Carnival Freedom

cruisesomewhat

Hello,

This is my first post. I will be on the Carnival Freedom for the 11/24/2007 sailing to the Western Carribean. This will be my second cruise.

If anyone has been on the Freedom, please tell me some things I need to know about the ship. Also, if anyone has been to the Western Carribean, please let me know what kind of experience you had.

Also, has anyone had a situation where they had to show there passport to get back on to the ship from any of the ports in the Western Carribean? Is a copy of your passport sufficient enough. I would prefer to leave my passport on the ship. This will also help me decide on which one of these I will need to buy-

If I don't need to bring my passport off the ship:

http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/wallet.html

If I do need to bring my passport off the ship:

http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/smallunicase.html

Thanks!

Welcome to this board! We will be sailing on the Freedom 1 month after you. We have been on the Liberty, which is Freedom's sister ship. Had a great time. Lots of activities, movie screen on deck, and a brand-new ship - what else can one ask for! As for needing passports to get back on the ship - you will just need your sign and sail card and your driver's license. (need both cards to get thru each port's security checkpoints to get to the ship, and sign and sail to re-board) Have never needed a passport to get back on, though we have heard of people bringing them off the ship. Have a great time.

Hello,

This is my first post. I will be on the Carnival Freedom for the 11/24/2007 sailing to the Western Carribean. This will be my second cruise.

If anyone has been on the Freedom, please tell me some things I need to know about the ship. Also, if anyone has been to the Western Carribean, please let me know what kind of experience you had.

Also, has anyone had a situation where they had to show there passport to get back on to the ship from any of the ports in the Western Carribean? Is a copy of your passport sufficient enough. I would prefer to leave my passport on the ship. This will also help me decide on which one of these I will need to buy-

Thanks!

Hi

I don't think you are supposed to take your passport off the ship with you. From posts that I have read earlier, you should store it in your room's safe. You should make a copy of it or take the little passport card that came with it with you.

If you are looking for reviews on the Freedom, do a search for recent reviews. The ship hasnt sailed in the Caribbean as far as I can tell, only in Europe, so if you are looking for Western Caribbean info on the ship you wont find it in those reviews. Western is not my fave, but I loved Grand Caymen and would love to do a land vacation there. Someday..........

Hello,

If anyone has been on the Freedom, please tell me some things I need to know about the ship. Also, if anyone has been to the Western Caribbean, please let me know what kind of experience you had.

Thanks!

Well, those look really nice, but you will only need a copy of your Passport. And the is perfect for your Credit Cards, money and Sail and Sign card wish you need to back on the ship.

I have been on the Western Caribbean, we went to Cozumel/Grand Cayman/Ocho Rios, if those are your ports, which I doubt they are, you will have a fabulous time. My all time favorite cruise.

And welcome to the board.

We just returned from the Ecstasy a couple of weeks ago & went to Cozumel & Progresso. The Cruise Director told us to be sure & take our passports with us when we went ashore. You do not need them to get back on the ship, but if for some reason you were to miss the ship, you would need your passport in order to get out of Mexico. They will not let you back into the US without one. They said it could take 2 or 3 weeks to get everything sorted out if you didn't have your passport with you.

As for the Freedom..................just get a strong pair of sunglasses to help you with the loud decor. Also remember that deck 5 is the only deck that goes all the way from one end of the ship to the other. We didn't have any problems as we had been on Conquest class ship before & knew how to get around. Actually Freedom is a very nice ship, good crew, etc., but I just don't care for the decor.

Well, those look really nice, but you will only need a copy of your Passport. And the is perfect for your Credit Cards, money and Sail and Sign card wish you need to back on the ship.

I have been on the Western Caribbean, we went to Cozumel/Grand Cayman/Ocho Rios, if those are your ports, which I doubt they are, you will have a fabulous time. My all time favorite cruise.

And welcome to the board.

Actually I will be going to Cozumel, Grand Caymen, and Ocho Rios. I'm looking forward to it.

Actually I will be going to Cozumel, Grand Caymen, and Ocho Rios. I'm looking forward to it.

Generally, it's best to leave your passport in your room safe. You'll need picture ID, driver's license or some such and your Sail and Sign card to go on shore. If there's an emergency your passport can be retrieved or verified by the staff on the ship.

You'll love Coz. Wonderful place.

The rum cake in George Town is amazing and you MUST climb the falls in Ocho.

Enjoy!

Hello,

Thanks!

Well, "Cruisesomewhat" - you are not alone! This is also my first post, my second cruise, AND I'm going to join you on Carnival Freedom's Western Carribean cruise on 11/24/07! I cruised Celebrity to Bermuda in 4/06 with my 79-year-old mother and a sister. It was wonderful, but I could only think of how much more wonderful a cruise would be with my husband! So, ever since 5/06 I have scoured the discount cruise companies and finally found what seems to be the perfect cruise with a super price, great ports, and best of all - it's over our 25th wedding anniversary! I'm SO looking forward to it and though I've been on one cruise, I certainly don't know enough about cruising yet and am learning so much by reading the boards. Thanks to everyone! I have spent many, many hours reading posts when I should be sleeping - I work 3rd shift every single night and sleep doesn't come easily for me. The excitement of the cruise doesn't help me sleep, either, of course! I can't wait for one whole week to be sleeping like a "normal" person - at night, and WITH my hubby!

Happy Cruising, Everyone!

Archived