool with waterfall. Checkin time is 3:00 pm( I think ) but

when we arrived back from our cruise at 10:00 am they will let you check in if they have a room ready, which they did. They also have washing machines and dryers, coin operated.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the previous posters re. Comfort Inn Cruiseport on Stirling. They have a "gov't." rate, but they didn't ask us for ID proof. They have fee shuttle from the airport and then next AM to the piers. Very good value-after all it's probably only for 1 nite.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks TRButler...We are staying at the Springhill Suites on the night before we cruise on Dec. 2nd..I was so glad to see your recommendation as I got this from priceline for $45.plus tax and was hoping this was a good choice....HAPPY CRUISING Y'ALL!!

Don and Charlee East Tennessee

Sun Princess..12/02/04

RCL Monarch of Seas/ 10,2002

RCL Sov.of the Seas/ 03/1989

soaksupthesuntoo@wmconnect.com

Archived