How is the Concierge Class?

cruisindoggie

Oh u are a 'sweetie'!!

Just the info I was after - many thanks dear!!

I am on Mercury in a Sky suite for my first cruise with Celebrity. Sounds like a 'winner' to me alright..

Have u tried one of those and if yes, what is a good location on the ship as I am a bit mobility challenged.

I wld appreciate knowing how to access all this info on the X site. Have been trying and all I get is 'done' at the bottom with a blank screen - frustrating..!

Whatever, u are special for taking your valuable time to share with me and I most grateful..

Your moniker is soooo cute - I had an adored cat (passed away at 20 - had diabetis from age 12) so fully understand :0)

I wish u happy cruisin' also..!!

I'm happy to help. It's provide info for you or do housework - guess which makes me happier!;) I've never done a Sky Suite but I've seen some - they're lovely - I think they're romantic.

I've attached a link from the X site which will take you directly to the Merc info. Let me know if it doesn't work for you and we'll figure something out.

Happy cruising!!!

Denise

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do;jsessionid=00009rln6_yj8S-ZLBXxFa3_Ft0:12hdebdrn?shipCode=MR

You should also know that as an added amenity for Suites on C class ships (that's you), you'll be given a free pass to the t-pool for the duration of your cruise. It's a hard life, isn't it?;):D

Happy cruising! And welcome to your first X cruise!:)

Denise

I've been in CC and other balconies on Constellation and Infinity. Frankly, I don't think it's worth it. The towels are nice and the robes were big and fluffy, which I liked. The flowers, canapes, and "monogrammed" letterhead weren't worth it. I could have printed off my own letterhead and it looked better. The canapes are disgusting. Just go to afternoon tea and you'll have better snacks.

You may get bigger tables and lounge chairs on the balcony, but that doesn't matter to me either. Oh, I'm a woman so I didn't get my shoes shined either. There was nothing that really stood out to be worth the extra money. In addition, we're past passengers and have access to the same service (shore excursion preferences and dining preferences) so we never used the concierge.

I enjoyed having a regular balcony cabin. That's good enough. I expect concierge service anywhere to be exceeding expectations and this just wasn't worth it.

I am also trying to decide what class to pick on an Alaskan cruise aboard Infinity. A balcony is a must but am trying to decide about CC. It looks like it will end up being about $100.00 pp more. Just the debarkation in each port looks like it will be worth it. One thing I dont like about a cruise is waiting to get off the ship in each port.

I have done alot of Carnival and one RCL. Will Celebrity be a big step up?

I am also trying to decide what class to pick on an Alaskan cruise aboard Infinity. A balcony is a must but am trying to decide about CC. It looks like it will end up being about $100.00 pp more. Just the debarkation in each port looks like it will be worth it. One thing I dont like about a cruise is waiting to get off the ship in each port.

Hmmmmm. Step up? I don't know that I would say that. I've never been on Carnival or RCCL but I'm willing to bet both are very nice cruise lines. I heartily recommend and love X and I believe you'll love your Alaska cruise on board Infinty, but I'm sure the other two cruise lines have much to recommend them. I also know that there are many people who prefer the other two lines. When I look at the marketing campaigns for those 3 lines (Carnival, "fun"; RCCL, "exciting"; X, "indulged") I find that X fits my desires best. X likes to market itself as "Premium" but you'll find that a lot of posters have different ideas in this area.

As for CC or regular balcony? I paid an additional $200.00 pp for my in-laws for CC because I knew they would appreciate the little indulgences CC offers and it would enhance their cruise experience....but MANY other cruisers feel that paying for CC amenities is a waste. It's a really individual choice and there is no right or wrong answer. Only you know what will make you happy. Priority tendering alone may be worth it for you. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful cruise!:)

Welcome to X!:)

Happy cruising!:)

Denise

I've been in CC and other balconies on Constellation and Infinity. Frankly, I don't think it's worth it. The towels are nice and the robes were big and fluffy, which I liked. The flowers, canapes, and "monogrammed" letterhead weren't worth it. I could have printed off my own letterhead and it looked better. The canapes are disgusting. Just go to afternoon tea and you'll have better snacks.

You may get bigger tables and lounge chairs on the balcony, but that doesn't matter to me either. Oh, I'm a woman so I didn't get my shoes shined either. There was nothing that really stood out to be worth the extra money. In addition, we're past passengers and have access to the same service (shore excursion preferences and dining preferences) so we never used the concierge.

I enjoyed having a regular balcony cabin. That's good enough. I expect concierge service anywhere to be exceeding expectations and this just wasn't worth it.

"so we never used the concierge". there is no actual concierge to use! Well there is one that is for ALL to use but that it is a different story! It isn't the shore excursion prefernces being talked about - anyone can book online - they are talking about being able to get on the tender sooner, departing sooner, being able to have a hot breakfast brought to your room etc. And if you didn't like the canapes, why didn't you ask for a cheese plate instead?

We've only sailed Carnival once, but we felt there was a world of difference between Carnival and Celebrity. But, as many others have said, everyone enjoys something different.

We're going to try the CC cabin on the next cruise because it's located next to the Fam. View Cabin where we've booked our in-laws. The perks sound nice, but I could go either way. If you don't cruise often, I'd opt for booking the CC class just to see if you think it's worth it. Then, you'll have experienced it at least once.

We were upgraded to a suite once and discovered we really didn't enjoy having a butler. So, we won't pay for a suite unless it's the cabin we want. We'd be willing to pay more for a larger balcony, for instance, or more for an aft cabin because of the view.

Let us know when you return how Celeb. compares to Carnival and RC for you. Thanks.

I'm happy to help. It's provide info for you or do housework - guess which makes me happier!;) I've never done a Sky Suite but I've seen some - they're lovely - I think they're romantic.

I've attached a link from the X site which will take you directly to the Merc info. Let me know if it doesn't work for you and we'll figure something out.

Happy cruising!!!

Denise

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do;jsessionid=00009rln6_yj8S-ZLBXxFa3_Ft0:12hdebdrn?shipCode=MR

Most grateful.

Giggle/snort/chuckle - really can relate to providing cruising info and housework...:0)

Have happy cruisin'!!

You should also know that as an added amenity for Suites on C class ships (that's you), you'll be given a free pass to the t-pool for the duration of your cruise. It's a hard life, isn't it?;):D

Happy cruising! And welcome to your first X cruise!:)

Denise

Gee - I shall be running around all day just to get all the amenities offered - will be a lot of work :0)..and now the t-pool as well - gosh - will it never end...!!! TeeeHeee

Hmmmmm. Step up? I don't know that I would say that. I've never been on Carnival or RCCL but I'm willing to bet both are very nice cruise lines. I heartily recommend and love X and I believe you'll love your Alaska cruise on board Infinty, but I'm sure the other two cruise lines have much to recommend them. I also know that there are many people who prefer the other two lines. When I look at the marketing campaigns for those 3 lines (Carnival, "fun"; RCCL, "exciting"; X, "indulged") I find that X fits my desires best. X likes to market itself as "Premium" but you'll find that a lot of posters have different ideas in this area.

As for CC or regular balcony? I paid an additional $200.00 pp for my in-laws for CC because I knew they would appreciate the little indulgences CC offers and it would enhance their cruise experience....but MANY other cruisers feel that paying for CC amenities is a waste. It's a really individual choice and there is no right or wrong answer. Only you know what will make you happy. Priority tendering alone may be worth it for you. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful cruise!:)

Welcome to X!:)

Happy cruising!:)

Denise

Just where are u cruisin'/when & why did u choose that itinerary?

Sometimes it can be fun and a learning experience to toss around the nuances of picking the details of a cruise - don't u think?

Hi

I was happy in an inside cabin years ago, also in a outside with a big port hole ( RCI). I was happy with a " regular balcony" and I also was happy in my very first Concierge Class Cabin on board Infinity this year to Hawaii.

Honestly the best thing about the CC (IMO of course) is the extended breakfest menu. I don´t care for the bits and pieces pre dinner ( I always as to stop bringing them) I don´t care for the bubbling. The extra covers on the balcony chairs are great as well.

As I sleep on every cruise like a baby- i don´t care much for the pillows.

Would I book CC again? Well depends on the bargain.

Happy Sailing ( which cabin grade you ever choose) !

Michael

Just where are u cruisin'/when & why did u choose that itinerary?

Sometimes it can be fun and a learning experience to toss around the nuances of picking the details of a cruise - don't u think?

Cruisecrasy - Happy to share my itin with you.:D We're booked for the Millie, April 6th, Eastern Carib. We've done the Carib a number of times and weren't looking for another Carib cruise, but.... My fil/mil live in Melbourne, FL and I have an aunt/uncle in Miami - we knew we would be having our annual FL trip next spring, AND my DH was complaining about cruise withdrawl. We had just returned from a family wedding back east in May so my in-laws were vulnerable to "family time" trips. A little arm twisting later and we get to visit family for a week while fulfilling my DH's cruise needs. I'll be brave and suffer through the cruise to please everyone else;).

We're considering a Canada/New England cruise in the Fall of '09, but the ones that really have me tossing around itins, are the Med and European cruises. So many choices, so little time!;)

Enjoy your SS and be sure to let me know every detail!:D

Happy cruising!

Denise

Here's what made me a CC believer: On board the Mercury last year, my husband and son had gone to watch the movie; I was sitting on our balcony, reading. Bernard, our cabin steward, had brought fresh flowers to our room when he noticed me on the balcony. He came outside and asked why we weren't at dinner (it was lobster night). I told him that my husband and son were at the movie, and that we'd grab a burger at the grill when they got back. He couldn't believe it, but I told him that it was no big deal. Well, as my husband and son arrived at our cabin door, so did Bernard, with three complete lobster dinners! He absolutely insisted that we not miss out. That's the level of service we had for 7 days, and it's why we've booked CC for our cruise back up to Alaska on the Infinity next year!

Cruisecrasy - Happy to share my itin with you.:D We're booked for the Millie, April 6th, Eastern Carib. We've done the Carib a number of times and weren't looking for another Carib cruise, but.... My fil/mil live in Melbourne, FL and I have an aunt/uncle in Miami - we knew we would be having our annual FL trip next spring, AND my DH was complaining about cruise withdrawl. We had just returned from a family wedding back east in May so my in-laws were vulnerable to "family time" trips. A little arm twisting later and we get to visit family for a week while fulfilling my DH's cruise needs. I'll be brave and suffer through the cruise to please everyone else;).

We're considering a Canada/New England cruise in the Fall of '09, but the ones that really have me tossing around itins, are the Med and European cruises. So many choices, so little time!;)

Enjoy your SS and be sure to let me know every detail!:D

Happy cruising!

Denise

The Can/New England one we did on RCLs Jewel of the Seas several yrs ago - it was great. U will have a wonderful time..

The tree colors were stunning at times & the slight smoky smell in the air just added to the ambiance & the 'food' - lobsters in particular - are worth the trip..Fascinating ports and I just loved our departure city - Boston - so 'old' & full of history..

My first one with Celebrity that I was researching the Sky suite for, is the 9 day Wine cruise - Vancouver, Canada to San Diego (one of my favorite cities) in Oct next yr.

When I saw that wine cruise on the Mercury thought 'what am I waiting for' and your most helpful tips & advice cemented the deal.

I just know we will have a wonderful time - but got to have my annual Alaska cruising fix :0) first (RCLs Serenade May/08)

Did a Med cruise many yrs ago and from what I remember u will love it - I highly recommend it..

Wld also love to hear about your experiences and reactions on your cruises & especially to Europe/Med since it has likely changed a lot since we went. Understand your comment re: travelling with relatives(been there, done that) Gorgeous weather will likely compensate not to mention someone doing the cooking & cleaning hmmm? Sure works for me...

As far as 'so many choices so little time' - may I add in my case 'so little money' also :0)

Really look forward to reading your further posts..

Most happy cruisin' dear!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know about the "New Sunset Vista Suites" on deck 10 (penthouse deck) located on the stern. Some say that when the Mercury was in dry dock in San Francisco in April, the balconies were added.

Has anyone stayed in one of the new suites..........and what do you think? Do you have pictures that you can share with us??

Are the cabins as large as they were when they were premium cabins, plus a balcony being added?? Any information would be appreciated.

Rick

Rick, Char and her husband had one of these on Century and did not like it. I remember her saying they were very disappointed. Maybe you can search and find her posts about Century and get the details. I know she said there was no privacy.

Can anyone confirm if you get priority tendering on CC cabins, as mentioned earlier in the thread. I could not see it on the list of benefits, unless it comes under the general heading of disembarkation, which I took to mean the end of the cruise.

Many thanks

I am under the impression it does and I do hope so.

Does anyone know about the "New Sunset Vista Suites" on deck 10 (penthouse deck) located on the stern. Some say that when the Mercury was in dry dock in San Francisco in April, the balconies were added.

Has anyone stayed in one of the new suites..........and what do you think? Do you have pictures that you can share with us??

Are the cabins as large as they were when they were premium cabins, plus a balcony being added?? Any information would be appreciated.

Rick

Rick, we were on Mercury on April, and were actually the first passengers to stay in one of the newly added balconied aft FV cabins. I don't have any pictures, but we did enjoy the space. With the balcony added, the cabin has an appearance of being quite a bit more open. It's not as large as the FV cabin on an M-Class ship, but very nice.

Karyn

When the 'M' class ships were launched they had a class of balcony rooms 1A, 1B, 1C that they changed to 'CC' class a couple years ago. The CC rooms are 20 sq ft larger. The A,B,C designations were location designations and the price varied some. I just got off Infinity FLL to SAN Panama Canal cruise in CC class. We wanted 3 rooms together and this was what was available. We did not use the tender boarding priority because we booked tours on those days and went with those groups. The other perks are so so. The last few days we told the room steward to keep his little canapés. We went through the 3 bottles of Champagne the first day. No complaints there.

My sister and I booked a ocean view balcony cabin on Vista Deck for our upcoming 14-day Alaska cruise on Mercury out of SF. A couple of months ago, prices dropped. For the same price as our balcony room, we upgraded to a CC room on the Sky Deck - one of the four "corner" rooms that have LARGE balconies. When prices dropped AGAIN a few weeks ago, we just took the money. We won't upgrade unless the prices of a Sky Suite come WAAAAAY down!

Karenlynne

Archived