Princess Cays question

HMSDingy

No you don't. You may chose to lay in the sun or shade, on lounger or in hammock. You may swim, snorkel, or pay to use all sorts of water craft. Or you can stay on the ship and enjoy the peace and quiet. Ship or island are your only choices.

No you don't. You may chose to lay in the sun or shade, on lounger or in hammock. You may swim, snorkel, or pay to use all sorts of water craft. Or you can stay on the ship and enjoy the peace and quiet. Ship or island are your only choices.

Thank you...that's the answer I was looking for not the one from the first poster. We missed Princess Cays in the past because of weather so we have never been there.

I'm sorry I've never been to the Bahamas...I mean't can we leave Princess Cays and travel about.

As a country, the Bahamas is made up of hundreds of different islands....The Princess beach (Princess Cays) is not a separate island but is a beach area on the southern tip (west side) of the long, narrow island of Eleuthera ...you can easily find it on Google Earth.

There is really nothing else in the area to go to

I was not trying to be a smart a**...I was trying to understand the question

Yes, there are tenders that shuttle folks back and forth all day. If you're looking for a quiet beach area, when you get off the tender go to your left. Keep walking and eventually you'll see the last lounge chair. That's where you always find me. :cool:

Actually if you go to the right and walk to the far end there is a gate, you must show ID to go thru. On the other side of the gate there are local venders selling things. Also you can walk up the beach on either side, we must have walked over a mile, no gate and no ID. On the right side there is a very old cemetary with markers. But if you go you need to wear shoes, it is very rocky at some places. Funny story - while walking we came upon people from the ship who were experiencing the feel of air all over their bodies. They did not have a problem with this, they actually walked up and talked to us. WOW talk about keeping eye contact when talking!

As a country, the Bahamas is made up of hundreds of different islands....The Princess beach (Princess Cays) is not a separate island but is a beach area on the southern tip (west side) of the long, narrow island of Eleuthera ...you can easily find it on Google Earth.

There is really nothing else in the area to go to

I was not trying to be a smart a**...I was trying to understand the question

No harm done...sorry for my abrupt reponse. ;)

Yes, there are tenders that shuttle folks back and forth all day. If you're looking for a quiet beach area, when you get off the tender go to your left. Keep walking and eventually you'll see the last lounge chair. That's where you always find me. :cool:

We went way to the right this spring and had the same situation. We went early and enjoyed all the beach activities before heading back around noon or so. I wouldn't call it quite private beach like, but there really weren't many in the area I was in, and only about 10 people snorkeling. I like that :)

Archived