Cleaning/pressing/dry cleaning services?

cnvh

Hubby and I are sailing on HAL for the first time (Noordam) in less than 2 weeks-- woohoo!

I have a question re: laundry services... hubby will have some shirts which we are hoping to have pressed before the first formal night, which I assume will be the second night of our 10-day sailing. (There are no facilities where one can iron one's own clothes, right?)

So, does HAL have some kind of service to send shirts out for pressing? If so, what is the cost and how quick is the turn-around time-- if we send them out the day we board, will they be back in time for our first formal night?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

Hubby and I are sailing on HAL for the first time (Noordam) in less than 2 weeks-- woohoo!

I have a question re: laundry services... hubby will have some shirts which we are hoping to have pressed before the first formal night, which I assume will be the second night of our 10-day sailing. (There are no facilities where one can iron one's own clothes, right?)

So, does HAL have some kind of service to send shirts out for pressing? If so, what is the cost and how quick is the turn-around time-- if we send them out the day we board, will they be back in time for our first formal night?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

Have you considered the Downy Wrinkle Remover spray? Unless the shirts have been wadded up and are totally wrinkled, this should make them presentable. And if you are worried about formal night, presumably he will be wearing a jacket.

After reading here about the spray, I have tried it on several kinds of clothes, and it works well on shirts. Hang the shirt up, spray each wrinkled area (one at a time) smoothing with your fingers.

I've used the HAL laundry services with good results, and chances are if you only need pressing, it can be done in time. But I'd experiment with the wrinkle remover spray before you go.

HAL's pressing/laundry/dry cleaning service is wonderful and the prices are well within reason. You're on vacation......Send them out. They will be returned to you nicely pressed and hung or folded as per your request.

So pressing arrangements would be made through the cabin steward?

Good to know about the Wrinkle Release spray; we will get some and try it our before we leave. My preference would be to send them out to be pressed, but we might take some of the Wrinkle Release spray along and hold one shirt back, just in case the sent-out clothes don't return on time.

Anyone know what the costs for pressing services might be?

So pressing arrangements would be made through the cabin steward?

Good to know about the Wrinkle Release spray; we will get some and try it our before we leave. My preference would be to send them out to be pressed, but we might take some of the Wrinkle Release spray along and hold one shirt back, just in case the sent-out clothes don't return on time.

Anyone know what the costs for pressing services might be?

Yes, there are bags and request forms in the closet. You just notify your steward that you have some items and he will take care of the rest.

There are laundry packages, but I'm not certain of the latest prices. Deluxe suite passengers have complimentary services, and other passengers can purchase an unlimited package, a "by the bag" package, or just pay for individual items. I dont recall the individual prices, but I'm sure someone else will chime in with them.

Ahoy!

Our last 22 day cruise on the Prinsendam (5/07) the cost for 'unlimited pressing' was $30 for both of us and bags of soiled laundry were $12.50. However, different ships have different pricing schedules so don't quote me on the 'bag laundry'.

Needless to say, we send out most of our shirts, slacks, etc. on emarkation day to get rid of "luggage wrinkle" and the items were returned the following day. We used the pressing services daily for slacks, formal wear, etc. that were worn the night before for only a few hours. Well worth it IMO.

And as a previous poster noted : YOUR ON VACATION! Send it out.

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

Archived