Last minute Booking

wskon

I always book early but have been looking at the Westerdam and the Zuiderdam over Thanksgiving. They both still have cabins available. I am wondering if anyone has booked last minute have the prices come down. I realize I may get to stay in the broom closet but figured it did not matter if the price was right. Thanks for any info.. Sandy This would be my 12th HAL cruise so I might get lucky. Which one of these two ships would be the best to go on. My DH and I are in our 60's.

I've heard of people getting good last minute deals, but we've never been able to do it that way as we have to plan so far ahead.

We met a couple on the Zuiderdam who booked a week before sailing and got an unbelievable deal on a Deluxe Verandah Suite - though this was in the summer and several years ago.

If you can swing it, it's a good time to go - we've gotten some of our best pricing for cruises right after Thanksgiving.

I pretty much book close to the sail date due to not being able to block out time very far out......................

great deals on the web site known for that and the thing I really like about that company is that you call and speak with a human to book......

a real T.A.

We just did a fifteen day back-to-back and I booked it sixteen days before departure and my T.A. got the documents to us and everything.

Those who are able to drive to the port, sail on short notice and don't care about a specific cabin grade have a tremendous advantage in terms of booking at the eleventh hour. There are several travel agencies in Florida that specialize in this business.

Zuiderdam and Westerdam are sister ships and very much alike. Why not choose the one with the itinerary you like best, the best price for the best cabin. Hope you get a wonderful 'deal' and have a great cruise. Let us know how you make out.

We have found that the weeks after Thankgiving and prior to mid Dec. are great for last minute deals-if you can swing it. Especially the first week of December.

That week seems like the "magical" week - we've gotten great deals for cruises departing during that time. :)

We also have gotten great deals for right after Thanksgiving and the first week of Dec. Overnight on the last night of the cruise they decorated the ship for Christmas. That was a magical sight to see the next morning. Almost like waking up on Christmas morning and discovering presents under the tree.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived