I need Wisdom...I need help...

I find Lamb's Wool to be the best thing to help when I have problems with my feet. If your blisters are open then best to cover with sterilized gauze then put lots of lamb's wool over it to protect the area. Most major drug stores sell lamb's wool with their feet products. Hope this helps.

Another option is again to put sterilized gauze on the area then use tensor ankle braces.

Hope you get well soon.

Kathy

Thanks. Lamb's wool. Is it sticky on one side? I have never heard of it. Do you think Walmart carries it?

Wal-Mart or any drug store will carry lamb's wool. Look for it in the section where they sell Doctor Scholl's products and other foot products such as callous files, shoe liners, moleskin (another thing that might protect your blisters), gel insoles, athlete's foot sprays and creams, etc.

I don't recall if lamb's wool has a self-sticking variety or not.

Way back in my marathoning days I used to fashion a layer-by-layer cushion of moleskin with a hole in for the heel blister. Thus, the blistered skin was "floating" in air, while the surrounding skin sat on the soft moleskin. Moleskin can be bought in self-sticking sheets and cut to size to fit your needs, so you can engineer your own blister cushion.

I have seen gel cushions that had a hole in the center that would do about the same thing, but with self-engineered moleskin , you can make the hole exactly where you need it.

Another thing I always did to try to prevent blisters was rub Vaseline (petroleum jelly) all over my feet before I ran. This works very well, but Vaseline can stain your shoes with a greasy stain.

Have to agree with the above poster. Compeed blister covers are fantastic. I am also diabetic and use these quite a lot (especially with new shoes).

Try Compeed blister plasters, they're amazing. Scholl blister plasters are also excellent. I'm diabetic so have to be careful with my feet but I've used both these products with no ill-effects.

Where can you get these? Walmart? A drug store?

My feet are killing me this morning. It looks like I have 2 huge red eyes staring from the back of my feet. I am just glad I wore the shoes now and not waited until our cruise. That would have been disaster!!!

Too late now, but a "Boy Scout" trick we teach the Scouts when they first start into the hiking phase...

Part of the 'first aid' kit we build for backpacking, along with the bandaids - creams and such.. is DUCT TAPE... a piece about one inch wide and about 1 to 2 ft long wrapped around a 35mm film canister...

At the first sign of a possible blister, before an actual blister occurs.. warm skin - reddish coloration - slight irritation ... place a 2" piece of tape over the area and put on a second pair of socks if possible.

Now, all that said... have not seen 'flesh colored' duct tape recently so can't say how that would work with ladies shoes...:D

Too late now, but a "Boy Scout" trick we teach the Scouts when they first start into the hiking phase...

Part of the 'first aid' kit we build for backpacking, along with the bandaids - creams and such.. is DUCT TAPE... a piece about one inch wide and about 1 to 2 ft long wrapped around a 35mm film canister...

At the first sign of a possible blister, before an actual blister occurs.. warm skin - reddish coloration - slight irritation ... place a 2" piece of tape over the area and put on a second pair of socks if possible.

Now, all that said... have not seen 'flesh colored' duct tape recently so can't say how that would work with ladies shoes...:D

Interesting! I actually might try this...did they actually have flesh colored duct tape at some point? I just can't believe how stupid I was for letting this happen. My heels are killing me today! Oh well. Live and learn. (old dogs can learn new things:o )

Archived