I was looking at some posted menus

themishmans

I am not one for variety, as I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday. Cruises are my chance to try different food, as if I do not like it I did not pay for it. Usually when going out to eat I keep it safe, as I would hate to buy something and hate it. No matter if people post they like it or don't like it ... TRY IT! If you like it, you goggle for the recipe (or one similar), and if you don't you order two desserts! :o

I tried a number of chilled soups while in the Caribbean on the Pearl. They tasted like melted fruit ice cream! The coconut was my absolute favorite. But, just like everyone says, you need to taste it for yourself. If you don't like it, don't finish it.

I absolutely loved almost every chilled soup I have tried. I think there is some truth to the melted ice cream theory, but there are some really unique flavors.

I would often skip a salad course to get a soup and another appetizer. I could have had the salad too, but I only order what I can eat.

and I noticed a ot of chilled soups. Are these any good?

They are AWESOME!!! Like smoothie in a bowl. I hadn't had chilled soups before I started cruising, but they're addictive. I'm with Dingo -- I'll skip a course to have another chilled soup, AND I've been known to order it for dessert. :rolleyes:

One caveat: I had one on Carnival last month that was _hideous_. NCL does them consistently well.

They are AWESOME!!! Like smoothie in a bowl. I hadn't had chilled soups before I started cruising, but they're addictive. I'm with Dingo -- I'll skip a course to have another chilled soup, AND I've been known to order it for dessert. :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more!

Some of the soups sound strange, but I've enjoyed them all. But as others have said they can be rich and I've had them for desert instead.

Also, there have from time to time been reports that they are sometimes offered in the buffet instead of the main dining rooms, so it might be worth a trip thru the buffet just to check and see.

Mmmmmmm. Chilled fruit soups :) . One of the best things about cruising, at least if you listen to what my kids have to say!

My favorite was a chilled peach and something on the Pearl last May. They also did an apple one that was wonderful. The ones I normally like the best are the "cream of (something fruity)". Some of the other chilled soups are kind of odd. They definitely had them in the buffet on the Pearl. I've never noticed them being available in the buffets on the other ships -- but hadn't looked closely. They weren't with the other soups and salads, but down closer to the station where they were serving burgers, I believe. We stopped and had a bowl on our way to one of the specialty restaurants, as we didn't think they'd be available there.

The ones I normally like the best are the "cream of (something fruity)". Some of the other chilled soups are kind of odd. They definitely had them in the buffet on the Pearl. I've never noticed them being available in the buffets on the other ships -- but hadn't looked closely. They weren't with the other soups and salads, but down closer to the station where they were serving burgers, I believe. We stopped and had a bowl on our way to one of the specialty restaurants, as we didn't think they'd be available there.

Ute-we're sounding alike again. Someday we gotta cruise together!

OH I HOPE THEY'RE AVAILABLE ON THE PRIDE OF ALOHA WHEN WERE THERE IN A COUPLE MONTHS!!!

I agree, Monte! One of these days we need to work on that plan.

I'm curious to know how you like the NCLA experience. My DD would LOVE to go to Hawaii - so, of course, we took her to Alaska instead for her HS graduation a few years ago :D . I would, however, really like to get her to Hawaii, so make sure you let us know how you like it when you get back.

so make sure you let us know how you like it when you get back.

Absolutely! Hopefully, with my enjoyment of my NCL cruises, it'll be easy for me to pick up on how I see the differences between NCL & NCLA.

I'll try to be as objective as possible

Archived