What was your favorite excursion?

scher

It's hard to decide - I have loved most every excursion I have gone on!

Loved the zipline in PV, and the Loterie Park Tree Adventure in St. Maarten.

Also loved the waverunning in Labadee - a fave with the kids.

Kayaking to Lover's Beach was also loads of fun in Cabo.

Enjoyed mountain biking in PV.

I can't pick just one!!!

The ones I mentioned were. Where exactly are you sailing to? That might make the information we're giving more relevant to you...

Happy Sails,

Annette

Hi Annette! We are having a reunion cruise on the Mariner Aug. 30/09 if you are interested.

We are going to Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, St Kitts, St Thomas, and San Juan. It is not really that I am looking for information on the places I am going, but I would not mind any experiences that give me some. I just want to hear goods and bads and comparatives between RCCL excursion and private ones. I imagine some of RCCL could be better then private ones and vice versa.

All my excursions have been booked through Royal. I don't think I've had a bad one and most of them have been highly enjoyable.

Here's a listing, not all of them but most of them:

White water rafting in Costa Rica.

Xunantunich ruins in Belize. We had a really excellent tour guide, plus we were the only ones at the ruins.

Horseback riding where you go swimming with the horses. I did this with Carnival but I think Royal has something similar.

America's Cup Regatta in St. Maarten.

Helicopter ride over Monserrat out of Antigua.

Timami catamaran in Barbados.

Original Canopy Tour from Ocho Rios.

Pirate Encounter in Grand Cayman.

Mexican Cuisine cooking class in Cozumel.

I book through the cruise line because hey, I'm lazy. It's easy and I don't mind paying more for the convenience.

What was your most favorite excursion booked through RCCL? Not ones that were private. I want to know what the best excursions RCCL has to offer.

That depends on where you are cruising. Last month, we cruised to Alaska aboard the Radiance. We had three tours which we really loved:

(1) touring glaciers by helicopter and setting down and walking on one, (2) whale watching and (3) riding the Whitehorse Railway. If you are not traveling to Alaska, you wouldn't understand, as I may not understand excursions in Hawaii or in the Caribbean -- although I have been to the latter with HAL, and there my favorite was swimming with stingrays in Stingray City at Grand Cayman Island.

Again, tours are offered which match your ports of call. I think your question is a little too general.:confused:

That depends on where you are cruising. Last month, we cruised to Alaska aboard the Radiance. We had three tours which we really loved:

(1) touring glaciers by helicopter and setting down and walking on one, (2) whale watching and (3) riding the Whitehorse Railway. If you are not traveling to Alaska, you wouldn't understand, as I may not understand excursions in Hawaii or in the Caribbean -- although I have been to the latter with HAL, and there my favorite was swimming with stingrays in Stingray City at Grand Cayman Island.

Again, tours are offered which match your ports of call. I think your question is a little too general.:confused:

You think it is too general a question.........maybe because you don't understand it. I asked if you took it through the cruise line or privately which most of the time there is the choice to do either. You mentioned your favorite was swimming with the Sting Rays and I am asking if it was a private or a RCCL sponsored tour. It is not a general question if you understand it. By the way how is you great money making idea working out?

Scher, add me to the list of fans of The America's Cup Sailing Regatta in St. Maarten.

In St. Thomas: The Turtle Cove Sail & Snorkel. A great schooner (the Doubloon). A friendly captain and crew that take good care of you. Very good snorkeling with all kinds of fish, sea turtles and coral. A pleasant sail back to the harbor with lots of tasty drinks being served. All in all, a most excellent 3.5 hour RCCL ship excursion.

Jack

My most memorable excursion was on the historic train in Panama that runs along side the entire Panama Canal. This train is the very one used to transport workers and materials during the building of the Canal.

It was a picturesque ride. Then you go by bus to tour some of the local scenic and historic spots. Then you take the train back. I think it took about four hours maybe longer. A small snack is served.

My most memorable excursion was on the historic train in Panama that runs along side the entire Panama Canal. This train is the very one used to transport workers and materials during the building of the Canal.

It was a picturesque ride. Then you go by bus to tour some of the local scenic and historic spots. Then you take the train back. I think it took about four hours maybe longer. A small snack is served.

I understand the Panama Canal itself is a great thing to see, The train sounds like a great excursion.

Stingray City, Grand Cayman and Canoe Glacier float in Juneau Ak this past July, but for sure #1 so far is Stingray City. What an amazing experience!!:D

We purchased diskettes taken of our experiences with the stingrays. At work, my wallpaper showed me holding a stingray. We'll never forget the experience either!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Archived