Taxis at FLL pier

wernew2cruising

Would it be better to take a taxi from pier, Princess, 0r use the shuttle provided by the cruise line to FLL airport? Are there taxis readily available or with the numbers of people are they hard to come by?

There are tons of taxi's at the pier. Depending on how many ships are in port it can be very busy! When we walk out into the luggage terminal there will be porters there. If you hold up a five, you will have someone getting your luggage and getting you a taxi in no time. Works great! We have done this twice being in a hurry to get to the airport for an early flight. If you have time you can do this on your own. Don't shuttle, taxi. :D

ditto on the above....take taxi, not a cruiseline shuttle (rip-off). There will be more taxis there then you could shake a stick at, they're a dime a dozen...:p

//////////////////

Hey Bequia,

After our RCI cruise in March we are going to rent a car. I have already booked it through Budget at the FLL airport. We were going to grab a cab at the pier and be dropped off to pick up our car. So thanks for confirming that the cab will work well.

My question is: Is the Budget rental office right IN the airport? I just want to know where to ask the driver to take us.

Bill, The airport rental car center is opposite terminal 1 at FLL. Over a dozen car rental agencies are under one roof. Budget also has an off airport office in the Quay Shopping Plaza off of SE 17th Street. I know they'll bring you to the port after you drop your car off, you may want to call that office to see if they would pick you up at the port after your cruise.

BUDGET - QUAY SHOPPING PLAZA

1515 SE 17TH STREET CAUSEWAY

FT.LAUDERDALE, FL 33316 US

954-761-7231

///////////////

you may want to call that office to see if they would pick you up at the port after your cruise.

BUDGET - QUAY SHOPPING PLAZA

1515 SE 17TH STREET CAUSEWAY

FT.LAUDERDALE, FL 33316 US

954-761-7231

///////////////

Thanks Bequia,

That is great information. I'll look into that.

Cheers.

Thrifty has a location at 2400 Miami Rd, just about 1 mile or so from the Port. They run a free shuttle from the Port to that location. Don't know where you are going after that or when, but Thrifty seems to have the best rates, at least at this time.

Hey Bequia,

After our RCI cruise in March we are going to rent a car. I have already booked it through Budget at the FLL airport. We were going to grab a cab at the pier and be dropped off to pick up our car. So thanks for confirming that the cab will work well.

My question is: Is the Budget rental office right IN the airport? I just want to know where to ask the driver to take us.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Hey don't know what airport but orlando through hertz you can rent 1 day 1 way shuttle from the airport for around $50.00, drive to port in capecanavaral they give free shuttle to the airport. You can also book a 1 way 1 day back to airport and they will pick you up at ship tocar rental and drive back. My husband has a gold hertz membership because he travels but with it you don't even do anything but look at a screen at rental place it tells you what row you are parked in, car space etc and your keys are in the car and you are ready to go. I had booked my air theough airtran and you get the same price with them. carnival transfers were $70 a person. So if you rent and have more then 2 people you save. The cab wated about $90 1 way because port canaveral is 45 miles from airport....don't know about other cities. The price I got was for a compact car. Figured a 45 min drive didn't need anything else. Hope this helps[/color]

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Hey don't know what airport but orlando through hertz you can rent 1 day 1 way shuttle from the airport for around $50.00, drive to port in capecanavaral they give free shuttle to the airport. You can also book a 1 way 1 day back to airport and they will pick you up at ship tocar rental and drive back. My husband has a gold hertz membership because he travels but with it you don't even do anything but look at a screen at rental place it tells you what row you are parked in, car space etc and your keys are in the car and you are ready to go. I had booked my air theough airtran and you get the same price with them. carnival transfers were $70 a person. So if you rent and have more then 2 people you save. The cab wated about $90 1 way because port canaveral is 45 miles from airport....don't know about other cities. The price I got was for a compact car. Figured a 45 min drive didn't need anything else. Hope this helps[/color]

I meant to say car rental and the car place will shuttle you from there drop off to the ship. then pick up at ship and shuttle to car retun so you can drive to airport

There are tons of taxi's at the pier. Depending on how many ships are in port it can be very busy! When we walk out into the luggage terminal there will be porters there. If you hold up a five, you will have someone getting your luggage and getting you a taxi in no time. Works great! We have done this twice being in a hurry to get to the airport for an early flight. If you have time you can do this on your own. Don't shuttle, taxi. :D

Thanks for the info. Next question...how much should it cost to take the taxi to the airport? And can you tell me, how much should a taxi cost to go from the airport to the Embassy Suites FLL? Do you know? Again, thank you so much for your help.

Archived