Sorry, another question - Arcadia

Norfolk Brit

Apologies - it's too late to edit my earlier thread. We've been offered cabin A150, which is apparently larger than many cabins of its type. It is at the aft of the ship. We are not bothered by the extra movement at the back, but are not keen on the vibration that occurs aft on QE2 and QM2. Does anyone have any comments please, either on that particular cabin, or how much vibration Arcadia experiences at the back of the ship.

Thanks and regards,

Mary

Hello Mary,

First time we cruised on Arcadia we were in an aft cabin on 'A' deck and I can assure you we had no vibrations of any description throughout the voyage. We did have a problem when the swimming pool above us sprung a leak and flooded part of our corridor but everything was soon fixed and Bristol fashion. Although I'm not a great lover of Arcadia, with respect to motion, I would say she is one of the steadiest ships we have ever sailed in and motion wasnt a problem.

Have a great cruise,

Jimmy

Although I'm not a great lover of Arcadia, with respect to motion, ,

Jimmy

Thanks for reply Jimmy. May I ask why you're not particularly partial to Arcadia (apart from its swimming pool springing a leak. Interesting;)). We've chosen it for the Baltic itinerary rather than the ship itself and will now start doing some research about travelling with P&O. Think quite a few UK-based Cunarders are looking at P&O in preparation for the retirement of QE2.

Regards,Mary

Thanks for reply Jimmy. May I ask why you're not particularly partial to Arcadia (apart from its swimming pool springing a leak. Interesting ). We've chosen it for the Baltic itinerary rather than the ship itself and will now start doing some research about travelling with P&O. Think quite a few UK-based Cunarders are looking at P&O in preparation for the retirement of QE2.

Regards,Mary

Hi Mary,

We have had a side suite and that was excellent, right next to the glass lift. We have traveled on the back shelve as well at a party and there was no vibration at all.

Unfortunatly we cannot say we like Arcadia the best in P&O:(. Cos we have no favourites:D we love them all:D. And we are booked on Ventura in 09.

A very interesting statement about Cunard passengers. I have a feeling you would enjoy Oriana or Aurora more than Arcadia. I may be wrong.

:)Happy cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Hello Mary

A word of reassurance I adore the Arcadia In fact have returned off the Aurora in September and although still a big P&O fan will not cruise on the Aurora again nothing major wrong I just prefer the Arcadia,

For starters she's child free I adore the little darlings but cannot eat a whole one hehehehe, joking aside I respect peoples choice to have children but my Wife and I don't have any and we don't want to spend our holidays with other peoples.

The Arcadia is far more spacious and airy than the Aurora the cabins and balonies far bigger than the standard on Aurora, In fact the aft cabins have massive balconys hence we are booked into E186 for the Top of the World cruise next July going to Norway and the fjords.

I first sailed on Arcadia in July 2006 cruising the baltics and of my 7 cruises it was by far our best and favorite you will love it.

Hello Mary

A word of reassurance I adore the Arcadia In fact have returned off the Aurora in September and although still a big P&O fan will not cruise on the Aurora again nothing major wrong I just prefer the Arcadia,

For starters she's child free I adore the little darlings but cannot eat a whole one hehehehe, joking aside I respect peoples choice to have children but my Wife and I don't have any and we don't want to spend our holidays with other peoples.

The Arcadia is far more spacious and airy than the Aurora the cabins and balonies far bigger than the standard on Aurora, In fact the aft cabins have massive balconys hence we are booked into E186 for the Top of the World cruise next July going to Norway and the fjords.

I first sailed on Arcadia in July 2006 cruising the baltics and of my 7 cruises it was by far our best and favorite you will love it.

Thank you; I'm sure we'll love it, and the itinerary is wonderful.

We went on QE2 during the school holidays, and most of the children were great. There was one, however, who was about 5 years old and everywhere we went there he was, up to no good. We called him 'the orphan' because he appeared to have no parents. Our last sighting of him was in the buffet area dancing in a spilt pot of coffee surrounded by waiters who obviously wished to resort to violence.......

As long as the food, cabin, people and places are good, and they will be, we shall be perfectly happy.

Regards, Mary

There was one, however, who was about 5 years old and everywhere we went there he was, up to no good.

Have any of you noticed how out of 2000 people on board you always see the same half-dozen or so?

You pick your favourite spots in the ship for different times of the day and so do they. They may not be in your area but you bump into them at the same point every day at the same times :)

Have any of you noticed how out of 2000 people on board you always see the same half-dozen or so?

You pick your favourite spots in the ship for different times of the day and so do they. They may not be in your area but you bump into them at the same point every day at the same times :)

Now my wife thinks the opposite. You walk around on the first day and see many people and the next day they are all different. She says that in the night they bring a new set of people on to the ship by helicopter and swap them over:eek:

She may be right:D

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Totally agree. I held a 'cruiseconnection' meet up on board on my last 2 long cruises to Med and Canaries, I held it on the first sea day in the crows nest.....and it was amazing how many times you would bump into those people again throughout the cruise - on coach tours, on the prom deck.... we would walk the prom deck some times and stop 4-5 times on one lap stopping to talk to people we knew from the meeting, or our table companions - amazing. I found Arcadia a very friendly ship passenger wise.

We even went to a wedding onbaord last time in June ! Met a couple in their 30's I suppose, very quiet when we were on the same table at Breakfast in the restaurant. Struck up conversation with them and they told us they were getting married onboard on the sea day after Rome. I said, have you friends and family with you? , and they said no! Totally on their own, witnesses were the staff! Kept bumping into them over next couple of days, and they invited us to their wedding. It was held in the Viceroy room and contucted by the Captain. My hubbie and I sat in 2 arm chairs about a foot behind the bride and groom, it was lovely. Celebrated with champagne after and photos.

Sue

On our last cruise I believe the most we saw was of two Canadian women. They were on the same Russian tour and thereafter at every turn.

Spooky, even the other side of an Amber carousel in a shop in Klaepeda. We deliberately set off it the opposite direction to avoid being/stalking and bumped into another couple who had also been on the Russian tour.

Bumped into was prehaps a wrong call - he stepped back and trod on his wife's toes again.:D

Apologies - it's too late to edit my earlier thread. We've been offered cabin A150, which is apparently larger than many cabins of its type. It is at the aft of the ship. We are not bothered by the extra movement at the back, but are not keen on the vibration that occurs aft on QE2 and QM2. Does anyone have any comments please, either on that particular cabin, or how much vibration Arcadia experiences at the back of the ship.

Thanks and regards,

Mary

Always wary of A deck cabins after having one on Oriana the cabin was very noisy but from the deck above- swimming pool -loungers being dragged around, peope running about etc and being cleaned in the night.

Always wary of A deck cabins after having one on Oriana the cabin was very noisy but from the deck above- swimming pool -loungers being dragged around, peope running about etc and being cleaned in the night.

Thanks for that. We've booked an aft cabin on B deck for this very reason:).

Interesting that, the quietest cabin I've ever had has been A deck (Oceana) under the Riviera pool deck :D - perhaps because it was an inside it was actually under the pool:eek: not the deck:)

Karen

We have noticed that the people you see in the Embarkation lounge or on the flight out to the ship you NEVER see again!!!

And who are the people hanging about on the last morning waiting to leave.... where have they been for the last two weeks you never see anyone you met on the cruise waiting to depart....

But some people you bump into at every turn...

Spooky....:confused:

Hi all,

Cruising with Arcadia on Jan 11th 08, so we're also looking for as much info about the ship as possible. Best places to drink, Eat, Ports of call etc, etc. Been on the Old Arcadia for the 2000 Cruise which was fantastic.(Now the Ocean Village)

Hoping this will be just as good??

We had a corner suite at the rear of C deck for a two night taster. Very unimpressed. Balcony was huge - far too big for two - and the cabin was small and crowded. Bathroom a real disappointment. Considering that the cabin was a "suite" it was a big disappointment.

And the dining room (dreadful food and service) had vibration problems.

It was a "never again" experience.

Matthew

Well if the bathrooms on the 2yr old Arcadia in a suite are disappointing for you, than you won't like them on the very elderly QE2!!

I see you were on a 2night cruise, the food and service are always better on a longer cruise I reckon - have done 2 short cruises on Aurora since Dec and have found this to be the case.

Sue

Well if the bathrooms on the 2yr old Arcadia in a suite are disappointing for you, than you won't like them on the very elderly QE2!!

I see you were on a 2night cruise, the food and service are always better on a longer cruise I reckon - have done 2 short cruises on Aurora since Dec and have found this to be the case.

Sue

Marble in the bathrooms, double sinks, huge cabinets?

The bathrooms on Queen Elizabeth 2 are great. You've been on board?

I agree a short cruise doesn't show the working of a ship better - but Cunard managed a one nighter far better than P & O did a two nighter.

And I have friends who disliked Arcadia greatly - having had a lovely cruise on Aurora (I think).

Matthew

Matthew,

Having recently returned from Oriana and also cruised on Arcadia, I am firmly of the opinion that although I do like them both, in different ways, the only point that Arcadia has over Oriana is that she is child-free. However, that is merely a matter of personal taste and we have booked on Arcadia next year after our QE2 crossing.

David

That's the best way to go Mary - with an open mind.

Whilst not our favourite ship (too much plastic) we would travel on her again if the itinerary and price were right.

We had cabin B153, the Sydney suite, the bathroom is fine - a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower.

The balcony is large and on two sides so that you should be able to find some shade if you wish, and being overlooked was not a problem for me.

Do try the Arcadian Rhodes the food in there was very good, although I wasn't impressed with the main dining room's offerings.

A very subjective thing I know.

Have a great cruise.

The bathrooms on Queen Elizabeth 2 are great. You've been on board?

Are you saying the SUITE bathrooms are great on QE2? they may be , but from what I've read, like the post above - the bathrooms are awful in most QE2 cabins now, and as she leaves the fleet soon, cant see them being upgraded.

You have friends who hated Arcadia, I have friends who loved Arcadia like I do? All subjective I suppose

Have a great time

Sue

Archived