Am I Crazy?

Star-Man

For the last six months, me and the GF had been planning to go down to melbourne once she finished school, long story short, she's going for two weeks and im not any more :(

So i got this idea last night, how about i went on a cruise (7 night delight, 24th of november) in one of the T grade cabins? All id need to do is find someone to share the cabin for the week with. Basically Id been looking forward to going to melbourne as much as she had and it was kind of like a light at the end of the tunnel for me as well as her. Now that light is kind of dead...

So, am i crazy to have this idea in my head? Should i take the fact that the last 3 cruises i tried planning have fallen apart and not think about it any more?

Unfortunately Sam, I'm going to have to throw a spanner in the works though.

The new booking conditions that came in when they decided to stop doing Schoolies Cruises are in effect for Cruise N737 (Pacific Sun departing Brisbane on 24th November) and therefore anyone under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the same cabin.

See the Children & Age Restriciton sections of the booking conditions on Page 88 of the P&O Cruises 2007-2009 (Edition 1) cruise book.

The new booking conditions that came in when they decided to stop doing Schoolies Cruises are in effect for Cruise N737 (Pacific Sun departing Brisbane on 24th November) and therefore anyone under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the same cabin.

See the Children & Age Restriciton sections of the booking conditions on Page 88 of the P&O Cruises 2007-2009 (Edition 1) cruise book.

ahh, thought that might come into effect.

oh well, thats another one thats not going to happen :(

Sam, come on ours on the 17th November from Brissy, Sun's maiden voyage from there:D I wouldnt mind sharing but at this stage we have bunks:eek:

Chez

xx

heh, thanks for the offer. But i still dont have a passport and thats why i was looking at the 24th. Oh well...

heh, thanks for the offer. But i still dont have a passport and thats why i was looking at the 24th. Oh well...

Well you could get one really quick??? and you havent done the South Pacific yet have you? I am looking forward to cruising from Brissy for a change and being in Noumea at night:) and going to Lifou of course!!

Chez

xx

So really.... all he needs is someone over the age of 21 to go with him and act as his 'guardian' then. Shouldn't be too difficult to find someone to share the cabin with you - I say go for it! Good luck!

Well you could get one really quick??? and you havent done the South Pacific yet have you? I am looking forward to cruising from Brissy for a change and being in Noumea at night:) and going to Lifou of course!!

Chez

xx

But passport cost adds like $200 to the whole cost then. Although i wouldnt mind doing the south pacific for a change.

So really.... all he needs is someone over the age of 21 to go with him and act as his 'guardian' then. Shouldn't be too difficult to find someone to share the cabin with you - I say go for it! Good luck!

Good point, any one on here want to go on a cruise? :rolleyes:

Hey Sam,

Come down to Melbourne and bunk at my house!!! No charge!! I would cruise with you but 4 in one year is really stretching it!! I will ask my son Sean (he's 21) if he wants to go with you on a cruise..he is looking for a holiday....Will ask tonight...what is the cost??

Kaz

Was $775 for the T grade cabin from one of the online places.

Although thinking about it now, im probably better off using the money to get my license and go and pick the GF up from the airport on the friday she gets back and using the extra towards the cruise in Jan we are looking at.

Was $775 for the T grade cabin from one of the online places.

Although thinking about it now, im probably better off using the money to get my license and go and pick the GF up from the airport on the friday she gets back and using the extra towards the cruise in Jan we are looking at.

You still want to pick the girlfriend up even though she dumped you for the Melbourne trip:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I just read about someone thinking they need a pssport for the sun 24/11/07, you do not need one.

He was looking to go on this cruise because he does not have one!

Yup, geoff pretty much answered it.

Also, i knew that ;) Did the same itinerary nearly a year ago

Hey Star-Man.

You still looking for someone? I might be interested, and I'm 21 so I can be your 'guardian' :P I'd have to look more carefully at finances such as flights etc (and I'm also going on a cruise in January) but I've never done a cruise up that way. Would be heaps of fun.

I'll have a closer look after I finish writing up my answer to this stupid take home exam. I use CC to procrastinate. :P lol If I start researching now I'll never finish it.

Does anyone know much about the justification of the new terrorism laws? :P

Hey Star-Man.

You still looking for someone? I might be interested, and I'm 21 so I can be your 'guardian' :P I'd have to look more carefully at finances such as flights etc (and I'm also going on a cruise in January) but I've never done a cruise up that way. Would be heaps of fun.

I'll have a closer look after I finish writing up my answer to this stupid take home exam. I use CC to procrastinate. :P lol If I start researching now I'll never finish it.

Does anyone know much about the justification of the new terrorism laws? :P

Only that there is no justification.

Archived