Are the Bridgecams Live?

wernew2cruising

Are they live or do they have a delay, does anyone know? Or do they get stuck on an image sometimes?

For example, I am watching Coral Princess right now, and according to her itinerary, she should have left port but the bridge cam shows otherwise. I understand there could be a departure delay but I am just wondering.

On a recent Royal Princess cruise, the bridge cam was out the entire time - much to the puzzlement of my mother who was trying to follow our cruise:) . Another time on the Golden, the wedding chapel camera showed the same people standing there for the entire 7 day trip. So to answer your question, yes, they can get stuck and when they do, they can sometimes stay that way for quite a while. When we reported it to the desk on the Royal (after my mother sent an email wondering where the heck we were), we failed to get anyone excited about it and believe it remained stuck for the next cruise as well:D

The bridge cames are always live with the exception your referring to....leaving port. For some reason Princess puts a hold on live transmission while their ships are leaving and entering port. Not sure why, possibly has something to do with security. Yes, there are times when a ship does leave port late.

Are they live or do they have a delay, does anyone know? Or do they get stuck on an image sometimes?

For example, I am watching Coral Princess right now, and according to her itinerary, she should have left port but the bridge cam shows otherwise. I understand there could be a departure delay but I am just wondering.

The webcam says it updates every 60 seconds and I have seen it update. I would guess it's current.

The bridge cames are always live with the exception your referring to....leaving port. For some reason Princess puts a hold on live transmission while their ships are leaving and entering port. Not sure why, possibly has something to do with security. Yes, there are times when a ship does leave port late.

except tonight.....:D

Sometimes they get "stuck" for whatever reason. (Lost Sat link for instance).

You can tell if they are updating or not. The GMT time is in the title. If that is not updating then the picture isn't

coral_bridge.jpg

Pre 9-11 I caught a full sequence of a friend's cruise leaving St. Thomas, capturing each minute's update. Were they surprised, and it was a spectacular sailing, that her husband had missed down in the cabin. It was interesting trying to work and capture each new picture each minute.

A few weeks ago I noted the sequence of the Tahitian Princess leaving Bora Bora. Maybe it is only some ports that have the blackout...(?)

I notice that when the Dawn Princess leaves San Francisco -- the live Cam stays fixed and does'nt show the ship leaving and going through the bay under the Golden Gate Bridge. Later the cam will show it at sea. I was disappointed in that respect.

I notice that when the Dawn Princess leaves San Francisco -- the live Cam stays fixed and does'nt show the ship leaving and going through the bay under the Golden Gate Bridge. Later the cam will show it at sea. I was disappointed in that respect.

I have seen the Dawn and other ships that go under the GG bridge many times on the web cam. But maybe the time you saw it, it might have been stuck.

Marilyn

Archived