Atkins HELP!

Appgrad

I have been reading this board for a long time, but this is my first post. I have been on Akins since the 7th of July. I did REALLY well at first, but the last couple of weeks have been a struggle. For those of you who did Atkins, did your weight loss slow down dramatically after the first month or so? What did you do to kick it back into high gear?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have been reading this board for a long time, but this is my first post. I have been on Akins since the 7th of July. I did REALLY well at first, but the last couple of weeks have been a struggle. For those of you who did Atkins, did your weight loss slow down dramatically after the first month or so? What did you do to kick it back into high gear?

Thanks in advance for your help!

HELP IS HERE!!

Yes, I am yelling! Stop, I need your attention.! Do not quit! Do not be discouraged!

Ok, now I have you attention I can tell you the story.

I started Atkins the first time. Lost 20 pounds than stalled. I got discouraged and quit. Big mistake.

I started Atkins the second time a year or so later. Did great 17 pounds in 17 days. Lost 20 pounds and once again stalled. I didn't give up this time. Just reread the book. Went back to strick induction. Went on to lose 30 pounds in three months, Stalled. Went on to lose 50 pound in seven months, Stalled. This is were I started walking to kick it in the butt. Lost 70 pounds in one year. I have lost an another 10 pounds this year. Over the next two years my goal is to lose 20 more.

I look back and am sorry for the lost skinny time due to giving up and quiting the first time.

My advise to you is: your body seems to need time to adjust at certains point. I "think" this my be a part of the perment lost thing. Just go back and read the book to make sure you aren't having carb creep, easy to do. If you are use net carb food, try eating only pure foods for awhile. Last your body just may need to adjust. Stay on track and with time you see a jump one day.

Please don't give up. If you want I'll help you here or off boards if you want.

Mari were are you?

Good Luck,

Melody

Listen to Mel, she knows what she's talking about. :) You also have to look at Atkins as a way of life, not a diet per se. Stick with it and it will come off. I'll take Mel's advice too because I am also at a stall. But even with that, I'm 10 lbs lighter than when I started so I can't complain.

Beth

Melody and Beth are giving great advice. Stick with it. I too have lost quit a bit but go through "stalls". As they said....it is a way of life not a "diet". When I find that I let myself have just a few more carbs my body knows it. Unfortunately my body really likes carbs and wants to keep everyone one of them glued to my body. I stay away from the bars. I pretty much try to stick with the proteins but I try to vary them up quit a bit to keep variety in my menu so I don't "tire" of the same old foods. If I am going to have a "treat" I stick with the Atkins brand Endulge treats. Just remember to think of it as a way of life. Try to plan out what you are going to eat so that you can keep variety in your foods and you will be more like to "stick with it" (or at least that is what I find works for me). Hang in there....we are here for you! When you start feeling like going off track....jump on line and give us a shout. Also, I don't know if you are exercising or not but that could make a difference. My first month on Atkins I didn't exercise and lost quit a bit. The second month I started exercising and lost a bit too. The 3rd month though I didn't lose hardly any weight but the inches were still coming off. I attributed it to changing fat to muscle and as we have always heard "muscle weighs more". I was ok with this as long as the inches were coming off. I jsut stuck with it for the most part (nobody is perfect & certainly I am not). I try to eat mostly proteins. I try to go to Curves for Women 3 to 4 times per week but don't always make it due to work. The days I don't do Curves, I try to do a Leslie Sansone workout at home...1, 2, or 3 miles depending on how much time I have.

The 3rd month though I didn't lose hardly any weight but the inches were still coming off. I attributed it to changing fat to muscle and as we have always heard "muscle weighs more". I was ok with this as long as the inches were coming off. I jsut stuck with it for the most part (nobody is perfect & certainly I am not). I try to eat mostly proteins.

Skiiergirl brought up a good point I had forgottan. Measure your self. Find a garment that is reeeealy snug. Some times we get smaller without seeing the scales more. I dropped a pant size after I started walking. The scales showed a one pound gain.

I had one stale, after losing 70 pounds that lasted two months. Than one morning I found myself five pounds thinner.

I forgot to ask, how much do you have to lose? I had 120 pounds to go. If you only have 20 or 50, you can't excpect the same results.

Hope this helps

Thanks to all of your advise, I stuck with it and I am down 4 pounds as of this morning!!

THANK YOU!!!

Great job Appgrad! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay the course and yell if you need help again:)

If Luck holds and Frances gets the H&^%L out of there will see you all on the 22nd.

Melody

Archived