Replacing Mariner of the Seas????

dutch59

If I book the date that we want, actually with Liberty of the Seas, and that happens to be the one going to PC, how exactly does that leave or change things? If we do the Eastern (out of Miami) for example, and it then gets moved to PC, will the itinerary change?
That level of detail (the itinerary) is pretty much up in the air. RCI still has to decide to move a ship to Port Canaveral and what ship it would be . If you book Liberty and that is the ship that RCI moves to Port C, the company or your TA will contact you and work with you to rebook. They often offer some good deals.

You may want to skim over the ship about RCI moving the Monarch to Port Canaveral and how they handled people booked on Monarch: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=639342

That level of detail (the itinerary) is pretty much up in the air. RCI still has to decide to move a ship to Port Canaveral and what ship it would be . If you book Liberty and that is the ship that RCI moves to Port C, the company or your TA will contact you and work with you to rebook. They often offer some good deals.

You may want to skim over the ship about RCI moving the Monarch to Port Canaveral and how they handled people booked on Monarch: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=639342

I was curious what they were doing with those already booked on Monarch to see how RCI handles such a thing and went to read, after trying to skim 17 pages, I got bogged down and never found the relevant part, mostly folks saying hello to each other and where they lived I found.

Maybe you could sum it up for us how RCI is handling moving a ship already booked??

Maybe you could sum it up for us how RCI is handling moving a ship already booked??

Bascially, I think they gave folks good deals and price protected some sailings. Don't hold me to this as my memory is not perfect, but someone got a 7 nigher on Vision for the price she had paid for a short cruise on Monarch. RCI takes the initiative to contact folks but CC folks are more savvy and might want to be proactive and to contact their TA or RCI when the news comes out.

If I book the date that we want, actually with Liberty of the Seas, and that happens to be the one going to PC, how exactly does that leave or change things? If we do the Eastern (out of Miami) for example, and it then gets moved to PC, will the itinerary change?

Oh my gosh...that would be a real win! Hope that to be true...but you would have to call me "blue girl" if I had to hold my breath waiting for that to happen...though my hopes are now up! :)

Cheers! :)

Hey Pat. Our countdowns for FOS are running well but as you can see we are doing Enchantment soon.

Glad to hear about the ongoing negotiations. I really think there is a good chance Port C will get a 7 day ship. I would bet on a Freedom class ship. When this wonderful happening is announced, we should try to coordinate and sail together again. (still can't believe you will be getting off FOS as we are boarding).

Wow!! You are close to leaving soon!! :)

I am soooo envious! I bet you are all packed and your mind has already boarded the ship!

Maybe we should hold up cardboard signs of greetings while we "pass in the night" as I reluctantly disembark the Freedom. I promise to save some good times for you!

Though they may have to drag me kicking and screaming off the ship to give up my cabin! :D

We heard it was Liberty from friends who sailed Mariner back in September and live in Orlando... that would be nice. 7 nighters are nice but what I'd really like to see is a 10 nighter that hits Southern Caribbean (similar to Serenade) out of PC...

with the port expansion planned we may see it yet.

We love cruising out of PC... very efficient, easy to get to as airfare for us into Orlando is always very reasonable... convenient too!

It's bitter sweet but when you do a search on RCs website just for ships sailing out of PC in January of 2009, the only one that comes up is the first leg of Mariner's repo cruise... which sounds soooooooo nice:)

Wow!! You are close to leaving soon!! :)

I am soooo envious! I bet you are all packed and your mind has already boarded the ship!

Maybe we should hold up cardboard signs of greetings while we "pass in the night" as I reluctantly disembark the Freedom. I promise to save some good times for you!

Though they may have to drag me kicking and screaming off the ship to give up my cabin! :D

Not quite packed but pretty much decided what to take. I have a busy week between now and when we leave.

Thanks for promising to save some good times for me. Too bad you can stay on the ship and do a back to back.

I like the Mariner and will hate to see it leave. we just booked our 3rd cruise on the mariner. I had heard that they are thinking of bringing one of the genesis (sp) to PC but need to make the port deeper...maybe that is the upcoming expansion plans that we hear about.....I will miss the Mariner....

I like the Mariner and will hate to see it leave. we just booked our 3rd cruise on the mariner. I had heard that they are thinking of bringing one of the genesis (sp) to PC but need to make the port deeper...maybe that is the upcoming expansion plans that we hear about.....I will miss the Mariner....
We're hearing Geneis, Freedom and Voyager class.

Archived