A little warning about OS1334 (Freedom Class)

Boo Boo

We had OS1334 on Indy last November (gusting force 12 in the Bay of Biscay!) and could hear the loo's being flushed. Was not very loud, and certainly did not worry us, and it seemed mainly to occur during the daytime.

We enjoyed the suite so much we booked it for January 2011, and loved the whole experience.

Richard

Do you know that this problem is not occurring on the Voyager size ships? I have GS 1324 on the Adventurer of the Seas, this suite is directly under the public rest rooms. I did a search of this room and came up without any info. Any opinions out there? Thanks

Just saw this issue is still being discussed.....I had OS-1334 on Liberty in May, 2010. Yes...flush flush flush. It is directly underneath the ladies restroom by the Windjammer. The room is absolutely fantastic, and the balcony is incredible, so I could "somewhat" ignore the flushing sounds. They are most prevalent during the morning when the Windjammer opens for breakfast, and during the day, when lunch is being served. So, forget about sleeping in or taking an afternoon nap. But, in the evening, no problem. I did send RCCL an e-mail voicing my concerns, but received the basic "sorry, we're looking into it" response. Kind of poor service for somone staying in an Owner's Suite. But, since the room was fantastic, and the price was right, I was able to tolerate the woosh woosh woosh of the toilets up above!

Do you know that this problem is not occurring on the Voyager size ships? I have GS 1324 on the Adventurer of the Seas, this suite is directly under the public rest rooms. I did a search of this room and came up without any info. Any opinions out there? Thanks

After reading this, I am looking too. I am booked in 1320 OS on the Voyager next year. It will be my first time in a suite on Royal. I was able to book it because it is a TA cruise and even though it is 14 nights, it came out cheaper than I have seen JS rooms on 7 night caribbean sailings.

While it is not directly under, I was wondering if the noise travels in that general vicinity.

Just saw this issue is still being discussed.....I had OS-1334 on Liberty in May, 2010. Yes...flush flush flush. It is directly underneath the ladies restroom by the Windjammer. The room is absolutely fantastic, and the balcony is incredible, so I could "somewhat" ignore the flushing sounds. They are most prevalent during the morning when the Windjammer opens for breakfast, and during the day, when lunch is being served. So, forget about sleeping in or taking an afternoon nap. But, in the evening, no problem. I did send RCCL an e-mail voicing my concerns, but received the basic "sorry, we're looking into it" response. Kind of poor service for somone staying in an Owner's Suite. But, since the room was fantastic, and the price was right, I was able to tolerate the woosh woosh woosh of the toilets up above!

Thank you for responding. We will be in 1334 on Liberty next sunday. I'm a pretty sound sleeper and I bring my ipod and sound dock. I took it when the price dropped and it was $2,000 more than my balcony cabin. I know it usually goes for much more.

• 2 months later...

Archived