another food question

TXRed

:D I have been reading the board and the reviews.....we are going to Alaska on the Star next September...how long is it light? I read that after 8:30 or 9PM the upcharge restaurants offer a 2 for 1..so I am wondering what that really means.....if the upcharge is $20 pp...does a couple pay $20 for both?..anyone who was on the Star please confirm this if possible. TIA

it depends on how late in sept. by the 17th, sunset was at 7pm. beginning of sept the sunset was a little past 7:30. by late august, you don't have the late night sunsets.

yes, on all the NCL ships, you need to check the newsletter every night to make sure when its offered. but IF it is offered, the meals are 1/2 price (or listed as 2 for 1). in cagney's that was the filets, the salmon, the chicken and (i think) the prime rib. not included in the 1/2 price special was the porterhouse steak, the lobster or the surf & turf. if unsure, just read the menu (it was posted on the very bottom of the menu) or ask your server. the prices have gone up, when we went the surcharge was $20 for the filet and such (we were billed $10 for the 1/2 price).

:D I have been reading the board and the reviews.....we are going to Alaska on the Star next September...how long is it light? I read that after 8:30 or 9PM the upcharge restaurants offer a 2 for 1..so I am wondering what that really means.....if the upcharge is $20 pp...does a couple pay $20 for both?..anyone who was on the Star please confirm this if possible. TIA

Yes, that is correct; if the normal price is $20.00 per person it will be $20 for two or $10 each. I do want to add one thing, you can not get the Lobster special or the 24 oz rib eye on the two for one.

Nita

it depends on how late in sept. by the 17th, sunset was at 7pm. beginning of sept the sunset was a little past 7:30. by late august, you don't have the late night sunsets.

yes, on all the NCL ships, you need to check the newsletter every night to make sure when its offered. but IF it is offered, the meals are 1/2 price (or listed as 2 for 1). in cagney's that was the filets, the salmon, the chicken and (i think) the prime rib. not included in the 1/2 price special was the porterhouse steak, the lobster or the surf & turf. if unsure, just read the menu (it was posted on the very bottom of the menu) or ask your server. the prices have gone up, when we went the surcharge was $20 for the filet and such (we were billed $10 for the 1/2 price).

toy, sorry I hadn't read your response before I posted mine which says about the same thing you are saying......

Nita

thanks to you and NITA as you both said the same thing (so I know it's correct...y'all have been terrific answering my questions)....my goodness who in the world would/could eat a 24oz steak!! I eat very little red meat....fish and fowl mainly.....so I'd pay extra for the lobster for sure!!:) So by your IF...I gather it is not always offered?

Demand for the specialty restaurants is pretty high - the most popular spots are always sold out.

I don't think they will be offering any discounts unless they are having trouble filling up the restaurant. That may vary from sailing to sailing. You will probably have to find out when you go.

Archived