Not another alcohol smuggling thread...

Got some of my questions answered yesterday...Thanks to those that replied. I forgot to ask one though, do you think they would actually kick someone off the cruise for trying to bring, say...a 750ml bottle of vodka on board during boarding? Technically, per their rules...I guess they could go this far. Do you think they would? I want to bring a bottle to our cabin for a drink before bed, I plan to just bring it in the carry-on, no hiding or transferring it to a water bottle...if they take it, I'm ok with that. Just would hate to be kicked off for that.

Why take the chance. What if everyone here tells you it is ok and the worst they will do is hold it for you till the cruise is over. Then you are prohibited from boarding. Will you tell them, "Well, everyone on Cruise Critic said the worst you would do is hold it till the end of the cruise."

Sorry, not trying to be too negative, but why take the chance?

Got some of my questions answered yesterday...Thanks to those that replied. I forgot to ask one though, do you think they would actually kick someone off the cruise for trying to bring, say...a 750ml bottle of vodka on board during boarding? Technically, per their rules...I guess they could go this far. Do you think they would? I want to bring a bottle to our cabin for a drink before bed, I plan to just bring it in the carry-on, no hiding or transferring it to a water bottle...if they take it, I'm ok with that. Just would hate to be kicked off for that.

No I don't think they will deny boarding and/or put people off at the next port just for bringing alcohol onboard. While bringing alcohol onboard may be against RCI rules, it is a perfectly legal substance. I would imagine there would be quite a stink if RCI tried to do this. I think, for now, they are happy with threatening their passengers with severe action as per their Beverage Policy.

I'd be extremely surprised to hear that someone had been denied boarding for trying to smuggle a bottle onboard. More likely they'd deny an under 21 yo smuggling in water bottles, but...... and as you know, everything before but is bs, they can deny you boarding. So you have to make up your mind if it's worth it. As Spurs Fans said, it could happen, and I've never understood why people assume that because someone got a bottle onto the XXX of the Seas at Fort Liquordale, that anyone, anywhere is going to have the same result. Good luck with your decision, happy sailing.

I agree, can't imagine them kicking you off the ship. As long as you are fine with them "holding" it for you til the end of the cruise if they decided to take it ;) - then you will be fine.

I assume when you say you are "OK with that" that you are not planning on causing a scene or starting a fight or anything - or screaming about your "constitutional rights!".......:D :D :D Now that might get you kicked off.

There is that possiblility the they could remove one bottle from your checked baggage, but don't think it has or will happen often.

Now if you've got a suitcase with nothing in it but booze, you're probably asking for it to be taken away. Common sense has to prevail.

Aubie

There is that possiblility the they could remove one bottle from your checked baggage, but don't think it has or will happen often.

Now if you've got a suitcase with nothing in it but booze, you're probably asking for it to be taken away. Common sense has to prevail.

Aubie

Now, I find this post rather offensive. All my booze smuggling friends are fine examples of intelligent, resourceful human beings. To ever doubt their common sense is just wrong. ;) :) Besides that, everyone knows that you have to divide your bottles up among your suitcases - putting all the bottles in one bag is just asking for the ruination/breakage of fine alcohol...:D

Now, I find this post rather offensive. All my booze smuggling friends are fine examples of intelligent, resourceful human beings. To ever doubt their common sense is just wrong. ;) :) Besides that, everyone knows that you have to divide your bottles up among your suitcases - putting all the bottles in one bag is just asking for the ruination/breakage of fine alcohol...:D

Now, TW, no reason to get yourself in a wad.:mad: I'm sure that your boozer buds are quite resourceful. I was mearly pointing out that discretion should be the foremost concern. :D

Aubie

• 3 weeks later...

It's better to keep the bottles small as in minis (50ml), 200 or 375ml, in your checked luggage with other personal items (sunblock lotion and shampoo bottles) in a travel bags.

Also on our last cruise I bought a 1.5 litre and a 5 liter box of wine on shore to bring off the ship at the end of the cruise and ship's security didn't question them at all and let me carry both on. So you are better to not to bring the standard 750 or 1000ml bottles on which they tend to look for.

Nope. You are 90% guaranteed to have it taken from you if you put it in your carry on (why not put it in your checked luggage?) But, whereas they might take the booze from you, they wont kick you off. If you are concerned, just play dumb if they find it.

"oh!!?? You cant bring alcohol on board???"

As many have said the chances are quite slim you would be denied boarding, but they do reserve the right to do just that. I personally would not take the risk. The on board prices are no different than a typical "nice" bar in a large U.S. city.

And anyone who has any cruising experience under their belts will know that you don't try to smuggle a bottle in your carry-on luggage. If you're going to smuggle, you've got to learn how to do it right. Put it in your checked baggage like the rest of us. :p :D

LNF

I second this. Checked baggage all the way. :D :D :D

And no, they won't kick you off for one 750 ml bottle. RC is smart enough to avoid that kind of PR nightmare.

It's better to keep the bottles small as in minis (50ml), 200 or 375ml, in your checked luggage with other personal items (sunblock lotion and shampoo bottles) in a travel bags.

Also on our last cruise I bought a 1.5 litre and a 5 liter box of wine on shore to bring off the ship at the end of the cruise and ship's security didn't question them at all and let me carry both on. So you are better to not to bring the standard 750 or 1000ml bottles on which they tend to look for.

Making a mental note...

Archived