Would you go alone?

bostonlass

See, there are NICE guys! I TOLD you the glass was half full! Don't judge one bad experience on a life long visual! Trust me..one day you will read my book!

MR...so and so..thanks for dropping by! Nice guys don't always finish last!

Meanwhile ladies...enjoy! Eat, drink and laugh til it hurts! Or you have to pee! Whatever comes first!

Let's book a cruise in the future!!

Cheers! Keep that PMA!

Preciouscheryl,

Are you really originally from IL or were you just addressing the nice comment to me since my profile says I live in IL? In any event, I live just outside of St. Louis. My original home state is Kentucky.

Vince

See, there are NICE guys! I TOLD you the glass was half full! Don't judge one bad experience on a life long visual! Trust me..one day you will read my book!

MR...so and so..thanks for dropping by! Nice guys don't always finish last!

Meanwhile ladies...enjoy! Eat, drink and laugh til it hurts! Or you have to pee! Whatever comes first!

Let's book a cruise in the future!!

Cheers! Keep that PMA!

As much as I love FL, I was born and raised in Chgo! Went to U of I in Champaign-Urbana! Graduated w/ BS in '79...showing my age! And..proudly so! 1048v.gif

Later, moved to Bartlett and ..guess what! Orlando, FL! One of my roomies form college was from St. Louis! Small World! So they say at Disney, anyway! :p

Chin up to all! Get a fortune cookie..or two! I don't like chocolate! Sorry!! More for you!!

He preciouscheryl...a future cruise does sound great. Keep track of me on the boards and let's see how things go - maybe one of the group cruises planned here or on other sites for 2005? I'll know more after I manage to find a place and get settled. I learned this past week and this week that he has been strategically planning for quite some time, more than a year...everything including our house, my car, etc., was put in his name only...a secret po box in another city, a 2nd secret cell phone, etc., etc. So after 3 attempts to get into a townhouse an agent was kind enough to tell me that the reason I was being turned down was because according to the 3 major credit reporting agencies I've been non-existent in the last 5 1/2 years and in this case, no credit is worse than bad credit. Boy am I a bad judge of character-sure does make you wonder about ever trusting again. I know this for sure - IF I ever let another man in my life....legal agreements will be signed upfront! No matter how much you love and trust someone, nothing is for certain.

will get off by soap box for now, but wanted to touch base and say hello to your post response and I'm a survivor and will get through this - faith and hope and self-respect will be my guides...

This post caught my eye. I am not single but I have travelled alone many times without my husband (believe someone who was married to a man she did not have the nerve to break the engagement to, you are lucky)... and I love it.. I go where I want, when I want. Yes I like to travel with him but alone is wonderful too.. Have fun!!!!

Oh my gosh!!! You have got to be kidding!! I think I've heard it all now! Bless your heart. So much went on and for SO long! You have a great attitude NOW, so keep it and stay positive. Just don't keep your guard up forever! Use common sense..FOR SURE!

Nliedel..congrats on your upcoming new addition! Thanks for your words of encouragement!

I have been divorced for almost 14 yrs and raised 3 kids alone. Two in college and one graduating HS this yr. Trust me..I could write a book by now! But, my glass is always half full! Every experience is a learning experience! Stay in close touch with good friends!

Here's to future cruising!! Girls just wanna have fun!!

I think I should make it clear (at my poor husbands insistance) that the man I married who was the "wrong man" is not my wonderful husband of 10+ years and the father to my adorable, yet obnoxious, boys!! He was a little shocked by my post.. Serves him right for reading over my shoulder ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Bostonlas,

I feel for you but I can tell that the cruise will do wonders for you. I lost my husband a week before our first cruise aug 03. That believe me was very hard but I have two sons ages 14 and 15 and I didnt know what to do about the holidays,so I took them on the NCL Dawn for xmas week. There is something about being on the sea that just makes things alright. Believe me I had my moments but the people on that ship just made it so wonderful for us that for a holiday that could have been spent at home crying most of the time

my kids and I had something else to focus on to get us through.

I say Focus on what will make YOU happy at that time and kick the rest to the curb. GO FOR IT AND MAKE A MEMORY! It will be worth it.

P.S I loved that cruise so much that I took another one this past Aug and Im already looking to go back.

Life is way to short.

Joanne

• 3 weeks later...

in spite of the sad reason this thread started it's a great thread.

yes, GO! only a few days now for the original poster. hope she goes, has awesome time.

for the poster whose mil invited some other relative - be nice but tell her to get lost. you'll love having your own space and sharing with an aunt of the bum won't help you.

am traveling solo to south america this year. hope to do antarctica next year!

lisa

well, i believe arrangements are finally made for the passenger switches on my trip. the s.i.l. is also my best friend so we are sharing my cabin and the aunt and m.i.l. will be in the other cabin. the money that the aunt gave me to join will take care of my cruise expenses and it was better than getting nothing at all.

moved into my condo on the 1st and now am frantic about getting things unpacked so i can find clothes for the trip and start packing again. could be a difficult task as i've already lost so much weight since this all started in March and keep losing and now i can't find summer clothes in our area... even the cruise clothes i had 2 years ago are way to big...now i'm in trouble

Archived