How Much Spending Money For 12 Nights / South Pacific?

LuckiePuris

sounds like good idea.

On the scrapbooking site i visit they allow you to make up your own name when you reach a certain level. As the site is called 2 peas most have pea or something in their name.

maybe we can just make up our names and add them to our signatures

We had that on the bridal forum I was part of too. After 600 posts you got to choose your own title. I made mine "Step Away From The Bride". It's good advice on most days ;) They also had little stars, hearts, icecream cones etc to indicate what 'level' you were at in the forum. Levels were based on post count.

I love the idea of having something other than cool cruiser under my name! I wanna be a barnacle!! hahaha I love it :D:D

Hi, I am going on a 12 night cruise on South Pacific (P&O Cruise).

How much money should I take? I dont want to go on this holiday which my friend and I have saved for months, and then get there and not be able to experience everything because we are watching our money.

We are two women in our twenties so ofcourse are interested in perhaps a massage if they dont cost too much!

Does anyone have a basic cost outline they use when calculating how much money to take?

Thanks heaps!!

P.S. Also, I know that the ship accepts credit cards but not ATM cards. my question though is in relation to the new ANZ Visa Cards. Like a credit card, but you can only use the money in your account, like a normal ATM Debit card.

Will this card work on P&O Ships?

Thanks everyone!!

Hey LuckiePuris,

When do you go on your cruise? My partner and I are going on a cruise in feb with a bunch of friends, we are trying to save up to $2,500 to $3,000 together for a 7 day cruise. I think this will actually probably be too much money, but id rather have to much then not enough. We only really want to do the village tour in vila which is about $60 each i think and apart from that we arent too fussed about shore tours. We would like to go parasailing at one port and i imagine that would be about $40 each, its more the drinks that will cost money i think. the cocktails average about $7-13 each and a normal coke your looking at $2-3 so if your not a huge drinker but still if you want say 5 cocktails a day (hey... thats not a lot if you dont drink them consecuitvely sp??) then you already have $65 at the most, plus a few cokes your looking at like $12, so your already at $924.00 before massages (between $90-$150) shore tours... if i were you i would be looking at, like at least $1500.00

Just my opinion tho/

The trouble is, wine o'clock seems to come around earlier when at sea ??

we only spent $360 on shore tours and really didn't spend any extra while on shore. We managed to drink our way through about $1500 between the 2 of us in 7 days...:eek: the trouble is bottles of wine are pretty pricey (the cheapest was about $20 a bottle from memory...which obviously may not be reliable because we spent $1500 LOL)

We indulged in a face massage each ($130 ea !), which in hindsight was a complete wrought (sp?). the massage was nice but the 'used car salesman' type sales pitch at the end to buy all the products was a bit of a spoiler.

Go to Cambodia or Thailand next time. A full body massage for an hour in Thailand cost about $15AU and in Cambodia we had a full body salt scrub (skin felt like velvet after :cool: ) and then an hour for aromatherapy full massage for about $40AU. Bloody beautiful !! It's worth the airfare just to get the massage :D

cheers

nessie

Agree about Thailand and massages, we had heaps, although Andy was a bit scrared when they suggested they do one of his treatments "upstairs".........we had heard the stories about "happy finishes":eek:

Personally I dont go near the Spa on a cruise ship, get everything done before I go at half the price, and spend the time enjoying the sunshine:p

Chez

xx

The trouble is, wine o'clock seems to come around earlier when at sea ??

we only spent $360 on shore tours and really didn't spend any extra while on shore. We managed to drink our way through about $1500 between the 2 of us in 7 days...:eek: the trouble is bottles of wine are pretty pricey (the cheapest was about $20 a bottle from memory...which obviously may not be reliable because we spent $1500 LOL)

Our downfall was the photo's and the souveniers - we bought way too many on this cruise - going to have to show a bit of restraint on the 16 night cruise I think!

Archived